Code of Conduct
    Thrax

Default Donna Karan New York

Yes, yes, yes-the original! Just wondering what you gals thought about this one. Sure it's got it's fans, but I really want the nitty gritty on how it is. I kinda/sorta blind ordered a bottle of it cause I just love Donna Karan too much not too. So please ladies, enlighten me...

Blog Entries

Default Re: Donna Karan New York

Short answer: An elegant, original suede / lily / musk dominated sophisticated blend akin to Daim Blond (not nearly as honeyed / sweet) and Ava Luxe Film Noir (less leathery and a smoother blend). Although ostensibly 'feminine' due to the sleek white florals (lily, etc) - it is in reality quite an unconventional, genderless scent. I love this!
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Can't provide an opinion on plain Dona Karan, but I like Black Cashmere.

I had a bottle and it was extremely beautiful but because it was such a heavy scent it was rarely in my rotation. I sold it last month because of my new rule "Not wearing it? Sell it!!"

It has an incense note that runs through it that makes it very wearable for a man. I think you'll smell HOT

I have a bottle of this i bought a few months ago. New York is a straight up leather/suede scent. Very smooth and awesome. You are going to love it. Post an update when you receive it.
    Awesomeguy

I sorta just bought it blind too. I absolutely adore almost everything Donna used to (note the past tense) do, so I have a feeling I'm gonna love this one too. Although I'm sure I've smelled it somewhere along the way. Nice to know I'm in good company!
    Oh please, if everyone around here is going to start telling the truth, I'm going to bed. - The House of Yes

Rich elegant lilies and suede, grown up. The body cream and lotion are also gorgeous too.

One complaint I hate the bottle. The weird beak spray is nearly impossible to get the hang of. The top bit is rubber and for some reason I always manage to spray everywhere appart from where I am aiming.

For some reason this has very limited distribution.

oh and by the way the proper name is Donna Karan Signature. I had my wrist slapped by the sa for calling in Donna Karan New York!!!
    DONNA

Thrax

Well I got my bottle in yesterday and I have to say that I am in love. I sprayed a bit on last night and I kept on thinking that I had smelled it somewhere before. It took me a while but finally I realized that is smells very strikingly similar to Richard James Saville Row. I think that if any ladies out there like DK "Signature", then they should try Saville Row. DK lasts alot longer though!!!