Code of Conduct

Smile hellp me choose a fragrance!!

I'm not a complete newbie of colognes, but i still have a hard time choosing fragrances, im looking for something i could wear everyday, with a nice dry down and long lasting, because im in high school and i need it to last everyday, i know im pretty young but i past the point where like the fresh scents dont really trigger my senses. I like the spicy or woody types better.

These are the ones i've had/used
    Polo Double black
    jean paul gaultier
    armani aqua di gio
    versace man
    viktor & rolf
    lacoste elegance
    marc jacobs men
    paco rabbane black xs
    bvlgari avqa

Ones im currently using:
    hanae mori HM
    bvlgari pour homme

My intrests:
    kiton men
    burberry london ( i like this one but many of the sales clerks mainly woman said they didnt like this one very much :S )
    dsquared hewood
    john varvatos (my friends dad has this, wondering if it would be ok for someone my age, i really like this scent though...and is the longetivity good?)
    chanel allure.

Please help me, give me some suggestions of these scents or others. thankss

Default Re: hellp me choose a fragrance!!

I say screw the SA, buy London. Best bet out of those you've listed that I've actually smelled.

Hmm, You don't think the london would be a bit strong for a teenager, i really like the scent but idont want people think im some persian or something smelling i bathe in this stuff :S...i heard good stuff about kiton have u tried?

Quote Originally Posted by Smellin'good42 View Post
    but idont want people think im some persian or something smelling i bathe in this stuff :S
    Errr, Smellin'good42, welcome to Basenotes, but please, I'm sure there's nothing wrong with Persian people or even smelling like one, as if, somehow London or any scent could do it. No one likes those comments and assumptions about people. Please avoid such comments.

Thanks,
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Ahh sorry about that. I need help finding a fragrance tho, do women like london?

Basenotes Institution

Ahh sorry about that. I need help finding a fragrance tho, do women like london?
    Try not to think about your fragrance search as 'something that women like' and focus more on WHAT YOU LIKE.

I'm sure there are women who hate the smell of London (the SA's you mentioned, for instance) and those that love it too. The same thing could be said for ALL of the scents on your list.

I think that we here at Basenotes can help you find a fragrance that is a good quality fragrance for a good price - whether women, men, transexuals or animals find it attractive on you is ultimately up to many different factors. That's the way the cookie crumbles buddy.

Good luck with your search!
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

How dare you. Persian people smell magnificent, despite what you might have heard from Leonidas.

Hmm, You don't think the london would be a bit strong for a teenager, i really like the scent but idont want people think im some persian or something smelling i bathe in this stuff :S...i heard good stuff about kiton have u tried?

Chanel Allure is so wonderful, I never get sick of it. Its simply beautiful.
    Oh please, if everyone around here is going to start telling the truth, I'm going to bed. - The House of Yes

"'im looking for something i could wear everyday, with a nice dry down and long lasting''

212 men .

Smile Re: hellp me choose a fragrance!!

Quote Originally Posted by LeMâle View Post
    I say screw the SA, buy London. Best bet out of those you've listed that I've actually smelled.

I agree. You should wear what you like. The new burberry london is a great winter scent and quite manstyle in my opinion. It has great depth and is well rounded.

Rick
    Last edited by DOCPSYCHO; 16th November 2007 at 08:11 PM. Reason: goofed
    For sale post

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=190169

" I wanna have my kicks before the whole s--t house goes up in flames"

Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

All the scents you listed are great scents. I have them all in my collection except for desquared.
    I join those who say that you should get what you like best regardless of what SA or other people like or dislike. Yet, London and Allure are the two I like a little more than the others.

okok, thanks for the help guys!
    and i wasnt insulting persians meng, just saying that they tend to put on alot of cologne, that doesnt mean they smell like sh*t jeez, just tryna make a point