Code of Conduct

Default Frapin Frags & my Trip to the Scent Bar

just returned from LA where I sampled all four of the Frapin frags and actually bought a bottle of one, Espirit de Fleurs.

Folks, these are wonderful fragrances. I didn't care much for the original so didn't have high hopes for these, but boy, was I wrong.

First, the bottles and caps are lovely. Minimalist and masculine. The scent themselves definitely share a common DNA, not unlike Creed or Guerlain. They don't scream at you and they won't weird you out. Rather, they are soft, supremely well-blended, resolutely unisex--beautifully blurring, if not removing altogether, the concepts of "masculine" and "feminine," and have good staying power if not a ton of sillage.

I also bought Parfum D'Empire's Cuir Ottoman, which may be the best leather scent ever, Divine's L'Homme Sage which is my #2 scent of all time next to Patou PH, and Parfum Generale's new release, "Cedre Sandaraque" which is unique and beautiful.

Speaking of Parfum Generale, I also bought L'Ombre Fauve a few months ago at the Perfume Shoppe in Vancouver. I've never seen it discussed here. I generally don't care for amber but this one takes your breath away with its softness and smoothness.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Frapin Frags & my Trip to the Scent Bar

Wow - good for you!

The only one you mentioned I'm familiar with is the Divine L'Homme Sage: I finally sampled it a couple weeks ago for the first time (from Vibert) and I can see now why everyone is bananas about it. It reminded me of some of the CBIHP scents: memory invoking, poetic and abstract.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Default Re: Frapin Frags & my Trip to the Scent Bar

Quote Originally Posted by Butthead53 View Post
    I also bought Parfum D'Empire's Cuir Ottoman, which may be the best leather scent ever...
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE