Code of Conduct

Default Guerlain Heritage EdP

I know...all the other posts about Heritage. I thought to add this post there, but my question is a bit different.

Since I own the EdT, is it worth the effort searching for the EdP version? On my skin the EdT doesn't have the longevity I want from a Guerlain, when comparing it to the L'Instant EdP. Even if the notes are slightly different, I'm willing to succumb

Default Re: Guerlain Heritage EdP

Yes, the notes are slightly different in the EDP, but to my mind it is perhaps even more wearable. The sharpness in the openining has been tamed down a bit — think of rolling off the high frequencies in a piece of music and you have it. But it has great longevity and character, as you'd expect.
    There are people to whom the truth of language does not matter — they are known as liars.

Banned

Haven't tried the EdT, but the EdP lasts around 10 hours on me (2-3 sprays)

Easily 10 hours or more. Heritage EdP is class personified IMHO.

My hand reaches for the EdP more often than the EdT - so that is my vote.

I have a question though - I bought my EdP from a fellow basenoter.

I would like to add a backup bottle - who stocks the EdP? where can I purchase it?
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

http://www.escentual.com/cgi-bin/Esc...iew/heritage02

38.50 pounds is $80.47 at current exchange rates.

I've bought there before. No problems.

Thanks radix023!
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

They are quite close, I often wear them together - EDP under shirt and EDT on arms.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post

I would like to add a backup bottle - who stocks the EdP? where can I purchase it?
    You can also order it directly from Guerlain's Paris boutique - over the phone, and they'll ship it to you. Not sure if it'll be cheaper than the online source above, but it will be fresh inventory, that's for sure.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    They are quite close, I often wear them together - EDP under shirt and EDT on arms.
    Yes they are close, but as usual the EdP is warmer, more intense, more 'vibrant' - the EdT more 'cool', calm, deeper in tone.

Fragrancenet, a sponsor of Basenotes, has the Heritage EDP in stock.

This is nonsense what I wrote here. So long time ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guerlain View Post
    Yes they are close, but as usual the EdP is warmer, more intense, more 'vibrant' - the EdT more 'cool', calm, deeper in tone.

I purchased mine from Amazon, been very happy with it.

I bought a bottle of Heritage EdP from Amazon just last week. The actual seller was FragranceNet.
    Of course, it's not vintage...
    Last edited by Snafoo; 10th November 2009 at 05:37 PM.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

I have both and I am immensely happy with both and they each carry different feelings and impressions! They are completely different fragrances in my opinion, and should be treated as that.

I agree that Heritage eau de toilette (EDT) and Heritage eau de parfum (EDP) are very different scents. If you like one, you may not like the other.

I couldn't wait to wash the EDT off my arm. It struck me as too powdery, offensively citrus/floral and very dated.

By contrast, I love the EDP. It's a stronger, richer fragrance. Very masculine, yet refined and elegant. And the gorgeous, everlasting vanilla/amber dry down is similar to Creed's Bois du Portugal.
    Last edited by MysteryBuff40; 26th January 2010 at 05:20 AM.

I agree that Heritage eau de toilette (EDT) and Heritage eau de parfum (EDP) are very different scents. If you like one, you may not like the other.

I couldn't wait to wash the EDP off my arm. It struck me as too powdery, offensively citrus/floral and very dated.

By contrast, I love the EDT. It's a sweeter, spicier fragrance. Very masculine, yet refined and elegant. And the gorgeous, everlasting vanilla/amber dry down is similar to Creed's Bois du Portugal.
    Last edited by MysteryBuff40; 29th November 2009 at 03:57 AM.