Code of Conduct

Default White Musk for Men by Body Shop, a Wow?

Delayed at the airport, did the rounds of the Duty Free and fragrance stores. I'm sitting here and every so often I get a whiff of a Fumerie Turque tobacco note floating around. I just realized that I sprayed White Musk for Men on my hand about an hour ago. It has an interesting tobacco/white musk thing going on. Will this be my first Body Shop purchase? Hmmm.

Default Re: White Musk for Men by Body Shop, a Wow?

Interesting, Ruggles...looks like i'll go test this one at my local mall soon.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

It isn't bad, but also nothing too special. And... it's just soooo quiet... I generously sprayed my hand and it stayed very close to the skin. I won't get myself a bottle unless there will also be a stronger version. The one for women comes in two strengths also.
    Last edited by fakepurseninja; 9th November 2007 at 07:24 AM.

really very nice...its a skin musk with a soapy and rubbery quality about it. It smells a tad like bulgari black to my nose more than it does any other musk...really clean and "lathery"...good stuff for a good price....also its great for layering.

Sur la Plage

I just bought a bottle of the EDT yesterday, along with the after shave balm - plus they were having a Valentine's Day special so I got the shower gel for free!

I really like this scent and think it's a great value for the price. I find it soft and sexy.

I'm looking at buying "Of A Man" for the summer.
    They have a pretty decent collection of EDTs. And they're only $30 for 100ml, which is great on the wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagesse View Post
    I'm looking at buying "Of A Man" for the summer.
    They have a pretty decent collection of EDTs. And they're only $30 for 100ml, which is great on the wallet.
    Go for it Sagesse, Of a Man is a nice scent, quite long lasting for a fresh scent and you can't go wrong with the price.

I'm still waiting for White Musk for men to be here in Bangkok, however, I won't expect a good price since it's always higher here than in the U.S.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Basenotes Institution

I haven't smelled this, because I really don't enjoy white musk notes (even the Montale which was extremely well done and complex, smelled uncomfortable on my skin). But many Basenoters are giving this high marks, so I might smell it next time I pass by a Body Shop.

Ruggles, is it an EDT that you sampled? Or one of those oils that they sell?
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Ruggles, is it an EDT that you sampled? Or one of those oils that they sell?
    White Musk for Men is an EdT.

Still, next time I'm at the mall, I'd better sample this...
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Just bought this today and im impressed! good longevity on me and sillage. i expected it to be very conservative but its maybe even a wee bit too sensual for the office. seemed to have a few women brush past me a few times in the shops when wearing it, which is VERY unusual for me

This is my favourite scent at the moment. Clean, with just a hint of sweetness and very sensual. My ex-GF liked it too.
    I wish it would be more long-lasting and stronger scent. On my skin it stays extremely close to the skin and fades away within a few hours. It is much weaker compared to a few other scents I tried.

I think it smells similar to the end note of CK Be (which is, by the way, also very weak and short-lasting scent on me). Difference is, I think, CK Be has much of a flower/fruity component. Body Shop White Musk instead has a rather fresh opening and no flowers, no citrus.

Basenotes Institution

I didn't like it - tried to today. Too...powdery. Reminded me of Johnson and Johnson's baby oil, on my skin. My boyfriend agreed.

Maybe I should just stop trying to find a musk prominent scent that I'll like?
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Hi Mike, Keep on trying, you just never know when that fragrance is going to turn up!

I tried White Musk for me today, but only on a card. I have to admit that I like it, and maybe it would be worth a purchase if the finances for fragrance are low! Will add it to the shortlist anyway!

Sparkled by a friend who said she was wearing White Musk from the Body Shop, I really need to try the 'for Men'-version myself.

I love the description, but it might be too similar to stuff I have in my wardrobe.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Yes, I like it, although it's not so much as a 'WOW' to me, more like Mmmmmm...

I like the first couple of hours after spraying best, btw, after that it just becomes that same old (too) familiar white musk to me.

Nice scent tho. Great for layering too, I think.