Code of Conduct
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Default Re: Name a fragrance you own, but no other Basenoter does...

Cool thread!

Eroica by Kanebo (well, I know Moon_fish owns it too),
    Dunhill Blend 30 (must be some more BNers to own it, I guess, but not mentioned above),
    Bugatti (Version #2) by Ettore Bugatti (there's not a single review of it in the Directory) - Acqua di Gio clone,
    and Pino Silvestre (not mentioned above)

Regards, Odor.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Name a fragrance you own but no other Basenoter does...

i have a bottle of drake and exceed. drake smells like derrick black but i never tried the exceed

Oh yes, but a few of us know about this gem! I have a very small split but want a full bottle of this.
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Quote Originally Posted by andylama View Post
    Game over.
    "Christian Dior / You wasted your life
    On aroma and clothes / Fabric and dyes." Christian Dior - Morrissey

Heh, yeah, it was a total find. I was in an antique shop in some little town in Oregon, and I saw it in a display case and my heart skipped a beat or three. "Still sealed?! I'll take it!"

Anyone care to guess the vintage? I can only guess: late 50s to early 60s.

The Limited Edition Oud Star, Alexandria... 1 of only 99 bottles...

I just bought a 1995 Millesime Imperial on Ebay. If it's real (and that's the key), I'd bet not too many other bn'ers have a 17 year old MI! Can't wait to test it against the 2011.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Hi. That's the Creed that I passed on! I had the auction page up with no bids, but I let that gold bottle go and then saw that the auction ended! I made a choice that I will have to live with in favor of buying a Bond No. 9 that I had been wanting. Let me know how it turns out- coulda been me!! LOL!

Rasasi Rania 20ml Concentrated Perfume Oil

I am sure others have these but there are not a ton of them around:

Cuiron Pour Homme by Helmut Lang (2002)

The Body Shop Amber Oud Perfume Oil

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and I am sure someone has these too, but I have not seen them listed on Basenotes or Fragrantica. Picked them in Buenos Aires but I know they have a boutique in SoHo of NYC now.

ETIQUETA NEGRA PERFUME HOMBRE
    Etiqueta Negra for men is a delicious fragrance with a touch of citric, wild flowers notes and a slightly scent of wood in the end. These so special notes fuse together to make a delicate but unmistakably masculine fragrance. Made in USA French Fragrance

ETIQUETA NEGRA PERFUME MUJER
    Etiqueta Negra for women is a exquisite fragrance evoking a bunch of flowers, an explosion of gardenia petals and roses, enveloped in a relaxing green tea aroma with citric notes as a contrast. Made in USA French Fragrance

- - - Updated - - -

One more...

Last edited by El_Guapo; 26th June 2012 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Str8_SHAVER View Post
    The Limited Edition Oud Star, Alexandria... 1 of only 99 bottles...

Ooh nice ! ~ You spendy bu88er ! ) .... [ I'm pretty sure u've just made me turn a slight shade of fluoro green. (LOL) ]

Please can you tell us what's supposed to Alexandria's list of notes ?? ... (Nice name too methinks.)

Cheers, thanx !

"The earth laughs in flowers" - (E.E.Cummings)

------------------------------------------

Well, I have to do this - as of June 26th (Official Launch in Hong Kong, and also Christopher Chongs Birthday, as it happened) and for the next few days only - Interlude Man (Amouage)

I have the only bottle of "Attack of the Patchouli Monster" made by...me. With notes of:
    Bergamot, Lemon, Grapefruit, Mandarine, Orange, Black Pepper, Clary Sage, Juniper, Cypress, Abies Sibirica, Rosewood, Cardamon,Jasmine, Vanilla, Vetiver, Patchouli, Virginian Cedar, Musk, Frankincense and Benzoin. It is pretty strong.

That is probably cheating LOL.

I also have a bottle of Matchabelli by Prince Matchbelli.

Cerisier en fleurs by Fragonard

Bought in 2006, liked it a lot at first...
    Last edited by socalwoman; 29th June 2012 at 01:53 PM. Reason: removed swap talk

Coconut Vanilla by Island Bath and Body

A nice coconut fragrance I bought when I was in Hawaii.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Guapo View Post
    I am sure others have these but there are not a ton of them around:

Cuiron Pour Homme by Helmut Lang (2002)
    I blind bought a couple of bottles of Cuiron when it was first discontinued and cheaply available. If I'd known how much I would end up liking it, I would have bought more.
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

Ooh, I forgot about this one...another antique shop find:

Caron - Fleurs de Rocaille extrait gift set (vintage unknown)

The bottle is 100% full, but the purse flask is evaporated...still has viscous oil residue and smells good (if you think Fleurs de Rocaille smells good, that is)
    The nifty little brass funnel is surprisingly well-made.

The perfume is a classic French style (read: loud, dense, and boring) floral.
    I just can't pass up this sort of thing when I come across it in an antique shop. Usually, all I find is vintage cheapie crap, like Avon and 'post-Coty' Coty.

First fragrance I ever wore, back in the early Seventies.

Picked up a bottle off Ebay a couple of years ago, just for old times sake. Not bad at all.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Life's a bitch. If it were a slut it'd be easy.

Arabian Oud - Arabian Nights Black

Top Note: Green apple and bergamot
    Middle Note: Jasmine
    Base Note: Vanilla, amber, cinnamon, musk, clover and patchouli

Quote Originally Posted by karazzmatic View Post
    Hi. That's the Creed that I passed on! I had the auction page up with no bids, but I let that gold bottle go and then saw that the auction ended! I made a choice that I will have to live with in favor of buying a Bond No. 9 that I had been wanting. Let me know how it turns out- coulda been me!! LOL!
    Just got the 1995 MI on Friday. I got lucky! It's undoubtedly authentic, and aged well. My nose is no expert, but to me it smells like a slightly stronger version of my 2011 MI, with a bit more melon and a lot less salt. In short, it's what MI SHOULD smell like. I'm going to treat it like gold.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Quote Originally Posted by SmellsLike View Post
    I blind bought a couple of bottles of Cuiron when it was first discontinued and cheaply available. If I'd known how much I would end up liking it, I would have bought more.
    Yeah, I bought a 50ml bottle at Barney's ages ago when I was in medical school... the 100ml was just to much to spend back then. Now, I wish I had bought the larger bottle. I just have a few mls left of my first and only bottle. It's great stuff. Wish I had something that was a reasonable replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Sybarite View Post
    Ooh nice ! ~ You spendy bu88er ! ) .... [ I'm pretty sure u've just made me turn a slight shade of fluoro green. (LOL) ]

Please can you tell us what's supposed to Alexandria's list of notes ?? ... (Nice name too methinks.)

Cheers, thanx !

Top Notes
    Soft fruity notes , Cinnamon, Rosewood & Lavander

Middle Notes
    Cedarwood, Lilly of the Valley & Bulgarian Rose

Base Notes
    Amber, Sandalwood, Musk, Vanilla & Oud (natural infected LAOS OUD aged 15 years ).... stunning, and straight into my top 3!!

Blog Entries

I have a full and sealed 2 oz Nettie Rosenstein Tianne, thats on the verge of getting ripped open. I haven't seen that one on here yet

Quote Originally Posted by The-odor View Post
    Cool thread!

Eroica by Kanebo (well, I know Moon_fish owns it too),
    Dunhill Blend 30 (must be some more BNers to own it, I guess, but not mentioned above),
    Bugatti (Version #2) by Ettore Bugatti (there's not a single review of it in the Directory) - Acqua di Gio clone,
    and Pino Silvestre (not mentioned above)

Regards, Odor.
    Nice list. Own First two scents in your list.
    Does anybody here has Mutthela Pour Homme by Allagocha?

It's a year and a half old thread I know, but thought it might be nice and interesting to know and hear about once again "post Huddler" what other "prized scents" other Basenoters have that they think others might not.

A few recent ones I have acquired that I have a hunch others might not yet have:

by Herve Gambs:

Coeur Couronne
    Coup de Grace
    Hotel Particulier
    Jardin Prive
    Rouge Cardinal

by Chabaud:

Cedre Du Liban
    Mysterious Oud

by Jardins De France:

Urban Tweed

Please list your rare ones.
    Last edited by hednic; 25th April 2014 at 02:28 AM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Well it's unlikely that many others own fragonard grand luxe. Very interesting fragrance, mandarin and lavender opening, fresh and lively fragrance that eases into a floral and citrus. There is also a sweet note in it that I can only describe as reminding me of fruit loops, odd I know. With such a description I know it sounds strange but it comes off in a very timeless manner, certainly could be a unique signature scent. Not a heavy scent and actually could be unisex, good longevity and ok projection

Quote Originally Posted by h20123 View Post
    Well it's unlikely that many others own fragonard grand luxe. Very interesting fragrance, mandarin and lavender opening, fresh and lively fragrance that eases into a floral and citrus. There is also a sweet note in it that I can only describe as reminding me of fruit loops, odd I know. With such a description I know it sounds strange but it comes off in a very timeless manner, certainly could be a unique signature scent. Not a heavy scent and actually could be unisex, good longevity and ok projection
    Have Grand Luxe and agree with your assessment.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    Rasasi Rania 20ml Concentrated Perfume Oil

What does it smell like?

l'ombre des clochers by Claude Andr Hbert, was inspired by the renowned atmosphere surrounding the Notre-Dame Basilica in the Old Port of Montral.

