Code of Conduct

Default Amouage Jubilation

Has anyone tried this yet? Reflection was very good, though not my "cup of tea" so I'm very interested in this, it's a 25th anniversary issue.

Notes are:
    Top "finest frankincense from oman"
    Heart rose, orchid, "smoky gaiac wood"
    Base Musk, myrrh, cedarwood, ambergris,patchouli, immortelle.
    Last edited by hirch_duckfinder; 6th November 2007 at 04:49 PM.
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Default Re: Amouage Jubilation

This one sounds very nice.

Now please excuse me while i go hide my cards..!

I really like the name as well.
    Last edited by ajmc; 6th November 2007 at 03:56 PM.

Basenotes Institution

I have not tried this - but the bottle is beautiful.

Those franckincense top notes sound lovely. Also I think its interesting that it has imortelle in the basenotes is becoming pretty common these days (Fougere Bengale, CdG Patchouli, etc) - considering this is such a love/hate kind of note.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Isn't that "silver" frankincense? Mix it with guaiac wood and the effect can be wow!
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Isn't that "silver" frankincense? Mix it with guaiac wood and the effect can be wow!
    I think the frankincense in the amouage frags is fantastic.
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

reviews

Off-Scenter

I look forward to trying this release. I had given up on Amouage after the trying (and trying, and trying) the old lady-and-cat pee monstrosity that is Gold, but Reflection convinced me that there could be more to this house than my beloved Dia. Let's see what they do under their new artistic director...
    Last edited by Off-Scenter; 6th November 2007 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibert View Post
    I look forward to trying this release. I had given up on Amouage after the trying (and trying, and trying) the old lady-and-cat pee monstrosity that is Gold, but Reflection convinced me that there could be more to this house than my beloved Dia. Let's see what they do under their new artistic director...

I love Gold . Dia we agree on, marvellous stuff. Reflection is not for me, but I can smell the quality.
    Please share what you know about a new artistic director Vibert.

reviews

Off-Scenter

From The Scented Salamander:

"The (anniversary) celebration is said to mark an artistic turning point for the Oman and England-based perfume house, which is inaugurating a new vision for its creations. Its collection will be from now on inspired by Arabian storytelling as well as informed by the personal experience of its artistic director Christopher Chong, a classical opera singer by training. The duo of Jubilation perfumes marks a jubilee and wants to express "...the nocturnal beauty and mystical power of the moon, a key motif in the inspiration behind Jubilation..."

Have not tried this yet, the notes sound great. Was not impressed by Reflections at all.
    Let me know what you guys think.
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

All I Know Is That The Minute Their Website Starts To Sell It, It Will Be Mine!!

I don't know, just don't care for this House.

for me I would care this time, because the nose is Bertrand Duchaufour who has worked with Aqua de Parma, L'Artisan & CdG .. so there would be a real nich quality in this I hope
    check his list:
    http://nowsmellthis.blogharbor.com/b...randDuchaufour

Off-Scenter

I agree that Duchaufour's input makes this a potentially interesting release. I've either loved (Dzongkha, Mechant Loup) or really hated (Timbuktu) his fragrances, but the guy rarely pulls any punches. Now the question is: How outrageous will the pricing be?
    Last edited by Off-Scenter; 7th November 2007 at 05:59 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by tariq View Post
    for me I would care this time, because the nose is Bertrand Duchaufour who has worked with Aqua de Parma, L'Artisan & CdG .. so there would be a real nich quality in this I hope
    check his list:
    http://nowsmellthis.blogharbor.com/b...randDuchaufour
    Ooh - I didn't realize Mr. Dauchaufour was doing this...great.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

That puts me off slightly, I have not really enjoyed any of his previous scents.

reviews