Code of Conduct

Default What Bond Should I Get?

So...I have expanded my collection a great deal from my original 3 bottles back in May of 2006 when I joined here and now I see there's a good deal from Bond (check the Coupon forum for info!) and I am having a horrible horrible week right now, so I think I need to splurge and get a bottle of something. You know, a little retail therapy?

I've got New Haarlem, Bleecker Street, Riverside Drive, Wall Street, and Nouveau Bowery already. I've tried Hamptons (very nice), Chinatown (blech), Park Ave.(nice), and I have samples of (but haven't tried) Eau de New York and Broadway.

I like Scent of Peace a LOT, but would that be a smart buy with fall and winter coming up?

Anyway, given my 'drobe, please offer some suggestions on what I should pick up!

Default Re: What Bond Should I Get?

You might want to try West Broadway.. it wears close but it a really nice frag with a touch of spice and warmth (The pyramid here doesn't really reflect what it really is to me). If you like Nouveau Bowery, definitely try Central Park. I absolutely love it (SOTD today) Nouveau Bowery is like a lighter, more citrus CP to me.

I'd say you should check out West Side (velvety, creamy roses with a ylang ylang head) but I didn't really see any roses in your wardrobe.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

H.O.T. Always. Spicy and warm. Wears very well in cooler weather and layers well with Wall St.

Quote Originally Posted by sloan_8013 View Post
    H.O.T. Always. Spicy and warm. Wears very well in cooler weather and layers well with Wall St.
    I'll 2nd H.O.T. Always - can you say patchouli?

I like Gramercy Park - It's clean - It's green, but probably more appropriate for spring/summer. At this time, I'm leaning towards Hamptons.

go with scent of peace...its the best that i have tried

Little Italy .. probably the most realistic tangerine note in a fragrance, with a non-obstrusive herbal note and smooth musk. It works in fall and spring !
    -

Hey Dr. Bubba,

How did I know a Bond thread would be started by you? lol

Well, you've got the best ones already (Bleecker, Wall Street, New Haarlem).

Scent Of Peace is nice, but sooo feminine to me, as much or more so than Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue for women (which it is 90% the same). For a better alternative IMHO, Montale Soleil di Capri is similar, but not overtly feminine. I would buy my girlfriend Scent of Peace, because it is mmmm mmmm delish, but on a woman... And I'm the kind of guy that wears Creed Spring Flower.. But if you love this one, get it anyways! I have a bottle of Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue for this reason hehe.

Little Italy is good too, but it's not 4 times better than Clinique Happy to justify the price tag. High quality citrus, but not worth the cost on this one, unless you've got unlimited funds, then splurge!

You should probably go with Central Park, West Side, or Eau de New York. And like jrd4t said, West Broadway is quite good, though it doesn't smell like it was made by Bond No.9 (someone wrote somewhere that it smells like it was made by L'Artisan, and I agree with that interpretation).

Good luck with your search!

Said that you already have the best ones (New Haarlem and Bleecker Street), I'd like to suggest you one of those for wintertime
    H.O.T. Always strong cinnamon and patchouli with animalic touches (but why not to go with the far cheaper Givenchy Gentleman at this point? )
    Gramercy Park: very nice green juice with a floral but still not too feminine muguet heart, melts to a warm creamy drydown so I can see it also for wintertime

H.O.T. Always is very like Givenchy Gentleman was before its unfortunate reformulation. Very nice stuff, albeit with a green/grassy note that's lacking in Gentleman.

I'm also ga-ga about West Side, although it's about as different from H.O.T. Always as anything could be.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

One more note about West Broadway.. I thought it only had moderate longevity on me, but I think I was mistaken. I wore it today and I can still smell it 12 hours later. The extended dry down is great, too.. I'm even getting some creamy base note touches of New Haarlem in it. Good stuff.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

--------------------------------------
    WAIT!!! in December Silver Factory will be released, I smelled it yesterday, it is their best yet! I almost ran out of the store with a tester. 30% concentration, and great bottle.
    Get Ambre Narguille by hermes, same price point, blows everything of Bond out of the water.
    Last edited by musclegod007; 7th November 2007 at 02:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thumbs up Re: What Bond Should I Get?

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Little Italy .. probably the most realistic tangerine note in a fragrance, with a non-obstrusive herbal note and smooth musk. It works in fall and spring !
    Second this one! The summer heat,seem's to magnify the Mandarin in this fragrance, and drag's it into the midnotes, longer than one might expect from a top note.