Code of Conduct

Smile Indults- They're out !

Luckyscent is now carrying these...and the price speaks for itself.

I'd like to tell you that they aren't wonderful...but that would be a lie.
    FK created them, with apparently only the finest, largely natural ingredients.
    I smelled them about 6 months ago, when a generous Latvian beauty gifted me with them;
    I called them my "museum scents"- you know, those you adore and merely visit, because you can't own !

Dare I plant a germ of an idea?

As with many things, when split, it's more possible.

Love to hear your thoughts !

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Indults- They're out !

Thanks for the headsup Chayaruchama - I scampered right over to the site to check 'em out. Sound heavenly...all my favorite notes. :bounce:

For myself, I'd go for the samples first and then make a commitment to share - or not!!

Let's see how this pans out.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, they sound amazing, especially Isvaraya-- I've looked high and low for a patch/jasmine without the chypre bergamot/lavender top and could only find one, my beloved OB Bespoke Red. I couldn't resist the samples, and tossed down for the sample set of Bruno Acampora parfum oils as well. That line has another patch/vanilla/musk with jasmine, rose, and galbanum--with no citrus or lavender. I'm starting to get antsy, as I ordered at noon-ish on May 18th, before the BA's were back-ordered and that order is confirmed by email. I want them to be here tomorrow, and they haven't sent shipping confirmation yet.
    Please, spritz responsibly.

They WILL, Shycat.
    They're usually pretty good- but we give them so much business, that I've noticed it takes them longer.

And you are right about the Isvayara.
    The plum in it is lovely. it's a very well-blended, pleasing work of art.

Post Thanks / Like

Arrgh, I typed this once but connection was down and I didn't save it to documents.

I was little disappointed with my samples. They are all excellent scents, well done, and well blended. They all share a slight efferescent quality of clear crisp air with the various topnotes and a base that is slightly medicinal, soft, smudgy/smoky/powdery base that gives the exotic tinge. They are gentle fragrances that would be appropriate to wear with a twin set and pearls. M

Tihota -- a dark, dry, pure vanilla with the medicinal quality up front. I'm not a big pure vanilla fan, and I'll have to do a wrist to wrist with McCormicks which I've worn impulsively during my cookie phase. Later in the drydown (two hours, maybe) I got a persistant hint of cedar with the musk. I like Opulentials' Vanilla Absolue better.

Isvaraya -- Bubblegum fruit opening that does settle pretty quickly to a fruity floral. I could identify jasmine breifly and slightly before it was submerged into a slightly sweet accord of fruit. The patchouli is very light indeed and merges into the above described base to pull it way further into the smoky, earthy range. Nice enough as fruity fruity florals go, at one third the price, but certainly nothing to skip lunch for (which is what everyone should do to save for Jalaine's Patchouli.)

Manakara -- This is a good rose scent, and my favorite since I do like roses very much. It has a jump off the skin, effervescent opening that lasts for about ten minutes before it settle into a nice fruit tinged, warm, red rose. The base comes up as above and improves the scent, taking it a bit further in the darker, smudgy/smoked range, while the top airy accord is still caught at moments. I'm a sucker for rose fragrances, and this one would be a great advance for the mainstream....if it were mainstream. No competition for MS Genvieve, none whatsoever.

They were all very nice, very well blended,and tweaked to be special, but also somewhat understated and very wearable to church, PTA, or country club. Very well behaved softly done fragrances, a cut above the usual well-behaved soft fragrance, but almost boring. They aren't light, exactly, just....soft and rounded. Unobtrusive and personal, they could be a wear everywhere, anytime, signature fragrance for someone like Martha Stewart (who could also afford them, and be drawn to the exclusive factor squared marketing.)

These opinions are from about three hour small skin tests and I may feel differently after a good dousing, all day wearing. So far, the emperor may not be nude but he's certainly in his underwear. The smudgy/smoky/soft/medicinal base could be the headspace accord of old, family money--not burning, but smoldering.

If I think of any more metaphors, I'll let you know.
    Last edited by Shycat; 24th May 2007 at 08:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reviews, pretty Puss. I'm gonna hang back 'til I get a further report from you. As it is, I've still got 13 Ava Luxes, five Possets and about seven varieds from PerfumeWorld to get through!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

From the hands of Fr. Kurkjian (no autograph, sorry!) through some kind French people I get all three scents in Takasago lab bottles (20-30 ml each). Can swap those for smth leather, vetiver or iris...

Post Thanks / Like

PM'd you.

It may have been bad luck, but when I actually SAW the presentation, I was very disappointed.
    Unless it was a fluke, I have to say that the containers and bottles themselves were very ,very poorly executed.
    It reflects poorly ONLY ON THE COMPANY THAT MAKES IT...
    I want to be very clear, so there is NO misunderstanding.

Let's just say, that what was received was returned as it was found, and I wouldn't advise purchasing them, unless you see them first.
    They don't look like the photos.

I couldn't justify the expenditure, when so little care was put into the process.
    Just shove it in a jellyjar instead.

I'm not a mean person, REALLY.
    Not the vendor's fault.
    Not at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, how disappointing!!! I hate crap that like that--it's a con, practically. Just out of morbid curiosity, which one were you willing to spring for?

I was going to split Tihota..
    Mainly, because I was fortunate enough to get the smoky note [which many friends do not !], and I thought it would really layer well with mossy, woody, and indolic scents [as I found it sweet but dry, and not cloying].
    The longevity is great- but both bottle, and 'palisander' exterior were very unpleasant.
    Downright nasty in a cheap way.

Off-Scenter

Question Re: Indults- They're out !

Anybody have additional thoughts on the Indult line since spring? I'm testing Manakara (interesting, but then I love lychee) and Isavaraya.

I thought the scents were lovely-
    Just a shame about the packaging.