Code of Conduct

Unhappy Love the Juice, Hate the Bottle?

It's always a bummer when the bottle doesn't live up to the solid reputation of the fragrance within.

Two off-the-top-of-my-head picks (for now...there may be more):

Guerlain Vetiver - I haven't smelled the original formula, but one thing I'm fairly certain of: the bottle was better. Not as arty but much more practical and travel-friendly. New bottle looks nice, but since I keep my frags in a dresser drawer away from light and visitors' eyes the aesthetics mean less to me than how rugged it is.

If you're fortunate enough to have a big bee bottle of this, sorry to say that doesn't count here - impractical yes, but never designed with any illusions of being suited for a bumpy ride in a suitcase.

Acqua di Selva - Smells great, spray mechanism straight-up stinks - do yourself a favor if you're interested in this one and get the splash instead, then decant into an atomizer. One with a fairly wide choke, as this stuff comes out like a stream. If it weren't so full of cooling forest freshness, I'd think I was being urinated upon.

Of course, there are bottles that meet or even surpass a frag's sturdiness as well - integrating artistic license and functionality into something that looks, feels and works well.

But I'll start a separate thread at some point for that - this one's more about good ol' fashioned complaining rather than praise;-)
    Loves of Late: Agua Lavanda, Eau Sauvage, Gendarme, Guerlain Vetiver, Guerlain EdC Imperiale, Ivoire de Balmain, Kenzo PH, Mitsouko, Royall Lyme, Tabac Original

Default Re: Love the Juice, Hate the Bottle?

Whoops, missed that one!

Thanks for the head's up.
    Loves of Late: Agua Lavanda, Eau Sauvage, Gendarme, Guerlain Vetiver, Guerlain EdC Imperiale, Ivoire de Balmain, Kenzo PH, Mitsouko, Royall Lyme, Tabac Original