Notre-Dame Basilica, Montral

Mandarin, Cardamon, Sage, Aldehydes
    Ylang-Ylang, Lily Of The Valley, Palmarosa
    Frankincense, Myrrh, Amber, Cumin

It has a hesperidic spiciness reminiscent of Eau D'Herms, with a slight oriental wink to Opium by YSL. Wonderful scent, that was a love at first whiff, among dozens from Hbert's line of fragrances.

I can't recommend Hbert enough, to those who seek out unique niche offerings.

Claude Andr Hbert (right) with artist Zilon (left)

His background as a young trailblazer at Thierry Mugler, allowed him to branch off in his own niche line, which offer avant-garde compositions & sourced materials, but remains true to classic form and elegance. His respect for the past, was evident at a personal meeting, where he confided passionately his childhood memories of Caron Pour Un Homme.

Although his website is limited, send me a PM, if you are interested in finding out more about him & the different scents he has to offer.

Donna Karan Fuel. I can't say that no other basenoter owns it, but I never see it mentioned in the forum, and that's a shame. It's excellent.

Choco Musk by Al Rehab isn't even in the directory.

Metro Black. AHAHAAHAHAAAA!!! ...ahem. It's terrible and I hope nobody else owns it. But it was only $5. Still, I'd have been better off buying a burger and fries. [note to L'HBI: WTF were you thinking?!?!? Yeah yeah, I know.]
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Lyn Harris of Miller Harris fame , "Le Cologne" , close Acqua di Parma rip off but a third of the price , very well done , won't say where it is available though....

I have a fragrance by a CVS brand called Essence of Beauty. The scent is called White Lavender, and I believe it's marketed towards women. Firstly, it is, without doubt a unisex fragrance. To me, it basically smells like a mix of citrus notes, mostly bergamot, lavender, white musk, and green notes. I think it's amazing, and I have worn it out a couple times. It smells beautiful on fresh sheets, sometimes I spray my bed with it, because it's so mellow and comforting, has this fresh linen quality to it. I don't know of anybody else but me who has this.

I also have an extremely rare flanker to Candies for men, it was called Candies Cream for men, I have not seen it anywhere on the internet, in stores or anything. Bought this at Kmart many years ago, I have about 10 ml of it left from the 30 ml/1 oz bottle it came in. It looked like the original Candies for Men bottle, except instead of green fading to blue, this one was like yellowish orange fading to red. It smells quite nice, but I don't have the bottle, and I've been looking for an image of it everywhere, for the longest time. It may be the rarest designer fragrance in the American market that I have ever found, because not only is it not anywhere on BN or Fragrantica; I had a site with a directory with every perfume ever made supposedly, literally hundreds of thousands in here, and it wasn't even in there..can't remember the site, but would love to know it again. Candies Cream may have even been exclusive to just Kmart. If anybody has seen this or can link me to a picture of it or some info, that would be awesome.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

One that's in the process of being made...MadHat SantL: Mysore Sandalwood, Rose, Cedar, Cinnamon, Lime, Oud, Guiuacwood

Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project.

*** NEW Lavhim (Lavender, Incense, Candle Wax, Clove, Fir Needles, Cognac & Green Leaves)*** / Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.)

Guet-Apens by Guerlain

JACQUELINE PERFUME BY JEAN-JACQUES DIENER
    I smell marshmallows!

This, probably. Not in the directory, never mentioned in the discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Donna Karan Fuel. I can't say that no other basenoter owns it, but I never see it mentioned in the forum, and that's a shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by oakman View Post
    Lyn Harris of Miller Harris fame , "Le Cologne" , close Acqua di Parma rip off but a third of the price , very well done , won't say where it is available though....
    Sorry folks, I have those two (well, I've a 15ml mini of the latter).

Spieck EdT (not the aftershave).

Atelier Flou Eau d'Aviateur.

Phaedon Black Vetiver.

Cella Colonia Classica.

Norfolk Lavender Cologne.

Anyone else got them?

Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    Sorry folks, I have those two (well, I've a 15ml mini of the latter).

Spieck EdT (not the aftershave).

Anyone else got them?
    Yes, I got Speick Men EdT.

I also got:

Iroaz by Lostmarc'h
    Clair Matin by Les Parfums de Rosine
    Les Eaux de Caron Forte + Frache
    Allure Eau Frachissante pour l'Et by Chanel
    Esperys by Coudray
    Golden Drop by Reichenbach

Anyone else got these?
    Last edited by Puma; 26th April 2014 at 08:43 AM.

Axe Harmony

Beat that!
    Gym scent of week: A*Men Pure Havane

My gym hates me

Micallef Salman's Choice Men No 3, best amber based fragrance I have ever smelled.

