Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1

    Default The perfumer of Habit Rouge EdP and Vetiver Extrême

    Yes! I got confirmed today from PR worker at Guerlain today that the perfumer behind Habit Rouge EdP and Vetiver Extrême was indeed Jean-Paul Guerlain. I'm so relieved. That means they can stay proudly in my collection - as my 'rule' is that the perfumer must be a Guerlain-family member... ;-)

  2. #2

    Default Re: The perfumer of Habit Rouge EdP and Vetiver Extrême

    I love My Habit Rouge (and Heritage) edp .
    The added,very light, M7( the aoud) touch to it , is a good find.
    Also worth mentioning:the bottle with the red leather jacket around it. Very cool.

    Although, I have to admit , I should wear it more often. I wear the Heritage edp more, cause it's a bit easier .

    Still haven't found and sampled Vetiver Extreme,... like a million other Guerlains.
    Last edited by eric; 8th November 2007 at 06:26 PM.

  3. #3

    Default Re: The perfumer of Habit Rouge EdP and Vetiver Extrême

    There is new packaging for Habit Rouge EdT. Has anyonce alse seen this? How long has it been in this package? See the 4th item down on the link.

    http://www.imaginationperfumery.com/...in-for-men-683
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 8th November 2007 at 06:32 PM.

  4. #4

    Default Re: The perfumer of Habit Rouge EdP and Vetiver Extrême

    Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    There is new packaging for Habit Rouge EdT. Has anyonce alse seen this? How long has it been in this package? See the 4th item down on the link.

    http://www.imaginationperfumery.com/...in-for-men-683
    It was a limited edition packaging around year 2000 I think. I asked the store, it's not sold anymore from Guerlain shops.

  5. #5

    Default Re: The perfumer of Habit Rouge EdP and Vetiver Extrême

    If I'm not wrong, I believe that's a special edition from a few years ago and not a new packaging ?

    Posted at the same time as mr. Guerlain, sorry, lol!
    Last edited by eric; 8th November 2007 at 06:38 PM.

  6. #6

    Default Re: The perfumer of Habit Rouge EdP and Vetiver Extrême

    Quote Originally Posted by eric View Post
    I love My Habit Rouge (and Heritage) edp .
    The added,very light, M7( the aoud) touch to it , is a good find.
    Also worth mentioning:the bottle with the red leather jacket around it. Very cool.

    Although, I have to admit , I should wear it more often. I wear the Heritage edp more, cause it's a bit easier .

    Still haven't found and sampled Vetiver Extreme,... like a million other Guerlains.
    Yes the agarwood suits Habit Rouge. Though I think it makes it less animalic, more fomal. But extremely beautiful.

  7. #7

    TwoRoads's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,963
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: The perfumer of Habit Rouge EdP and Vetiver Extrême

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guerlain View Post
    Yes! I got confirmed today from PR worker at Guerlain today that the perfumer behind Habit Rouge EdP and Vetiver Extrême was indeed Jean-Paul Guerlain. I'm so relieved. That means they can stay proudly in my collection - as my 'rule' is that the perfumer must be a Guerlain-family member... ;-)
    Since she is related, do you view the fragrances by Patricia Nicolai as allowable in your collection?
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

  8. #8

    Default Re: The perfumer of Habit Rouge EdP and Vetiver Extrême

    Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    Since she is related, do you view the fragrances by Patricia Nicolai as allowable in your collection?
    I read about Patracia de Nicolaï at http://www.pnicolai.com/ve/pages/patricia.htm Wish I had had that kind of childhood. Have never smelled any of her scents though. Could be interesting to find out if they are related to the guerlinade in any way... Can you tell me about her scents?

    Well I may sound like an OCD disturbance, but I'm just so much into the whole 'family empire' thing of this house that I try to stick to the more historical creations.

  9. #9

    TwoRoads's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,963
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: The perfumer of Habit Rouge EdP and Vetiver Extrême

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guerlain View Post
    Tell me a bit about her - is she married into the family? What perfumes has she made?
    She grew up in the Guerlain family household - Jean-Jacques Guerlaine is her uncle, etc.

    This is the bio from her website:

    http://www.pnicolai.com/ve/pages/patricia.htm

    The men's fragrance that gets the most attention on Basenotes is New York by Parfums de Nicolai. It's one of my absolute favorites - 10+++ on a scale of 10.

    Regards


    Edit - we posted at the same time - my answer and your edit. Glad you found the site. New York is the only one that I am familiar with. Got interested based upon the reviews here and other blogs.
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 8th November 2007 at 08:48 PM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

  10. #10
    graffham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    2,461
    Post Thanks / Like

    Question Re: The perfumer of Habit Rouge EdP and Vetiver Extrême

    Gentlemen,
    Where can one find the edp for sale?

  11. #11

    Default Re: The perfumer of Habit Rouge EdP and Vetiver Extrême

    Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    She grew up in the Guerlain family household - Jean-Jacques Guerlaine is her uncle, etc.

    This is the bio from her website:

    http://www.pnicolai.com/ve/pages/patricia.htm

    The men's fragrance that gets the most attention on Basenotes is New York by Parfums de Nicolai. It's one of my absolute favorites - 10+++ on a scale of 10.

    Regards


    Edit - we posted at the same time - my answer and your edit. Glad you found the site. New York is the only one that I am familiar with. Got interested based upon the reviews here and other blogs.
    After your input I googled around. Sounds really interesting from descriptions - quite Guerlainish. Yes, it seems like I should try out the New York! I see I can order on her website, but are they also available in stores, or are they very limited/niche?

  12. #12

    TwoRoads's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,963
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: The perfumer of Habit Rouge EdP and Vetiver Extrême

    It is not in stores around here, but I know of two reputable online dealers:

    www.luckyscent.com

    www.beautyhabit.com

    Also, check the coupon board - beautyhabit is 25% off - I believe for the whole month of November

    Almost forgot a third seller: www.newlondonpharmacy.com
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 8th November 2007 at 10:35 PM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Similar Threads

  1. Notes/Noses/years/etc for some Cofinluxe: Dali, Morgan, Watt, etc.
    By castorpollux in forum No longer missing fragrances
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26th June 2012, 12:40 AM
  2. Vetiver recs please?
    By GreenWoman in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 17th March 2011, 12:00 AM
  3. Guerlain Vetiver and Habit Rouge Old Versions
    By Boal in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 8th March 2007, 12:09 PM
  4. How to try Habit Rouge Edt, Edc and Edp?
    By yepyep in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 30th August 2006, 04:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •