Code of Conduct

Default SHISEIDO BASALA .. Your thoughts

Curious to hear from all those that own or who have owned this juice ,, Tell me/us what you all think of this EDT ? ... Is it great ? long lasting ? or just all hype .. I have read the reviews but I thought a thread would ignite some discussion ... Over the past year or so I have noticed it is hard to find but a recent search on Ebay uncovered a seller ( strawberrynet01 ) charging US$55 for a 3.3oz bottle . Has anyone bought from them before ? could it be fake ? .. cheers .

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Default Re: SHISEIDO BASALA .. Your thoughts

I have never owned it, but tried it recently, and I think I can confirm some rather good longevity. I found it a bit too dry, so I myself would rather go for Minotaure, Roma or maybe even Zino.

Great ! Good to hear sillage is long ,, Interestingingly ... I own Zino and have both Roma & Minotaure on my want list .
    Last edited by Dimitrios; 6th November 2007 at 10:01 AM. Reason: update

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

I have owned it some years ago when its name was "BASARA" . It is very noticeable and long lasting ( at least on me ). You must try it ( or any other ) on your body, never on your hand skin.

Dependent

I find Basala quite a bit more astringent than Zino.

I have both and whil loving Zino I'm usually pushing the Basala out of the way and wearing something else. I do have to revisit Basala to see if my nose has changed any.

This one took me a short while to get and then, for some reason, I loved the stuff. Unfortunately, it was all downhill from there the more I wore it the more it irritated me. And to make matters worse, it smelt even more synthetic with each consecutive wearing.

I think you should approach this one with extreme caution - owning Basala is like dating a gorgeous and mysterious woman, who eventually turns out to be a filthy, cocaine-snorting bunny boiler.

It is potent and long lasting and unlike any other scent you are likely to come across. But it's not a scent I can wear everyday, as I tend to get sick of it and not want to see it again for a week or two.

Strawberrynet are excellent sellers to Australia. However, you don't have to buy it blind. My local Myers still stocked it last time I looked about six months ago, but not in the Men's fragrance section. So it may be worth checking out the Shiseido counters in the larger Myers and David Jones stores to see if they have it to test out.
    Renato

PerfumeEmporium.com has 1.7oz for for $45 and ships worldwide. I recently purchased a bottle from them and it's fine. Do a forum search for Basala in the subject/title. There are many past threads on this frag.

It's an odd one. Good sillage and long lasting, but I find it a bit nauseating. A strange astringent mix of herbs and wood.

pure macho

Thumbs down Re: SHISEIDO BASALA .. Your thoughts

To me it smells like burnt, very smokey wood ...that's probably what hell smells like.

Smile Re: SHISEIDO BASALA .. Your thoughts

It is quite dry as others have mentioned. I like the smoky incensy base in it. Lasts all day. Not your everyday scent though. I think more of a cold weather one. Not really a spring or summer scent.

Rick
    For sale post

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=190169

" I wanna have my kicks before the whole s--t house goes up in flames"

Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

It is indeed very dry, but I get a slight fruity-not citrus-note in the drydown. I can't place the fruit, but it somehow fits in with the cool red bottle, so I always think of some kind of berry. As others have said: very powerful, masculine, with great longevity. I have worn it in the summer, but most would definitely think of it as a cool weather scent.
    One of my faves. Does anyone know if it really has been discontinued?

I hope it is not discontinued, but I did not see it lately at shiseido counters in various airports. Previously it used to be displayed nextto Feminite du Bois. The scent is super sexy macho type, very long lasting and noticable. Not widely used by others.