Code of Conduct

Default Clive Christian X for women - YOP

What do you all think of X for women, by Clive Christian? I've had a small sample of the parfum for a few years, and, while it's quite potent, I think it is also feminine and exotic. Problem is, a little dab goes a long way. In my hands, more than a dab and it quickly becomes asphyxiating.

Who likes this one and why?

Who doesn't like this one and why?

Thank you!

Default Re: Clive Christian X for women - YOP

Hey Seattlelight! I think I may be one of the only ones around here crazy enough to purchase a full bottle, but I love this stuff. You are so right about it lasting. It's funny because I went to visit a friend and I was wearing 'X' that day. It was on a Sunday. I called her the following weekend and she said she can still smell the perfume on the couch where I was sitting. She laughed and asked me if I had on the industrial strength version lol.

I really love the way it smells on me. It has a sweetness that I love in most frags. I usually mix in a little vanilla oil if I want it a little sweeter and I'll add a little patchouli oil if I want some sweetness with a bit of spice. I don't wear it that often. When I do wear it, I don't spray like I'm crazy with this one lol. You don't really need that many sprays with this one. It lasts on me till I wash it off. Whatever I was wearing when I wore 'X' still smelled like that days afterwards piled up with other clothes.

It was so funny when I went to test the Clive Christian frags I really wanted to smell what a perfume that costs 2G's smells like. I was hoping that I wouldn't like it, cause I would have been so upset cause ain't no way I'm spending 2G's on a bottle of perfume. Anyway, I didn't know there were others. I tried the other 2 and just fell in love with the 'X'. I walked around the mall and it smelled better and better. I could still smell the frag on my sleeve when I went to wash the shirt I was wearing and this was days later.

I love myself I really do. I give myself a hug and say "Love Me!" Every year for Xmas and my bday I get one outrageously priced thing. This was my Xmas present to myself last year.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

How much does X cost?

Haven´t had a pleasure to test it yet.... very costly

Quote Originally Posted by Indiscreet View Post
    How much does X cost?
    From the Aus Liebe zum Duft site:

Sample: €14,00
    Parfum Spray 50 ml: €295,00
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Quote Originally Posted by Indiscreet View Post
    How much does X cost?
    Indiscreet it's $355 here in the US. That's alot for me considering I usually spend like $50 to $90 a bottle from the department store. I have started buying some for cheap on line recently though.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

That's a lot...though the most I've spent recently was £165 to replace my Mitsouko parfum. And that was much more than I wanted to spend. Sigh.

I love myself I really do. I give myself a hug and say "Love Me!" Every year for Xmas and my bday I get one outrageously priced thing. This was my Xmas present to myself last year.

Diva, I like how you think....it is an extravagance, for sure.

I have tried the CC no. 1 and the 1872, I think it's called. All of the scents are dense and complex and distinct. I prefer the X and the 1872 (green floral). I purchased the little travel kit with 10 ml of each of the parfums and gave the other 2 (no. 1 and 1872) away to my family members, but kept the X for further experimentation.

X is more opulent that most frags I wear, so it is overwhelming me a bit at the moment. I may try some applications only behind the knees, not up high, and see how that goes.