Code of Conduct

Talking Have you heard of this frag?

I could not believe my ears today when my Big Manly Man told me that he COMPLIMENTED the man at the checkout counter on his cologne! He told said man that his girlfriend (that would be MOI) is really into fragrances and that said man smelled wonderful! Said man told BF that it was NOT cologne he was wearing but PERFUME and that the name of the perfume was Deutsche Cabana. BF said it smelled very "Sexy Caribbean"

1. Has anyone heard of this perfume?
    2. And am I being silly at being so delighted that my Man had such an encounter?
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Default Re: Have you heard of this frag?

German Pool Tent? I am going to go out on a limb here and ask if it is possible that the SA might have said "Dolce (&) Gabbana" a house that produces about 10 different fragrances for men and women.

Griff
    Last edited by Griff; 7th November 2007 at 11:24 PM.

Smile Re: Have you heard of this frag?

You should be proud. Your man has just struck a blow for the freedom of male scentophiles everywhere. He should be admired for being comfortable enough in himself to ask and not really care what that guy thinks about his asking.

Rick
    For sale post

[url]http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=190169[/url]

" I wanna have my kicks before the whole s--t house goes up in flames"

Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

You know what R....., Griff could be right....
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

I think Griff is on the money here.

Sounds like the original Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme...to me..based on the description and name..very popular as well..so wouldn't be surprised...but it's a EDT.

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120463.html

Deutche Cabana. Man, that is rich. Love the name. I hope it turns out to be the right one, but I think it's a beauty along the lines of M7 becoming Mister Seven.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

oh dear gawd!! you men must be right - DOLCE and GABANA!!
    WHY did I not think of this one immediately?
    how funny. My poor ole man is becoming hard of hearing.
    But you gotta admit, if your not into the brands, the two sound pretty darn similar!
    and
    yes, I am quite proud.
    Moving the cause forward, he is, for fragrant men everywhere.
    Last edited by rtamara41; 8th November 2007 at 05:10 PM.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

OMG what a laugh you're causing here...lol
    Deutche Cabana
    Sorry but my italian cannot help but ROFL!!!
    I instantly had no doubt about it being DOLCE&GABBANA (badly)pronounced by an american...

Someone should quickly create deutche cabana. that is an awesome name.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnifiscent View Post
    OMG what a laugh you're causing here...lol
    Deutche Cabana
    Sorry but my italian cannot help but ROFL!!!
    I instantly had no doubt about it being DOLCE&GABBANA (badly)pronounced by an american...
    I don't know what's so hard about pronouncing it, I hear lot's of people pronounce is wrong and I'm like no, it's... Dol-Chey and Ga-bana with a little accent on the a's

DW was having a hard time remembering how to pronounce D&G, but she knew that I liked it and she wanted to smell it. So the next time she went to the mall I told her to ask the SA for a sample of the perfume that sounded like, "Mulch and Bananas"...
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”[/FONT]

~ Robert Brault

Quote Originally Posted by zr0e View Post
    I second that, it is a great name LOL !!!
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

The best is when you hear rappers saying Dol-see and Gabana. Classic.

Deutchse Cabana. My first inclination was to pronounce it douche... what a dum dum.
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

happy to offer some amusement...
    so does D&G PH really smell cabana like? or carribean for that matter?
    or oceanic in any way?
    and do you think I should get it for him?
    he's been a straight Caron's Third Man fellow for months now.

Yes, I can see the marketing campaign now...

"...Deutsche Cabana...you vill vair dees scent venn you by dem pool gesetzen unter die stripped tent, ja?..."

(no offense to our German speaking brethern and sisteren.)

Griff

ROFL!!

Deutse Cabana ,...love it !

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    or oceanic in any way?
    I love it, I would actually wear it, but it's extremely popular. I've smelt it on teens to older men. Not oceanic, slightly sweet/ tobacco type scent, but the opening is mostly composed of citrus notes...so wait till it dries down a bit, to get that so called carribean feel.

Highly recommend it...if it works with your skin....sometimes it can come off wrong on some.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Yes, I can see the marketing campaign now...

"...Deutsche Cabana...you vill vair dees scent venn you by dem pool gesetzen unter die stripped tent, ja?..."

(no offense to our German speaking brethern and sisteren.)

Griff
    Ve vant ze money Lebowski!
    pool gesetzen = pool laws, §1 neva p*ss in ze pool, §2 neva drink from ze pool

Seriously, "Deutsche Cabana" looks kinda gross. Make that a Bierzelt and you have the right kind of tent.

I'm sure I have seen it at the local chinese market. Just beside of the ADIBOS and NEIKI sportshoes and SANY casette-players.

12 people have it on their Swap lists.......

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

LOL! Oh my, Rita, but aren't they so sweet when they try? I give him a big thumbs up!
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Douche Chewbacca?
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Thumbs up Re: Have you heard of this frag?

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    or oceanic in any way?
    Dolce & Gabbana pour homme, is a fantastic combination of Citrus-Tobacco-Fougers notes. For me Lime, Tobacco and Cedar are more prominent.
    On my skin there is a kind clean-sensual-aquatic citrus in it. Something like the citrus notes in L'eau D'issey. Perhaps that "OCEANIC" refer to this quality.
    It could be a good purchase, it has a simple and serious style which is very wearable.

Quote Originally Posted by maisonstinky View Post
    You know what R....., Griff could be right....
    He certainly is, phonetically they are almost identical! 'Carribean' and 'perfume' are the other fragments of information. That cuts out D&G Pour Homme, and probably leaves less than five out of those ten! I don't have a clear image of a Carribean smell but 'Sicily' (f) comes to mind. I would also sample 'Dolce & Gabanna'(f), or any of the other feminines that are available as an EDP. Correct me if I am wrong, but to the best of my knowledge D&G have no veritable perfumes for men.
    Last edited by narcus; 9th November 2007 at 07:56 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

haha.... Griff..... you added even more fun 2da thread lol...
    rtamara41, actually Dolce& Gabbana doesn't smell at all caribbean. It'a a very mediterranean tobacco scent loaded with lots of clary sage, lavender and other aromatic herbs from the "macchia mediterranea" and a slightly sweeter drydown.

Just had to add that "deutsche cabana" (especially as a speaker of German) has given me one of the best, tear-invoking laughs I've had in recent times, many thanks!
    For swap/sale: NIB: Pure Malt, Floris Vetiver, Vintage Tiffany, Duc de Vervins, Charriol Royal Leather, Dior Homme, Bentley Intense; Dior Homme Intense, Chanel PMC, M7 gel, Roma (women's), LIDGE, Spicebomb, Trussardi Uomo, Obsession, others...
    http://tiny.cc/rd8ptw
    (swaps)
    http://tinyurl.com/a7qoley
    (sales)

Quote Originally Posted by ebear View Post
    Just had to add that "deutsche cabana" (especially as a speaker of German) has given me one of the best, tear-invoking laughs I've had in recent times, many thanks!
    Ja, undt mein leibschen will be very gratified to know he has pleased you all
    Who knows, this time next year, maybe he will log in himself!

Mag, I could see how he might like this from the description of the notes, but Narcus, you are right in that the SA corrected him and said it was not a cologne but a perfume....hmmm....
    a sniff test may be in order.

Cool Re: Have you heard of this frag?

Hi rtmjara. I take it he doesn't like Guerlian Vetiver?
    Here in S. Cal D&G is everywhere . . .

I'm not a fan but a sniff test is definitely in order. Who knows? He might move up to the hard stuff and within a year start buying Vintage Tabarome for that tobacco high--

As far as Caribbean charm, well it's easy to remember: Havana, Cuba.

The former being the frag which was discontinued by the nimwits at Aramis, the latter is the available but difficult to find masterpiece by Czech and Speke.

I don't know, but I have a hunch that you will like the notes.

Cheers,

Mario
    Last edited by Mario Justiniani; 12th November 2007 at 03:16 AM.
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

For sure he meant Dolce&Gabbana, though there is a good cheapie called Cabana (La Rive for men) which I happen to own as I could get it for 7 euros here in Holland! They also sell this in Spain.

It smells to me like a mix of mainly Bogart pour homme but a little less less sweet with a kind of Le Male vibe without the minty vanilla and is certainly not bad at all! Smells really masculine and not generic to me. Longevity is not that good of course as the just mentioned frags but still good for like 6 hours!

xnj3aq52f4.jpg
    My Top 10 : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme
    - Guerlain: Homme L'Eau Boisee
    - Chanel: Egoïste
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Amouage: Jubilation XXV
    - Dior: Homme Intense
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

What is funny is if you google Deutsche Cabana the first hit is http://www.dolcegabbana.de/