Code of Conduct

Default New Frapin Frags

Noticed some "new" Frapins on Luckyscent that sounded nice, anybody order yet?

Here's the scoop:

Caravelle Epicee - "Coriander, nutmeg, hot pepper, pepper, thyme, Gaiac wood, patchouli, amber, tobacco, sandalwood"

Passion Boisee - "Tangerine, nutmeg, rum, oak moss, clove, leather, patchouli, cedarwood"

Terre de Sarment - "Grapefruit, neroli, cumin, cinnamon, nutmeg, orange blossom, incense, benzoin, tobacco, vanilla"

Esprit de Fleurs - "Bergamot. tangerine, grapefruit, basil, pepper, pink berries, orris, jasmine, rose, vanilla, cedar, vetiver"

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/categ...=226&section=2
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Default Re: New Frapin Frags

I just got the same advertising from Aedes de Venusta within 3 day of each other.

Anyone familiar with this house?

I ordered Caravelle Epicee. I'll report back when I receive.

I ordered a sample of Caravelle Epicee and Terre de Sarment.

Will report back as well.

Basenotes Institution

Two thoughts:

1. I get the sinking feeling that Frapin is kind of 'jumping on the bandwagon' here - seeing as Courvoisier just came out with a fragrance
    2. I'm skeptical at these multiple fragrance releases - WTF. Just concentrate on ONE good scent instead of trying to come out with a whole line of scents...most of which are mediocre.

I hope I'm wrong and they're wonderful - but most of the releases that have really 'shined' are the ones that were just released one scent at at time (Black Tourmaline, for instance).
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Two thoughts:

1. I get the sinking feeling that Frapin is kind of 'jumping on the bandwagon' here - seeing as Courvoisier just came out with a fragrance
    They're jumping on their own bandwagon, as the generally highly regarded Frapin 1270 has been available since 2002. (http://www.basenotes.net/ID26124304.html)
    "Oh, my Lolita, I have only words to play with!"
    - Vladimir Nabokov,
    Lolita

Hmmmm...been wearing Caravelle Epicee all morning. It seems a little thin to me and not to my liking. I am getting all the notes some Tobacco, pepper, patchouli, the amber is there...but as a whole it doesn't work for me. It sits on my skin and feels flat with little projection. Just my initial thoughts.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    Hmmmm...been wearing Caravelle Epicee all morning. It seems a little thin to me and not to my liking. I am getting all the notes some Tobacco, pepper, patchouli, the amber is there...but as a whole it doesn't work for me. It sits on my skin and feels flat with little projection. Just my initial thoughts.
    Barry - how did the CE work for you after the 1st wearing? When I sniffed the bottle top I immediately thought of the Courvoisier scent (which I see you own) - do you think they're similar?

I actually like Frapin - CE better after a couple of full wearings. I get alot of tobacco and amber. It still seems a little flat, but that could just be my nose not anyone else. I like CE and Courvoisier about the same at this point.

I think this frag needs to be sprayed, which I didn't have the opportunity to do so with a sample. I may spring for a small decant at some point.
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 20th December 2007 at 11:22 PM.

My time with this one mirrors Jock_With_Scents

Stick with it Jock, Caravelle Epicee is quite good. The best of the new 4 they've released, by a long shot. To me, it's everything that the Courvoisier tried to be and failed to be.

I wore Caravelle Epicee as a FULL wearing for 12 hours on Monday. Totally different scent. Not as thin as I originally thought and I got alot of pepper this time with the tobacco and amber. Nice frag, and yes, at this point, it is more to my liking than Courvoisier (which I already own).

JWS,

You killed me with your last sentence, I am wearing Courvoisier today and was contemplating a puchase. Might have to spring for a couple Luckyscent samples first.....:-)
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Mattybumpkin, I am sorry. Really, I like Courvoisier. Caravelle Epicee uses pepper and tobacco for effect,
    Courvoisier uses Tea and Leather to my nose. They are both really good frags, I am just a sucker for pepper and this one has RED PEPPER.

I could wear Courvoisier in slightly warmer weather, I wouldn't dare try with CE. Hope this helps a bit.

No problem JWS.....just ordered a sample!

Still like the Courvoisier......

I started a thread about these frags several weeks ago with little response.

I sniffed all 4 forever at the Scent Bar and finally decided on the Fleurs.

These are high quality scents that wear close to the skin.

I actually like Frapin - CE better after a couple of full wearings. I get alot of tobacco and amber. It still seems a little flat, but that could just be my nose not anyone else. I like CE and Courvoisier about the same at this point.

I think this frag needs to be sprayed, which I didn't have the opportunity to do so with a sample. I may spring for a small decant at some point.
    I'm glad you came around. CE is on my post-Christmas, to-buy list.