Code of Conduct

Default Number of sprays for the office

I tend to use 3 for the majority of my wardrobe and 2 for powerhouses like D&G and TdH. I never receive any indication that I'm wearing too much but was wondering about toning it down to 2 and 1. This seemed a subtle day wear number but I still want it noticed. Still when I read about 10+ spray assassins maybe I have it about right!! What do you think?

Default Re: Number of sprays for the office

I spray at least 8 times for the day.. 1 hour before im about to go out. I have Terre D Hermes and have found that this works better this way.. Compliments galore!!!!

eight sprays? woah. the most i have ever sprayed with anything, ever, is six. two wrist, two inside elbow, two just above collar-bones. even then, this is usually when i'm spraying for myself rather than anyone else, as typically i'm more of a 4 or 2 spray guy.

it depends completely on how the scent reacts with your skin.
    current favourites: guerlain vetiver, trumper eucris, adp colonia
    latest swag: cdg man2, lolita lempicka au masculin
    next buys: keiko mecheri oliban, michael by michael kors

I usually do one, maybe two. I used to do four or five, but the less sprays I started using, the more better I found my nose at detecting it.
    Last edited by gimpy; 6th November 2007 at 11:50 AM.

3 for me, but sometimes 2. Normally I spray on my chest, back of the neck, and Adam's apple.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

5 for me.. since I shower in the morning, my skin soaks it in pretty quickly. Combine that with Florida heat/humidity and that gets me about the same longevity/strength as about 3 did when I lived in DC.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Really depends on the juice and on the purpose...
    in general I can go with 1-2 sprays of musc ravageur or 5-6 of tumulte PH for example. Said that, if I know I have to work with a very unpleasant colleague that day, I might decide to go for 6-7 sprays of L'Anarchiste let me say...

Quote Originally Posted by xx396 View Post
    I tend to use 3 for the majority of my wardrobe and 2 for powerhouses like D&G and TdH. I never receive any indication that I'm wearing too much but was wondering about toning it down to 2 and 1. This seemed a subtle day wear number but I still want it noticed. Still when I read about 10+ spray assassins maybe I have it about right!! What do you think?
    But I'm puzzled: if there is no indication that you are wearing too much then why do you want to tone it down further?

Personally I think you should push it up by one spray and see what happens. Live dangerously!
    There are people to whom the truth of language does not matter — they are known as liars.

It all depends on the fragrance I'm wearing
    (some will only warrant one spray)
    but generally I go all out and spray about
    5-6 times before I leave home for the office.

Then mid-afternoon I spray once
    usually only to the inside of my left wrist
    and pray one one complains
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

with 2 for my red giorgio beverly hills,it`s ok

4 to 6, unless it's a powerful scent like Amen or something. If it's a powerhouse, 2 to 3 max.

Today I had 2 long meetings back-to-back, I felt like something light, and I wore 4 sprays of Beckham Instinct. That was just right.

3-5 depending what it is and if I've used any companion products with it. Even then, anything I apply at 6am is usually gone by early afternoon and I really don't find soaking myself in the morning extends longevity all that much.

Thrax

True, tis depending on how strong the juice is. Today I put on about 8 sprays of Burberry London. I'll go with around 10 or so sprays of L'eau d'Issey, Once I sprayed myself about 8 times with A*Men and one of the ladies at work told me I smelled "nice and subtle." The only complaint I have ever gotten was from a lethal dosage of Balenciaga Pour Homme. I knew I over did it with this one. Ah! The complaint was "your cologne is stronger than mine."

Depends on the fragrance. I find one or two for heavy ones like Lutens, three or four for the lighter Annick Goutals; always to the chest before dressing.

No matter what I'm doing, I use 2-3 shots, max. Granted I favor heavier orientals but still.

Here's my theory:

1: When I'm at work, 2 sprays to the chest gets me through pretty much the whole day. My chest hair is good at trapping the scent, and I'm not sweating so I don't give off a monster sillage trail. And since I work in a medical field I don't want to offend the senses of my patients.

2: If I'm on a date, 2-3 tops. 2 to the chest, 1 to the back of the neck right under the hairline. I still like to keep it subtle, so the girl I'm with has an excuse to lean in. If I'm really out dancing and moving, then my body chemistry kicks in and the scent becomes way more detectable, so I don't want whoever is near me to OD on say, New Haarlem.

For me, one--maybe two--is the limit for the office. A classic eau de cologne like Guerlain's Imperiale may warrant more..... Can't imagine what would happen with eight!

Smile Re: Number of sprays for the office

I work in a hospital as well and I have found that one spray for most of my scents to the chest is just about enough. Maybe two sprays for some that lose sillage fast but when I take along my bottle to refresh I almost never have to. Once I put on 3 sprays of greland and the staff around me started complaining. They did this with Giorgio VIP as well. One thing I don't want to be is any more offensive to my coworkers than I already am. LOL

Rick
    For sale post

[url]http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=190169[/url]

" I wanna have my kicks before the whole s--t house goes up in flames"

Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

i just spray on my wrists, back of neck and front of neck, behind ears, on my hair, 3 on chest. then i just spray about 6 or 7 sprays to top it all off so i KNOW that people can smell it and i can. i love smelling a scent on me and getting compliments. i know my limits on certain fragrances though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrax View Post
    True, tis depending on how strong the juice is. Today I put on about 8 sprays of Burberry London. I'll go with around 10 or so sprays of L'eau d'Issey, Once I sprayed myself about 8 times with A*Men and one of the ladies at work told me I smelled "nice and subtle." The only complaint I have ever gotten was from a lethal dosage of Balenciaga Pour Homme. I knew I over did it with this one. Ah! The complaint was "your cologne is stronger than mine."

Ohh my good!...