Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Where's the datura?

Either something is wrong with my sense of smell, or my nose is not yet sophisticated enough to isolate blends of scent - but have been wearing my new sample of SL Datura Noir since early this morning and have not caught a whiff of anything resembling datura. Not that I dislike how this smells, on me, it is rather nice, and soft with vanilla and I think almond and something vaguely floral - but since I was expecting datura I am disappointed. I grow them, and there is nothing quite so heavenly as walking into an evening summer garden scented by daturas when they open. This did not evoke datura at all, nor is it as complex as the reviews have made it - at least on me. I gave up trying to make it produce - after puffing on my wrists all day, decided to change horses and apply something else when I got home from work. Am now blissfully inhaling Habanita.

Perhaps I need to try it again? Has anyone else had this experience?
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

Default Re: Where's the datura?

Just got a sample and it's buried, so I can't say if it's you or the juice, but I can tell you that MP&G's Secrete Datura does give me the full narcotic white flower effect that you were expecting.

I get mostly coconut from Datura Noir.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kyra View Post
    Just got a sample and it's buried, so I can't say if it's you or the juice, but I can tell you that MP&G's Secrete Datura does give me the full narcotic white flower effect that you were expecting.
    Thank you Kyra - I have a decant of it right here and am testing it today
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya