Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution

Default Montale Chocolate Greedy = kitchen nightmare

I tried the Montale Chocolate Greedy today from a sample. Let me describe a scene for you, that best describes this scent. Imagine... [[insert the sound of a harp here]]:

You are at home baking a chocolate cake from scratch. You've melted some dark chocolate in your double boiler pot (none of that cocoa powder for you - you want the real stuff!). The scent of melted chocolate has filled the kitchen. Eggs, vanilla extract, flour all get mixed in and you're mixing it by hand. The well blended smell of chocolate cake batter, still warm from the melted chocolate that just came off the stove, fills your nose.

Someone enters the kitchen with an opened bottle of Black Aoud by Montale in their hands. You have your back to them, so you don't notice they are approaching you from behind. As you turn quickly, the bowl of cake batter in your hands knocks the bottle of Black Aoud into the cake batter. Splat! The dark rose and aoud scented liquid pools up on top of the creamy cake batter.

This is the smell of Chocolate Greedy folks. Simultaneously foody, aoud-y and...kinda gross. Ack!

I'll pass.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 14th November 2007 at 10:28 PM.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Default Re: Montale Chocolate Greedy = kitchen nightmare

I'm sorry to hear you didn't like this one. I am very anxious to actually be able to smell it, it's my number one item on my wishlist. Too bad.

Each person has likes and dislikes, Mike gave his opinion of it. I have a different opinion, I don't get the Oudy part in CG at all, neither do I get the rose out of it.

Again this is my opinion, I think this is one of the best chocolate scents out there. I get compliments on it all the time .

Now, there is a certain Basenoter who I shall not name , who gave me an idea to try. He had layered Choc. Greedy with Black Aoud and said that the combination drove his SO wild with desire . Guess what, I tried his suggestion, and it did work.
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by maisonstinky View Post
    Each person has likes and dislikes, Mike gave his opinion of it. I have a different opinion, I don't get the Oudy part in CG at all, neither do I get the rose out of it.

Again this is my opinion, I think this is one of the best chocolate scents out there. I get compliments on it all the time .

Now, there is a certain Basenoter who I shall not name , who gave me an idea to try. He had layered Choc. Greedy with Black Aoud and said that the combination drove his SO wild with desire . Guess what, I tried his suggestion, and it did work.

Vijay, glad to hear there is still hope for this one! Oh, and I haven't forgotten who I am going to buy it from, I'm just waiting for the right time!

Quote Originally Posted by rjrober22 View Post
    AWESOME!
    . .
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

i'm going to include this is my next lot of samples with my black aoud purchase from luckyscent.
    current favourites: guerlain vetiver, trumper eucris, adp colonia
    latest swag: cdg man2, lolita lempicka au masculin
    next buys: keiko mecheri oliban, michael by michael kors

Just thought I would post my thoughts here on this one. I get a very, very good smelling chocolate from this, and indeed this is a very edible scent (though the juice probably isn't good for you to ingest!), and in the end I have ordered a 100ml bottle. The thing is, I may not really hold on to this one too long. Despite most gourmands lasting for hours on me, this one seems gone after 2-3, though that may be due to lack of sprayer on both of my samples. Once the bottle gets to me I may have a hard time holding onto it, as I have something special that should make this worth a lot more than I paid for. We'll see!