Code of Conduct

Default Fragrance wheel: fresh, crisp, classic, and rich

How do the categories of Fresh, Crisp, Classic, and Rich affect placement on the fragrance wheel?

Default Re: Fragrance wheel: fresh, crisp, classic, and rich

Quote Originally Posted by twinbee View Post
    How do the categories of Fresh, Crisp, Classic, and Rich affect placement on the fragrance wheel?

As far as I know, they don't.

They exist within each family.

For example, Mossy Woods (chypre) is my favorite family on the fragrance wheel.

Within Mossy Woods are fragrances that are considered Fresh Mossy Woods, Crisp Mossy Woods, Classical Mossy Woods and Rich Mossy Woods.

This holds true for the families I have looked into and I believe it holds true for all of them.

This is the first explanation that I found and the best I could do on short notice. Scroll down to the discussion of fragrance families, notes and subnotes - it describes the four notes (subfamilies) and even further sub-notes.

http://www.worlddutyfree.com/portal/...0357e120a____/
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 16th November 2007 at 06:51 PM. Reason: added link to FAQ
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Default Re: Fragrance wheel: fresh, crisp, classic, and rich

I didn't know what the Fragrance Wheel was but I found this:

[SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]