Code of Conduct

Default Chaps - old and new

When I was in college, I had a bottle of Chaps. Whenever I am in Marshall's I sneak a sniff of Chaps to bring me back. I often consider buying a bottle just to sniff, it's so cheap.
    I had the chance today to smell the new Chaps at Kohl's. It was like a sweet Armani Code. Very different from the first Chaps.

This is not a reformulation - but rather a complete change of the scent (keeping the same name). Packaging is completely different.

Has this ever happened before? the frag so completely changes, but the name stays the same?

Default Re: Chaps - old and new

I purchased a Bottle of the new Chaps....I was surprised. I didn't expect the earth to move....It's not ground breaking that's for sure. It's just a real nice scent. I do like the new better than the old.
    Gary

The old is a classic and well made scent a oriential leather scent that is very close to Amouge Silver.

New Chaps is just a aqua marine crap scent geared at the young teenage boy that doesn't know any better.

Stock up if you see any of the original scent for it will be leaving us soon

YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I saw the new Chaps in Kohl's tonight. I thought it was nice packaging and was pleased that a new generation could experience the smell I grew up on.

Obviously I didn't see this thread first.

Personally, I think the new scent royally sucks. I was reminded of a bad Eternity.

I will know now for SURE that it's time to stock up on Chaps. A classic has been replaced with a cheap knock off.

Dreadfully sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To my mind, a classic should be allowed to Rest-In-Peace when it is discontinued.

I feel uneasy about them doing the Frankenstein thing - getting all new parts - and reanimating it.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    The old is a classic and well made scent a oriential leather scent that is very close to Amouge Silver.

New Chaps is just a aqua marine crap scent geared at the young teenage boy that doesn't know any better.

My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post

Ditto

I simply love the old-Chaps. Though I am quiet young (30 yrs. old), I don't like the aqua-marine, or the fresh and clean ones, as they seem to have become very common. Like Chaps, Cigar is my another favorite.