Code of Conduct
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Default Re: Name a fragrance you own, but no other Basenoter does...

Baladi... by Mermaid

Kouros Cologne Sport Eau D'Ete-Edition Limitee,in its plastic packaging,resembling a diver's suit (there is a zipper in the back).

"A Summer Eau De Cologne,light and refreshing.
    Can even be worn in the sun".

The last statement might sound like an official endorsement...
    Last edited by discovolante; 12th February 2010 at 08:28 AM.
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Next Guru Now - Mutation No.1
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Quote Originally Posted by sniffman View Post
    Sans Soucis Man Blue EDT
    sorry, own a bottle as well

I might very well buy this blindly, just... well, because!

Quote Originally Posted by leto View Post
    I don't think that anybody has this.

Eau D'Ernest:

Designed by Bulgarian artist Daniel Bozhkov for the 9th International Istanbul Biennial.

Bozhkov has created Eau d'Ernest, a perfume that evokes the spirit of American writer Ernest Hemingway. Through his books and public persona, Hemingway came to embody the myth of American individuality and virile courage. As Bozhkov writes, Hemingway is an emblematic person from a time when America smelled good. In 2003 Bozhkov stayed in the old Büyük Londra Oteli in Beyoğlu, where Hemingway stayed in 1922 while covering the Greco-Turkish War for the Toronto Daily Star. Eau d'Ernest is a contemporary scent for men inspired by Hemingway's idea of courage as grace under pressure. It captures the senses with the powerful mystique of safari and the exhilaration of the bullfight. Eau d'Ernest is an exuberant combination of sophistication and audacity with some vulnerable and tragic notes.
    Bozhkov developed Eau d'Ernest with Ulrich Lang Fragrances, New York and the perfumer Virginia Bonofiglio. Dark, brooding notes of burnt woods and sensual musks evoke bold masculinity while top notes of anis and basil, highlighted with Italian bergamot, add freshness and youthful athleticism.

Does anyone else own Tauleto, the wine fragrance?

Floramye by L.T. Piver - known to be the first using C-12 aldehyde (MNA), the first synthetic aldehyde at all. It still has it's charm.

Default Re: Name a fragrance you own but no other Basenoter does...

I've never heard of anyone wearing MAYTE by ARIAS ---which I purchased in Mallorca. Cant even trace it on the fragrance sites

Giorgio Monti Pur-Sang

I own Garrigue, too, and also Fleur de Cassis from the same line

Does anyone own this or has anyone even seen a bottle?
    I just found this on the net...Apparently it says it's banned in the ''Saudia''

Disclaimer: 'I don't own this'

Arwa. It's an oudh based perfume I bought in Dubai duty free in 2001.

Bandit Parfum . . .1944 release. Ok, so maybe someone else does own it but I wanted to brag a little =x
    Last edited by Zizanioides; 23rd February 2010 at 02:35 AM.

Proud owner of BSq (England's Berkeley Square house) of their newly launched White Amber, White Bergamot, and White Muguet perfumes, which are also organic to boot. (Not a huge green fan, but the natural oils make the scents live and breathe on your skin just as petals fly in the wind.) Their US distributor, from whom I also purchased Fig and Cherry as well as Lime and Clarysage, are now dropping this line.

However, they are picking up the L'Erbolario line and will be launching an entire website for it as the ONLY distributors for those Italian perfumes and colognes in the United States. One basenoter noted that she believes she is the only owner of their Spezie but I actually have it as well and it is truly incredible. You can also obtain a sample of the L'Erbolario scents from the Perfumed Court. At any rate, the Spezie is unadulterated beauty in a bottle for winter and cannot wait to try their other scents. A great price as well for these handmade and natural oils combined into essences of spice, vanilla, dark florals and musk in Spezie.

Sorry, this is not an ad, I'm just a huge fan of this company -- the London Bathecary in Charlottesville, VA. Check them out! Am focusing on Czech and Speake's Dark Rose as my next purchase, after I make my way through more of their L'Erbolario line first. (They also offer Floris, Truefitt and Hill, Taylor Old Bond, Penhaligon's, among others.)

Hey...has anyone a bottle of Blue Waltz?...my ancient bottle is from the 50s.

Banned

"Honeymoon" by Vanderbilt. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Mudassir View Post
    M. Micallef Black Sashka
    Ditto

Brooks Brother's New York Gentleman...Fine, classic style fragrance. Can't get enough of it right now!

Attachment 5952

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Angel Schlesser Homme Oriental Edition
    Marbert Pure Man
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Perhaps (?):
    Mr K Cologne (Mary Kay)
    Royal Violets EDC (Agustin Reyes)
    Kananga Water Cologne (Murray & Lanman)
    Vetiver Dry EDT (Carven)

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    I have a bottle as well.

In fact, Regence's Kolnisch Juchten is in my top ten.
    I've a decant.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Who's got Jovan Sex Appeal besides me?
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Blog Entries

Joop! Pour Homme? :-)

Or maybe Guerlain Habit Rouge Dry.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Quote Originally Posted by wren08 View Post
    Si Jolie by Fragonard. I bought this at the factory gift shop on a spring break trip to Paris in high school (1978) and it is discontinued. It's a lovely rose scent, very similar to Joy and completely impossible to find. It isn't even listed here.

I own Si Jolie and am wearing it this evening. Sadly it is discontinued, but what a wonderful scent. Does not make me think of Joy too much, but is such a well composed scent...WOW!
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Quote Originally Posted by swanky View Post
    Kananga Water Cologne (Murray & Lanman)
    I don't have it, but my drugstore carries it. What is it like?

This, beloging to my Grandfather. It smells like JHL.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Pollux; 7th June 2010 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hob Dobson View Post
    I don't have it, but my drugstore carries it. What is it like?
    It's sort of vegetal, floral and powdery. Think Pinaud's Clubman and Lilac Vegetal combined and you'll be in the ballpark, but it's pretty unique especially given the superlow price tag. Definitely oldschool.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    Who's got Jovan Sex Appeal besides me?
    Plus 1.

I am a sucker for unusual packaging!Does anybody have THIS 20 ml bottle of Azzaro Silver Black?
    DSC00045.JPG

(guess what:buying blind is dangerous.I found this Azzaro to smell too generic woody and fresh...)
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Two from the house of F.Millot: Partner (pour homme) and Insolent edt

Cinnamon Black Tea by Skin Food.

Amazing scent for $15 USD per 1 ounce bottle in EDT form. A must buy if/when in Korea. (Or maybe Singapore.)

Lemon, bergamot and slightly smoky black tea. A light touch of cinnamon, not much. More lemon than anything. Weird balance of "light citrus fresh" and "deep and sweet smokiness". Wearing it right now.
    "Flagrantly fragrant and they can't escape me. My perfume pursued them everywhere that they went.
    You don't want a loan, leave my cologne alone. It's a little too strong for you to be putting on".
    - Lupe Fiasco

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka View Post
    Next Guru Now - Mutation No.1
    I had a bottle of this, but it was in the 90ties. I'd like to have it , where did you Bus it? Is it still available anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    Does anyone own this or has anyone even seen a bottle?
    I just found this on the net...Apparently it says it's banned in the ''Saudia''

Disclaimer: 'I don't own this'

wow. that better be urine inside there

My own B.O.

Every fragrance I own, I'm certain a fellow basenoter has.

Quote Originally Posted by jdemetre View Post
    Two from the house of F.Millot: Partner (pour homme) and Insolent edt
    I have an ancient bottle of F. Millot Partner aftershave that I value highly. Would love to find and EdT or somesuch.
    Last edited by 6of1; 21st September 2010 at 10:58 PM. Reason: spelling
    "You just keep me hangin' on." -- Farewell, Lou.

I will mention all the ones that are only available locally:

Locion Tabac de Wels Beige - Honey / Tobacco / Amber. Apparently, a Zino copycat that went awry in such a way it does not even remotely smells like it... (edit: a fellow BNoter told me it does share the same basenotes).

Locion Tabac de Wels Black - Cinnamon / Patchouly / Leather. It wants to be Givenchy's Gentleman to no avail... good, but not as wonderful as the previous one.

Locion Tabac de Wels Green - Fir / Carnation / Amber and Musk. Same thing in relation to Ralph's Polo, but the actual blend resembles it in a way wearers might not be aware of it, unless being told that that was the intention of the perfumist.

Locion Tabac de Wels Cyan - Chocolate / Patchouly. Same as above in relation to A*Men, but the final product succees in making this version a far more masculine blend than the original.

Complexity of all these Wels' blend is quite remarkable.

