Code of Conduct

Default Please give more reviews for this Acqua di Parma scent...

http://www.pramool.com/cgi-bin/dispitem.cgi?3760897

I am looking forward to winning this auction, but would like to hear from you guys first since this will be a blind buy. The seller said it's in the same line of Polo Green and Lacoste (original). Do you agree with her?

I'd like to know what scent is similar to this one and does this one last long?

Thank you in advance guys!

P.S. Today I received Jacomo Rouge, Jaguar Performance and Romeo Gigli Man. I am very satisfied with these 3 blind purchases. I wear Jacomo today and really like it. My recent blind buys have all been good and satisfying I think I can evaluate scents from reading reviews better and better as time goes by, and surely, your opinion upon this AdP scent will help me decide.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Default Re: Please give more reviews for this Acqua di Parma scent...

I just tried this other day.. I've tried three of the four fragrances from the Blu Mediterraneo line.. Arancia di Capri, & Fico di Amalfi happen to be my favourites, I really enjoy how fresh they start and then sort of mellow into a sort of milky sweet scent.. Until I tried Cipresso di Toscana...
    Cipressso di Toscana is quite different than the other two.. Started off smelling mossy fresh with a really light hint of citrus.. Then it dries down to a cypress, woody-moss freshness.. One of the more unique scents I've sampled recently...

I wouldn't be able to comment on comparing it with the other two as I'm not familiar with them.. Hope this helps you (and win the auction!)...
    In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures. For in the dew of little things the heart finds it's morning, and is refreshed. -Kahlil Gibran

Current Favourites: Mandarine by Il Profvmo, Sculpture Homme by Nikos

Quote Originally Posted by chimera45 View Post
    I just tried this other day.. I've tried three of the four fragrances from the Blu Mediterraneo line.. Arancia di Capri, & Fico di Amalfi happen to be my favourites, I really enjoy how fresh they start and then sort of mellow into a sort of milky sweet scent.. Until I tried Cipresso di Toscana...
    Cipressso di Toscana is quite different than the other two.. Started off smelling mossy fresh with a really light hint of citrus.. Then it dries down to a cypress, woody-moss freshness.. One of the more unique scents I've sampled recently...

I wouldn't be able to comment on comparing it with the other two as I'm not familiar with them.. Hope this helps you (and win the auction!)...
    Thank you, so you just tested them. Well, do you like it? What kind of occasion we should wear this for? Let's say, for example, Envy and Allure for romantic purpose, and so what purpose for this one. Thanks again :-)
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Is that... Thai? I was thinking Greek at first (It's Greek to me Hyuk Hyuk), but I settled on Thai after that.
    - Rich
    EDIT - I see now you are from Bangkok. Thai makes even more sense now.
    Last edited by _R$_; 12th November 2007 at 03:38 PM.
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

Quote Originally Posted by _R$_ View Post
    Is that... Thai? I was thinking Greek at first (It's Greek to me Hyuk Hyuk), but I settled on Thai after that.
    - Rich
    EDIT - I see now you are from Bangkok. Thai makes even more sense now.
    Yes it is Thai, lol.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Quote Originally Posted by KiatBkk View Post
    Thank you, so you just tested them. Well, do you like it? What kind of occasion we should wear this for? Let's say, for example, Envy and Allure for romantic purpose, and so what purpose for this one. Thanks again :-)
    Sorry I totally left that out of the answer... LOL... Yes, I do.. I like it very much actually.. My experience is limited with mossy sort of scents, but this was very nice in my opinion... I would probably wear this during the day, it doesn't register as a romantic scent to me..
    In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures. For in the dew of little things the heart finds it's morning, and is refreshed. -Kahlil Gibran

Basenotes Institution

This scent reminded me STRONGLY of Aramis Tuscany. Which is not a bad thing, seeing as I wore Tuscany thru my entire high school career.

It's not as formal as Tuscany, its perhaps lighter - but the similarities made it obsolete as a full bottle purchase for me.

I think it would work perfectly for an outdoor weekend kind of scent - like hiking or maybe a backyard picnic.

I would NOT recommend buying this blind.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    This scent reminded me STRONGLY of Aramis Tuscany. Which is not a bad thing, seeing as I wore Tuscany thru my entire high school career.

It's not as formal as Tuscany, its perhaps lighter - but the similarities made it obsolete as a full bottle purchase for me.

I think it would work perfectly for an outdoor weekend kind of scent - like hiking or maybe a backyard picnic.

I would NOT recommend buying this blind.
    I too wore Tuscany quite a lot in the early 90's and if cipresso di Toscana smells anything like it then if you can get it for( is it 250 baht i see ?) then it's a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by fenton_t_fox View Post
    I too wore Tuscany quite a lot in the early 90's and if cipresso di Toscana smells anything like it then if you can get it for( is it 250 baht i see ?) then it's a bargain.
    LOL now it's 320 Baht, about US$9. The auction will be closed tomorrow at about 9 PM. It might rise up to 500 Baht (US$14), still it's a good deal, isn't it? I will see if I'd really want it when the time draws closer. I've never tried Tuscany though.
    Last edited by KiatBkk; 14th November 2007 at 11:24 AM.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Quote Originally Posted by KiatBkk View Post
    I might rise up to 500 Baht (US$14), still it's a good deal, isn't it?
    It's a hell of a bargain mate... a 60ml bottle of AdP Blue Mediterraneo costs about $90 AUD at my local perfumery...

Quote Originally Posted by chimera45 View Post
    It's a hell of a bargain mate... a 60ml bottle of AdP Blue Mediterraneo costs about $90 AUD at my local perfumery...
    I won it at 600 Baht. Will tell you what I think about it. It should arrive on Monday.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

it's a huge bargin. this is one of my favorite scents. it's fresh but has depth of character. i brought some kick-ass cypress soap just to use on days when i'm going to wear this. i love love love it.
    current favourites: guerlain vetiver, trumper eucris, adp colonia
    latest swag: cdg man2, lolita lempicka au masculin
    next buys: keiko mecheri oliban, michael by michael kors

I just got this Cipresso Di Toscana ,unsniffed,my first ever Acqua Di Parma.
    For 18 Euro ,can't be that wrong .
    The smell and the look of the cypress trees very near the beach are terrific!
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

It is both more modern and more natural than Polo green or Lacoste original, but it is mossy and woodsy.
    Cypress in general is one of the best distinctly masculine notes, that hovers between aromatic middle note, and woody base note. It's underused. All the acqua Di Parma's (Arancia di Capri and OG colonia my favs) are very natural/classy, and this is no exception. Worth way over the baht you paid for it.
    Excellent come up!