Code of Conduct

Default "regular guys" discuss their favorite cologne

I was surfing around the interwebs just now, and Google dug up a thread for me of mostly male DVD collectors discussing their favorite colognes. A lot of the usual suspects: Eternity, Aqua di Gio, Drakkar, Le Male, Curve, and even Axe body spray. Stuff that will make you and your sophisticated noses experience actual pain. Or laughter. Maybe both.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/archive/ind.../t-352207.html

About a third of the way down, there is a ray of light from a poster going by the name, "The Hound"

I am a cologne addict myself with quite an expansive collection.

Recently I am more into rather untraditional scents and have recently discovered the Comme Des Garcons line. They like to call their scents "anti-perfume". One of my favorites from that line is Odeur 71. It has notes such as : ozone, electricity, toaster, dust on a hot light bulb, pencil shavings, fountain pen ink, incense, wood and the list goes on.

Despite the rather odd ingredients it is a very pleasant fresh modern, urban scent with personality. Plus it gathers compliments as well, which is always welcome.

(chanting)
    One of us! One of us!

Enjoy *wink*

Please visit SalonAesthetica.com (undergoing redecorating, but still open for business and will be motoring along soon)

Quote Originally Posted by Sestra View Post
    Kelly Caleche smells like Beelzeebub's urine to me...

Default Re: "regular guys" discuss their favorite cologne

I hereby dub your ability to spot The Hound as "one of us" (at least in spirit) ... spraydar.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaKulpa View Post
    I was surfing around the interwebs just now, and Google dug up a thread for me of mostly male DVD collectors discussing their favorite colognes. A lot of the usual suspects: Eternity, Aqua di Gio, Drakkar, Le Male, Curve, and even Axe body spray. Stuff that will make you and your sophisticated noses experience actual pain. Or laughter. Maybe both.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/archive/ind.../t-352207.html

About a third of the way down, there is a ray of light from a poster going by the name, "The Hound"

(chanting)
    One of us! One of us!

Enjoy *wink*
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSC View Post
    I hereby dub your ability to spot The Hound as "one of us" (at least in spirit) ... spraydar.
    lmao SPRAY-dar! Love eeeet! I am now going to use this term daily, even if I have to make up situations to use it in.

"my spray-dar just went ping."

*ping*

Please visit SalonAesthetica.com (undergoing redecorating, but still open for business and will be motoring along soon)

Good find Spraydar!

Although, I suppose that I would sound the same to them if I were discussing DVDs
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

It's amusing to see the "before" and "after" in the same thread. Feels a little bit like eavesdropping, a little bit like seeing a baby's first steps, and a little bit like watching the effects of a religious healing: *Praise the Tom Ford!*

I especially love the first attempt at a review. -- of course, I say this with my frag-oholism being a whole 4 months old.

:: plinks rubber band at TwoRoads ::
    Last edited by MiaKulpa; 11th November 2007 at 09:19 PM.

Again.....I thought that fragrance was a personal thing.....If people like Drakkar, Eternity, Le Male and Axe....that's fine with me. I consider anyone that wears fragrance as one of us....If it takes being a fragrance snob to be one of us....count me out. I Love fragrance....all types. Niche and mainstream alike. I certainly do not think that all Niche fragrances are Great....the same with the mainstream scents.
    I"ll be honest...this is one of the things that continues to bother me about Basenotes. If fragrance is a personal thing....we should treat it that way. I like Niche scents , don't get me wrong. I do have my fair share....that's for sure. But Niche Fragrances do not meet all of my Fragrance needs....the same goes for mainstream scents.
    Gary

Well, some of them made me proud, others chose not to follow the JPG way of thinking. Shame on them.

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    Again.....I thought that fragrance was a personal thing.....If people like Drakkar, Eternity, Le Male and Axe....that's fine with me. I consider anyone that wears fragrance as one of us....If it takes being a fragrance snob to be one of us....count me out. I Love fragrance....all types. Niche and mainstream alike. I certainly do not think that all Niche fragrances are Great....the same with the mainstream scents.
    I"ll be honest...this is one of the things that continues to bother me about Basenotes. If fragrance is a personal thing....we should treat it that way. I like Niche scents , don't get me wrong. I do have my fair share....that's for sure. But Niche Fragrances do not meet all of my Fragrance needs....the same goes for mainstream scents.
    Gary
    Oh please don't misunderstand; my original post was very poorly constructed and worded (I'm sleep deprived). It's not meant to mock the DVD guys, just to point out in the newbie -- a group of which I am a card-carrying member! -- the quality of beginning, what...obsession...analysis...shared passion...growing connoisseurship...collecting! Not anti-regular dudes but pro-fraggie, if you will. And I imagine every fraggie collection proudly contains a few mainstream and drugstore scents. Witness Luca Turin and Tommy Girl: Not only mainstream, but mainstream drugstore, and for *women*, for crying out loud!

It's all good!

I say this having just yesterday boasted on two other fragrance forums of my $16.99 gift set purchase at Marshall's (Cabotine by Gres, if you must know...I *love* eet!).

Rock on
    Last edited by MiaKulpa; 11th November 2007 at 10:04 PM.

I just did a quick glance, but the one's mentioned weren't that bad! There is a lot of variety and much more diversity in designer fragrances than I expected after reading your original post. I've seen some random forums where the "players" were all recommending Axe etc.

Love the term "Spraydar" I think it needs a formal definition!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSC View Post
    TOO funny! That's an amazing find
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Yes, I guess we are snobs. In fact, we're even snobby to each other. (I shoot those with bad taste with my rubber bands of hard cold justice)
    {Shoots rubber band at Gary}
    {Runs away laughing maniacally, waving arms in the air}
    - Rich
    Last edited by _R$_; 11th November 2007 at 11:47 PM.
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    If it takes being a fragrance snob to be one of us....count me out.
    That applies to me as well and also, I believe, to the vast majority of us.

I did not see condescension or snobbery in our discussion of the topic as much as recognition that it is not a subject that they are passionate about.

My previous comment inferred that it would be akin to them looking at a thread of ours relating to DVDs - a subject that they are passionate about and we are not.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

All I know, is that I'm totally using "spraydar". I love it.