Code of Conduct

Default Didn't wear any fragrances for six months

I'll spare the board the story behind it, but for about six months this year I didn't wear any fragrances and now I'm finally able to wear them again.

I must say I'm surprised, nothing really smells the same since the last time I've smelled them. Maybe my nose became more sensitive in the absence of scent but it seems as though notes that were once subdued at best are now bursting to the forefront in my fragrances. It's quite an enjoyable surprise, and I hope my nose stays this way even though sadly I expect otherwise. Has anyone else had an experience like this?

The down side of being away for a while is that my collection needs to be rebuilt and there are so many choices for good winter scents that I'm almost at a lose of where to begin in the rebuilding process. I've got a bottle of Varvatos Vintage, Havana, and a small amount of New Haarlem left and Bvlgari Aqua for the office but the once grand fleet of bottles is now gone. Oh well, starting over is always fun anyway.

Default Re: Didn't wear any fragrances for six months

Well, you've piqued my curiosity - why couldn't you use any fragrances for so long?

Yeah, taking a break (from anything actually) can certainly provide new and exciting insights, or in this case 'insmells'.
    For swap/sale: NIB: Pure Malt, Floris Vetiver, Vintage Tiffany, Charriol Royal Leather, Dior Homme; Dior Homme Intense, Chanel PMC, M7 gel, Roma (women's), Spicebomb, Trussardi Uomo, Obsession, others...
    http://tiny.cc/rd8ptw
    (swaps)
    http://tinyurl.com/a7qoley
    (sales)

Wow. Six months. I haven't smoked cigarettes fro 10 years though I don't miss tobacco at all.

The smellies, I would.

Welcome back.

Quote Originally Posted by ebear View Post
    Well, you've piqued my curiosity - why couldn't you use any fragrances for so long?

Yeah, taking a break (from anything actually) can certainly provide new and exciting insights, or in this case 'insmells'.

Nothing exotic like some rare malady. Had a life crisis last year and decided it would be a good idea to join the US Army, specifically the infantry. Ended up getting hurt after I had almost finished the full training, then sat around for a couple of months before they finally decided to ship me home. Can't wear any fragrances in boot camp, although considering the fact that it was over 100 degrees alot of the time at Ft Benning, I think that was for the best.

Heh, an interesting thread might be what the perfect scent for my drill sgt should have been....

My first purchase when I got back was John Varvatos Vintage since I loved the original. I really like it, sort of combines the boozy notes of Le Dandy with the tobacco from Havana, and maintains the creamy/lemony leather smell from the original. Female response so far has been encouraging.

I actually think breaks are a good thing from time to time. I go a few days now and then without wearing any fragrance, and like the effect when I go back.

I think what happened was - you probably over used you nose and Your head was heavy etc........

I do recommend using fragrance only once a day as normal - not reaplying - and nor overspraying either.

You will realise that you carry the scent all day and your nose will be relaxed enough to catch all those moments all day !!

Just relaxing the whole perfume thing to get all benefits

good luck

laurent
    Invisible Power