McTaylor - a local classic with a heavy wonderful sandalwood base but horrid top notes. Worth waiting for the final product, though.

Pino Colbert - fir / vetiver / lavender / spices / patchouly - it is what Pino used to be thirty years ago. Marvelous when tweaked with pine and juniper EO.

Crandal - ylang-ylang / patchouly / sandalwood / vetiver / vainilla / oakmoss / musk - for those that think that Clubman and Canoé smell too harsh, this succees in translating the notes of traditional eaux into barbershop scents. The longevity is abismal, and it can be improved with musk, but this ingredient makes it loose much of its grace. Adding just one drop of organic vetiver EO to this blend ruins it in a remarkable way for it turns it into an acrid - pungent concoction giving way to a decent composition after thirty minutes of torturing top and midnotes.

Alliance by Carlos Benaim - bergamot / cardamom / amber / vetiver / oakmoss - a stronger, more animalistic obviously less flowery and more aromatic take to Paco Rabanne's XS. My favourite between both at 3/4 the price, plus the added benefit that the deodorant is widely available at a fairly low price.

Kevin Black - Bergamot / Clove / Thrush / Lavender / Cedar / Sandalwood / Patchouli - Alliance to the nth, albeit lacking complexity.

Chester Ice - citric notes / lavender / amber / musk and neroli - for those that find powerhouses too bold, the blend shares notes with those of traditional eaux de cologne.

Chester - a typical powerhouse bomb that is horribly longlasting and sweet, but fortunately for the those living in this part of the end of the world, it is not sillage-wise at all.

Colbert - patchouly / tabacco / hay / neroli / petitgrain - an aromatic fougere a la Paco Rabanne, actually with analogies but unrelated to this classic, maybe due to its sweetness, that can be cloying.

UAG Relax - Patchouly / Chamomille / Sandalwood - Soft and comforting, very flowery, very femenine.

UAG Lestress - Lavender / Geranium / Angelica - Same as above, a little it more manly.

UAG Cabernet - Cedar / Sandalwood / Black pepper / Grape - It does not smell like wine, at all. More of a flowery concoction my wife thinks it is femenine.

UAG King - Orange / Sandalwood / Rosemary / Sage / Dandelions / Ginseng - an inexpensive version of Chanel Blue, without the last one's finesse. It still feels generic in terms of its excelent performance as a deja vu inducer.

UAG Calming - Chamomile / Lavender / Lemon balm / Basil - I despise it for its coarseness, I venture to say it is a horrid concoction, but much to everyone's surprise, people do complement wearers. It is part of an aromatherapy line, so it is not intended to be worn as a perfume...

UAG Meditation - Sandlawood / Incense / Patchouly / Cypress / Lemongrass - a patchouly bomb in disguise. Same as the above one.

UAG Concentración y Estudio - Basil / Grapefruit / Rosemary / Bergamot / Peppermint / Patchouli / Lemon / Cedar / Dill - an aromatic fougere smell - alike so strong it resembles Vick's Vap-O-Rub.

Branley - An english style eau with terrific sillage and longevity; the sort of scent to be worn with a tweed jacket while smoking a pipe.

Ginell - A very, extremely, cheap intake of Dunhill's original (1934) top notes morphing into Chanel's 5 mid and basenotes. Weird stuff, harsh, pungent and, well, I hate to say it, even though I like it does smell inexpensive.

LPG - Mitsouko's unrecognized sister is an animalic harlot. It has the same structure as Guerlain's classic but the mid notes are dominated by some very strong animalic-like notes. A local succes among sixty + year old ladies and young girls that don't want to play according to the fashion rules. Vastly improved if tweaked with musk and patchouly EO - to the point that I succeded in making it similar to the original Givenchy Gentleman. Unfortunately, I lost the recipe and I never achieved the same effect again.

Flaño - A chypre in all the extension of the word that has been around in every Chilean drugstore since the 1930's. Of course, its price and popularity made it a staple among local workers; middle class Chileans, being so snobbishly class conscious, despise it for they consider it as the paradigm of "cheap". IMHO, it is marvelous, to the point of being hand in hand with such classics like YSL's Pour Homme or Lancome´s Trophee.

Agua de Colonia Imperial Carnaval de Venecia - A succes back in the 1930's - 1940's. It was an oriental eau with cinnamon and amber accords, thus resembling to JHL.

Ambré de Watteu - An amber-based eau, a much loved classic.

Marlowe's 1 - An improved version of Cool Water: the calone is still present in the top notes but not so prevalent as in Davidoff's. It has a strong orange / juniper mid and base notes. Sillage - wise and better longevity,

Marlowe's 2 - YSL's Jazz without the fecal accord in the top notes and strong powder like base notes: remarkable sillage and longevity.

Both Marlowe´s are bolder than the original versions, so I guess their nose worked in adapting the blends to local preferences.

Paulvic's Free Love - A sandalwood - based eau.

Paulvic H - An aromatic fougere with green - bergamot top notes and amber - patchouly basenotes. Another favourite.

Paulvic Gentleman - The top notes are similar to those of the vintage version of Givenchy Gentleman's, base notes revolve around a kind of patchouly very similar to Givenchy's.

Vieja Lavanda Fulton -Lavender / Sage / Rosemary / Sandalwood. If tweaked with Musk, the final blend morphs into a very powdery composition - in this term, reminiscing of Royal Copenhagen and Habit Rouge - with remarkable longevity.

Milonga de Profvmvm BUE - A poor - man Terre d'Hermes, literally. Someone mentioned that is a little more subdued due to cologne-like notes.

Equus Pampa - A long long time ago Puig's Quorum used to be like this: Quorum's new formulation makes one realize that Equus indolic notes is what it takes for a fragrance to be a powerhouse, with all the pros and cons around. Good sillage and longevity, but it feels horribly dirty to the point that if you apply it after taking a bath, you have the weird feeling that you should shower again. Welcome to the late seventies / early eighties...

Latitude - Anise / Cognac / Lavender / Spices / Geranium / Sandalwood / Vanilla / Patchouly. Looks like an aquatic but it is def a traditional oriental because of a very strong powdery opening. I imagine Saint Julien's nose (the manufacturer's of Equus as well of La Martina's scents) to be a respectable old man with a huge disregard for the styles in fashion nowadays.

Avon's Woody Musk - B*Men´s predecessor, seriosuly.

Avon's Legend Noire - same as above with more floral notes.

Devas Magnetique - an aromatic bomb made of natural ingredients, harsh, pungent and fleeting. That is what you get without synthetics, I guess.

Natural de Fulton - a very fleeting eau that is a classic among old ladies.

Agua de Colonia Lariviere Clásica - a not so fleeting eau with strong neroli accords on the vein of traditional English scents.

Ona Saez Fiel - Leather, amber and vanilla blended the old way even though the designer (Ona Saez) is one of the trendiest around: a company called Comimpar manfactures all their lines but it seems the nose has a preference for the classics. Except for Ona Saez' Peace, wich is obviously similar to JPG's Le Male, all the rest smell like modern interpretations of old time scents.

Will post pictures too.
    Last edited by Pollux; 6th November 2010 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Addition

Ulysses by Vicky Tiel?.....I don't love it, but it's certainly not a bad scent...I owuld bet only a handful (at most) have it in their rotation

Quote Originally Posted by AphexCGN View Post
    I had a bottle of this, but it was in the 90ties. I'd like to have it , where did you Bus it? Is it still available anywhere?
    I think I got mine from Scent Systems, Berlin. According to their website http://www.next-guru-now.de/ it's also available at Blush in Berlin and Beautyhabit.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Alhambra EDP - Paolo Gigli

Top: Aromatic-lemon
    Middle: Agarwood and Guaiacum sanctum
    Base: Ambergris, White moss
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

My collection is not that unique, but there may be a few rare things:

Isotta Fraschini Tipo 8 by Isotta Fraschini.
    Asprosa by Sigilli.
    L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Cristaux d'Agrumes by Guerlain.
    Empress of India by Essentially Me.
    Last edited by gmb; 22nd September 2010 at 11:03 AM. Reason: fix typo

Sven after shave by Yardley.

As worn in the 70's.
    Life's a bitch. If it were a slut it'd be easy.

Hermés George V

Banned

"Honeymoon" by Vanderbilt.
    If anyone has some of this and wants it gone, I am buying.

Quote Originally Posted by moon_fish View Post
    Les Parfums Picot - Le Train Bleu (perfume)
    I managed to find a mini of this for my mum a while back, as she used to wear it!

Quote Originally Posted by Madame du Barry View Post
    "Honeymoon" by Vanderbilt.
    If anyone has some of this and wants it gone, I am buying.
    You're going to hate me, but I know I have this, somewhere. I can see the little pink box in my head. Now, where it is, I don't know!

Hmm, how about a couple of Yves Rochers, anyone have these?

Vanille Pistache. It's not in the directory, and has pistachio oil in it. I wonder if you can get away with that nowadays without a disclaimer?
    Philtre Ensorcelant - Halloween. It has a happy pumpkin on it. I'm a sucker for Halloween Kitsch!
    Last edited by Petra Ichor; 22nd September 2010 at 04:29 PM.
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

Along with Marco da Venezia that I've mentioned previously, does anyone else on here own anything by Essenze di Mezzanotte or Antimateria?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Petra Ichor View Post
    I managed to find a mini of this for my mum a while back, as she used to wear it!

You're going to hate me, but I know I have this, somewhere. I can see the little pink box in my head. Now, where it is, I don't know!
    Oh no, I don't hate you! I will love you if you will sell it to me.

i wonder if anyone else possesses a bottle of fougere royale parfum by houbigant?

I now own Cuba City Hollywood. Couldn't beat the price for under 3 bucks, so I bought it blind. I'm probably the only one who has this.

When I first put this on, it reminded me a little of John Varvatos, but as it faded, it reminded me nothing of it. It actually reminds me a lot of Baldessarini Ambre. There are so many similarities. It's rich, thick very ambery and creamy. The differences are that Ambre smells a bit more natural and sophisticated, and this smells more refined, synthetic, still very creamy and ambery, but with no apple note like in Ambre. Instead of the apple note, there's a mix some vanilla and tobacco. This is 100% a fall/winter fragrance.

I intend on trying more of the Cuba frags in the future, but I may stop if they keep seeming to mimic other fragrances.

how many other people here own Duc De Vervins?

Davidoff Coolwater

A rare scent, having parallels to the more common and readily available Creed's Green Irish Tweed.

I want to know who else owns Mandarina Duck Pure Black.... and do you like it as much as I do?
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Half of my perfumes are not even listed in Basenotes database, so I believe I must have some perfumes nobody else has.
    Some examples:
    Chevrolet by Vapro International (made in Italy) Very, very good
    Superior Man by FTI (England) Not bad.
    Eau Florale de Lavande by Melvita (France) Pleasant
    French Leather by BMD Products (France) Sucks
    Covert by Romane Fragrances (Illinois) Excellent
    Indian Vetiver by Bath and Body Works, identical, if not better than Grey Vetiver by Tom Ford
    and one I do not even now who makes it: Perfum du Monde (mediocre at best)
    Last edited by PerfumeCollector; 6th November 2010 at 02:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by avfcdamian92 View Post
    black suede? i doubt anyone owns that but im not sure so if your one of the minority who owns this decent fragrance then stand up and be counted lol... who knows
    Are you kidding??????
    Black Suede is one of the Avon top sellers

Quote Originally Posted by ohhmygod View Post
    Dynamic Pulse - Adidas ) Its bad anyway...
    If it is by Adidas, we know it is bad, so no need to say that.

"Old Fish". I think it may have been a knock off of Old Spice. I'm embarassed to say I still have the bottle. I don't recall what it smelled like 25 years ago when the bottle was fresh but now it smells like low tide on a hot Summer day.

Dependent

My BO.

Anucci Man by Anucci?
    My Top Fragrances:
    Hermes: Terre d"Hermes
    Dior: Homme
    Yves Saint Laurent: La Nuit de L'homme
    Burberry: London
    Gucci: Pour Homme
    Rochas: Man
    Azzaro: Pour Homme

Wanted:
    L'Artisan: Fou d'Absinthe; Cristiano Fissore: Cashmere for Men; Parfums d'Nicolai: New York; Divine: L'homme Sage; Montale: Black Aoud; Tauer: L'air du desert Marocain.

Quote Originally Posted by iggy View Post
    Mukhalat Malaki (Swiss Arabian). I have concentrated perfume oil, not EdP
    Khateer (Swiss Arabian)
    Can you describe either of these in detail, especially Khateer ? Is the Tuberose note in Khateer similar to the medicinal opening of Windsor I or Tubereuse Criminelle ? And what type of Spice occurs in Khateer ? is it a cinaamic/clove sweet spice ? Or a peppery/cumin type spiciness ?

Does anyon here have La Mome by Balmain?
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

In the mood cologne by watkins, lol