[url=http://www.0zz0.com]
    For Sale:Gucci Pour Homme II , Amouage Attar,Lubin Idole http://www.basenotes.net/threads/313...dwide-Shipping

Cipresso di toscana?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    My niche and designer decant thread (Atelier, Frapin, Creed, Christian Lacroix, Ferre etc): http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....9f250dfc84af37

Ton Venin pour Femme from an obscure Italian house which made (and I believe, still makes) spin-offs and replicas of designer scents. My girlfriend's precious dowry when we moved in our flat.

My current top five:

Yohji Yamamoto - Yohji Homme (vtg)
    Boucheron - Jaipur Homme
    Knize - Knize Ten Golden Edition
    Gucci - Gucci pour Homme I (vtg)
    YSL - M7 (vtg)

My fragrance reviews | http://yeoldecivetcat.blogspot.it/

just came here to say "no"

Can't know for sure... Yves Rocher TRIMARAN from the 80's
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Donna Karan Fuel. I can't say that no other basenoter owns it, but I never see it mentioned in the forum, and that's a shame. It's excellent.
    I also have this one - love it and wear it often. I usually call it DK Men when I list it as SOTD

Quote Originally Posted by df91 View Post
    Can't know for sure... Yves Rocher TRIMARAN from the 80's
    Happen to have this one which is quite nice by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Happen to have this one which is quite nice by the way.
    Isn't it, great one, a very nice sandalwood base.
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

The only one in my collection that I can think of would be Aramis Gold. Does anyone else have this one?

Basenotes Plus

A funky little three ml home made vile of Cambodian Oud oil form a small Lebonese shop in Bangkok. God knows what it is, but probably very idiosyncratic, as they had 100 such ouds...

Quote Originally Posted by scentemental View Post

I'd be interested to know if anyone has any of these:

Anat Fritz EDP

Lancetti Il (1990)
    Lancetti Pour Homme (1999)
    YSL Kouros Eau de Sport (1986)

scentemental

EDIT: Nino Cerruti Fair Play (1985) removed from list
    Herms Parfum des Merveilles (2005) removed from list
    Kenzo Time for Peace Pour Lui (1999) removed from list
    Jean Patou Lacoste Eau de Toilette (1967) removed from the list
    Ted Lapidus Pour Homme (1978) removed from list
    Kanebo Goce EDC (1991)
    Les Copains Homme (1990)
    Les Copains Pour Homme (2005)
    I have a bottle of YSL Kouros Eau de Sport (1986).
    My current top 10 (subject to change) in no particular order:

Rive Gauche Pour Homme, Serge Lutens Cuir Mauresque, Armani Prive' Nuances,
    Armani Prive' Bois d'Encens, Ermenegildo Zegna Indonesian Oud, Essenza de Zegna, Amouage Beloved Man, Fahrenheit Le Parfum, Dior La Collection Couturier Vetiver, and Rasikh Syed Junaid Alam.

Anyone, besides me, owns New York Patchouli?

Quote Originally Posted by oakman View Post
    Marks and Spencer I've not got that one but I've got some of the others in the same series.
    'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'

Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post

I also got:

Iroaz by Lostmarc'h
    Clair Matin by Les Parfums de Rosine
    Les Eaux de Caron Forte + Frache
    Allure Eau Frachissante pour l'Et by Chanel
    Esperys by Coudray
    Golden Drop by Reichenbach

Anyone else got these?
    I happen to have Iroaz and Esperys

In a very sweet little box that arrived this morning I've got 9 very vintage Molinard parfums. Amongst the Habanita, the Cloches de Noel and the Madrigal there's a bottle to which I can only find one reference, and that's on a French website that just lists the names of all of the fragrances that were produced. It's just labelled '55'.

Anybody else got that one? If you have, what can you tell me about it, other than it's a Molinard scent produced in 1951?
    'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'

1 million

You found me out ,but is surprisingly good and on sale at half price at the moment !

Quote Originally Posted by sfmedusa View Post
    Marks and Spencer I've not got that one but I've got some of the others in the same series.
    You found me out ,but is surprisingly good and on sale at half price at the moment !

Spongebob

lagos-essential-edt.jpg

"Lagos" essential EDT

Quote Originally Posted by Odeon View Post
    lagos-essential-edt.jpg

"Lagos" essential EDT
    LOL how is it?
    My current top five:

Yohji Yamamoto - Yohji Homme (vtg)
    Boucheron - Jaipur Homme
    Knize - Knize Ten Golden Edition
    Gucci - Gucci pour Homme I (vtg)
    YSL - M7 (vtg)

My fragrance reviews | http://yeoldecivetcat.blogspot.it/

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I happen to have Iroaz and Esperys
    I e x p e c t e d that you own the one or other - after all, Esperys was your recommendation (love it)!