Code of Conduct

Default Adding some citrus to my wardrobe

As I currently have only one citrus based fragrance in my collection, Absolue pour le Matin by MFK, I have been looking for some good ones to add. After sampling quite a few I narrowed it down to the following 3:

Xerjoff - Nio
    Xerjoff - 1861
    Frapin - L'Humaniste

Now I'm actually considering purchasing all 3 of them, but am wondering whether that will be a little redundant. Do you think these 4, including Absolue pour Le Matin, are different enough from each other to purchase them all?

How much a dollar cost

Default Re: Adding some citrus to my wardrobe

Nio and L'Humaniste are amazing, and not redundant at all.

Before you jump on Nio, I'd consider trying Bergamote 22. It's also a very nice citrus. I personally prefer Bergamote 22, but I love Nio.

I like 1861 too, but it's not in the same ballpark as the above 3 are for me. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the above 3 honestly.
    UPDATE 4/28 - GREEN IRISH TWEED (14K01) & SELECTION VERTE SPLITS AVAILABLE http://www.basenotes.net/threads/400...r-construction
    Sale thread AVENTUS 15N01! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/398...ll-others-sold!

Quote Originally Posted by Daze View Post
    Do you think these 4, including Absolue pour Le Matin, are different enough from each other to purchase them all?
    IMO yes.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

As I currently have only one citrus based fragrance in my collection, Absolue pour le Matin by MFK, I have been looking for some good ones to add. After sampling quite a few I narrowed it down to the following 3:

Xerjoff - Nio
    Xerjoff - 1861
    Frapin - L'Humaniste

Now I'm actually considering purchasing all 3 of them, but am wondering whether that will be a little redundant. Do you think these 4, including Absolue pour Le Matin, are different enough from each other to purchase them all?

I haven't smelled Absolue to be able to comment but the other 3 are different enough where it wouldn't be redundant owning all 3. L'Humaniste while it smells excellent is just too fleeting to have as your main citrus. I am not a fan of 1861 but it has its fans and is an excellent performer. Im sure you have read enough about Nio.

I will echo sdotlow's comment that you should definitely check out le labo's bergamot 22 and add it to the list for consideration. It is an excellent long lasting fresh citrus and is the best from the house in my opinion.

Would choose at least 1861 and Nio, without any concerns about redundancy.

Frag Bomb Squadron XIII

You're asking the wrong people, lol. Buy them all, that's what BNers do! I know I would, but wardrobe size dictates decants will always be the smarter option. I too would rank Nio and L'Humaniste over 1861. But if you're after projection, 1861 is a beast.

Thanks guys for helping me convince myself to get all 3 of them! Just ordered both Xerjoff Nio and 1861 and Frapin L'Humaniste will follow verrrry soon...

Thanks guys for helping me convince myself to get all 3 of them! Just ordered both Xerjoff Nio and 1861 and Frapin L'Humaniste will follow verrrry soon...
    Excellent choices! 1861 is my favorite from the house, but Nio follows in close second. They are certainly different enough from owning and I will probably be picking up Nio sometime soon.

L'Humaniste is also great, but a totally different style. It's a minimalist gin/citrus scent that smells intentionally subtle. Great stuff! Absolue Pour Le Matin is the one I am least familiar with, but from sampling it is completely different from the above and very pleasant.

Bergamot -the different company

Just bergamot.
    for swap/sale:

Lhumaniste is tops in this genre, some have longevity issues as I dont :as for Nio is a gorgeous citrusy scent but might be to profoundly citrusy for some , so I would recommend Lhumaniste over it by a mile. Now 1861 is nice also and in fact all three have their charm but once again Lhumaniste is tops in this genre.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

My vote is 1861. It is special sauce, but a richer, creamier scent than most citrus-dominants. If Nio is on your list then Kobe should be sampled as well - I have both Nio and Kobe and while different they are alternates in my lineup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoy!

MadHat Scents

MadHat Peel - (Citrus, Fruit, Bergamot, Vetiver, Woods) Limited Edition Summer Fragrance ONLY 25 Bottles Available *12 of 25 Remaining Currently

Skiff (Floral Mukhallat, Tropical Fruit, Ambergris, Pacific Red Cedar) / Embers (Un-burned Incense, Campfires, Leather and Resins) / Khus (Ruh Khus, Sandalwood, Rose, Geranium)

In my wardrobe, I think I have citrus frags mastered.

Loud/Show Citrus = Coney Island
    Elegant Citrus = PWC
    Floral Citrus = Eau De New York
    Beachy Citrus = VIW
    Versatile Citrus = New York Patchouli