Code of Conduct

Default Montale Aoud Velvet?

I tried this one a couple days ago from Perfumeshoppe
    Wow, this one really does evoke images of velvet right away
    quite potent
    when i started to look around for it though, I couldnt find info on it. Has it been renamed?
    Anyone else have any opinions on this one?

Thrax

Default Re: Montale Aoud Velvet?

Vijay would be the man to consult about this one, but I can only think that you could be talking about Black Aoud.

Montale Aoud Velvet is not in the directory, and to the best of my knowledge has never been an official release in Europe. Try to immediately catch it through the channel you got your sample from. If you are successful you may hold a real treasure in your hands! There is a perfume (no oudh!) called Velvet Flowers in the BN directory. This is not on the Montale website, though. I do not remember having seen it there before, but I always focused more an oudhs. Fact is, Montale have reduced their entire program very recently. I am sure, Vijay has more details on that.
    Last edited by narcus; 10th November 2007 at 06:44 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

If i do would anyone like some decants ?

Quote Originally Posted by LushLife
    If i do would anyone like some decants ?
    If you mail it to Europe, why not?
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Quote Originally Posted by narcus
    Fact is, Montale have reduced their entire program very recently. I am sure, Vijay has more details on that.
    what do you mean by this? are some or all montales to be discontinued?
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder
    what do you mean by this? are some or all montales to be discontinued?
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=189676
    If I remember it correctly, the BN listing of Montales isn't even 12 months old, and it contains 35 perfumes. Montale have updated their website only this week, and it contains 27 perfumes. I reconciled the two and detected which are missing. It must be said, though, that there were sometimes samples around, when the fragrances themselves were not carried on the site. I asked about this via their contact address. Unfortunately it seems to be standard practice not to answer e-mails. Their Zurich Agent carries about 70 - 80% of the items. As concerns the rest, their employees seem to know less than I do, so it is really hard to know what is in fact available now.
    Last edited by narcus; 22nd November 2006 at 03:56 PM.

Hi - I just got back from Paris and purchased Aoud Velvet so it actually is a fragrance; I just don't think it is available anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalaw
    Hi - I just got back from Paris and purchased Aoud Velvet so it actually is a fragrance; I just don't think it is available anywhere else.
    Well...I walked into the Perfume Shoppe in Vancouver almost 6 months ago, and they had this. According to the very helpful and knowledgeable lady there, it's just Velvet Flowers renamed to Aoud Velvet, and yeah...they added aoud to it. She personally orders all the Montales to her store and she knows her stuff, and that's what she told me. It basically smells like the color purple.

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi
    It basically smells like the color purple.
    Does it smell like violet ?
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    Does it smell like violet ?
    I just dropped some on my wrist from my sample.

Yes...there is violet and the fragrance overall is slightly sweet with violets. The images of purple velvet comes to my mind, but I guess I just think that cuz the label on the bottle is purple. It's actually really nice but a little too feminine, maybe a little too much. But I'm surprised the aoud note hasn't overpowered the other notes like what it usually does in the other Montale Aouds.

According to the distributor this is shipping to the USA today to him, and he hopes to get it in his warehouse by next week, I have known about Aoud Velvet and two other new ones, Rose Musk and White Oud, for a while now. I have been hounding him for it, since November last year, and he is finally getting it in.

Needless to say I have first dibs on this, and I am anxious to smell these. I don't have official notes descriptions. As soon as I get it I will post it on this thread.
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Quote Originally Posted by maisonstinky
    According to the distributor this is shipping to the USA today to him, and he hopes to get it in his warehouse by next week, I have known about Aoud Velvet and two other new ones, Rose Musk and White Oud, for a while now. I have been hounding him for it, since November last year, and he is finally getting it in.

Needless to say I have first dibs on this, and I am anxious to smell these. I don't have official notes descriptions. As soon as I get it I will post it on this thread.
    I tried both the Roses Musk & Aoud Velvet back in Late August, and I'm surprised Roses Musk doesn't get talked about more on BN, but I guess some people haven't gotten the chance to try it yet. But yeah...they are really good.

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi
    I tried both the Roses Musk & Aoud Velvet back in Late August, and I'm surprised Roses Musk doesn't get talked about more on BN, but I guess some people haven't gotten the chance to try it yet. But yeah...they are really good.
    Yes you are right, it does not get talked about that much because not many people have tried it or heard about it, hopefully that will change soon.
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Hi,

I also reside in Canada and love the scent of Aoud Velvet. I'd be posting it for sale after April 19th (I will officially be one year on basenotes) so if you'd like to be emailed then, I can do that for you.

Regards,

Parisa

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but I got a very large decant of this today, it's amazing! It does smell quite a bit like Miss Dior Cherie to me, but I love that perfume, so it's all good. I think of all of the Montale's I've smelled this is the best, mind you it's not at all suitable for a man, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    I love love love Roses Musk. Love.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    I love love love Roses Musk. Love.
    Ditto.

Thritto.
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Fourtto.

Well damn, roses musk? Just when I thought I was done with the Montales. I need to find a decant.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

I didn't like Aoud velvet. It smells very smooth and soft as the name suggests, quite floral and not for me.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

I wouldn't normally consider buying quite so feminine of a fragrance, but this one smells so freakin' good to me that I'm considering it.

Permission requested to purchase and wear this, everyone...?
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah