Code of Conduct

Default Experience with Beautifulperfumes.com?

Hi. Does anyone here have any experience ordering from a website called beautifulperfumes.com? I'm not asking about their customer service (shipping time, etc.), but about the products themselves. That is, I've heard that you have to be careful when ordering online, as you don't want to get something less than 100% authentic, or an unusually old bottle, or some other similar problem. Their prices are excellent, which, ironically, makes me a bit nervous. Any comments? Thanks.

Default Re: Experience with Beautifulperfumes.com?

Ordered from them several times with no disappointments and no reason to doubt the freshness or authenticity of their products.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

They've been around for years, I've ordered from them, and have never heard rumor of anything uncomplimentary about them.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Hi J-S,

Welcome to Basenotes!

I don't have any experience with Beautifulperfumes but, living in an area where my retail options are limited, I do have a lot of experience with online sellers. I am now comfortable dealing with them, but I am very cautious. Find out everything you can about the company and scrutinize their feedback if any. On eBay, for instance, I rarely deal with anyone with less than a 99.4% positive rating - too risky otherwise. And please remember two things:

1. 100% authentic can still be a diluted 100% authentic fragrance, and

2. Fakers have gotten pretty good at wrapping their creations in cellophane, so the words Sealed New-In-Box don't always mean what you think it does.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Excellent, thanks. That's really what I suspected, but just wanted to hear it from some experienced basenoters. As a result, I just ordered Creed Bois du Portugal, Erolfa, and Aramis New West for Him (yes, they're one of the few places that actually still carry it!).

Smile Re: Experience with Beautifulperfumes.com?

I have ordered from them in the past, and will order from them in the future.

Its a Perfumebay company

Quote Originally Posted by realbrisk View Post
    Its a Perfumebay company

Is that a good or bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by joxer96 View Post
    Is that a good or bad thing?
    Well, good question. I had never even heard of Perfumebay before that post. Just out of curiosity, I checked their record with the Better Business Bureau, and what I saw did raise some red flags. I'm not sure I feel right about posting the BBB report here, as people on this forum seem to have had good results with them and I don't doubt them, but you can find the report easily enough it you want to. I'm personally not sure what to make of it. It is, as I said, in direct contraction with the comments above in this thread, and I do trust the opinions of those who post here. I'm still going to buy from them, but in truth, I rather not have seen what I saw in that report. You can draw your own conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by J-S View Post
    Hi. Does anyone here have any experience ordering from a website called beautifulperfumes.com? I'm not asking about their customer service (shipping time, etc.), but about the products themselves. That is, I've heard that you have to be careful when ordering online, as you don't want to get something less than 100% authentic, or an unusually old bottle, or some other similar problem. Their prices are excellent, which, ironically, makes me a bit nervous. Any comments? Thanks.
    I will be interested to look up the BBB report on PerfumeBay...but for what little it's worth, I've ordered from BeautifulPerfumes several times with no problem (and since in both instances I was re-purchasing fragrances that I had earlier obtained in shops, I can vouch for the quality). HOWEVER, in my last shipment from BeautifulPerfumes--last week--they didn't throw in any samples! I always regarded the samples they would include as a small bonus, so this was a minor disappointment.