Code of Conduct

Default I've Found My Dream Chypre: K de Krizia

I've been sniffing around for a fem/masc Chypre cross-over. I've tried Bandit, which I found too harsh. Cabochard reminded me of Aramis a bit too much. Miss Dior almost made it, but I couldn't stop thinking that it isn't what it once was. Chanel 19 came so close, but I'm not convinced. I haven't tried Cristalle EdT, yet, but it sounds intriguing.
    A sample of K de Krizia came with a shipment from Beautiful Perfumes, and I have to say it was a lucky surprise.
    My question: is it the original formula or was it a victim of the Oak Moss ban?
    Thanks for any information.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 16th November 2007 at 02:09 PM.

Default Re: I've Found My Dream Chypre: K de Krizia

I have a bottle as well...its very nice, but too much of a sparkly floral for me. As far as I know, its still the original formula (god knows its still in the original hideous bottle!)

In case you didn't know, it was created by the great Maurice Roucel.

Basenotes Institution

My mom was gifted this when I lived at home - I distinctly remember the bottle sitting on her dresser, yet she never wore it...I think at that time of her life she'd developed allergies to some scents.

If I remember back to what this smelled like - I think it has quite a lot of moss in it, no? Perhaps this is what tips it over into being wearable for you. When I smell a prominent moss scent (men, women, unisex) I always think of a fougere scent, which I always associate with very 'masculine' scents.

I'd love to smell this again...

Did you test the EdT or the EdP ?
    Selling used bottles of vintage Heritage Eau de Parfum (Guerlain), Anima Dulcis (Arquiste), Noel au Balcon (ELDO), Santal de Mysore (Serge Lutens), Aedes de Vensutas (L'Artisan) and more, click HERE

I remember this one from years ago, and I remember liking it very much. I'll have to seek it out again. Thanks for the reminder!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I'd love to smell this again...Did you test the EdT or the EdP ?
    It was the EdT. It is very mossy. Moss, like leather, is a difficult note for me, it has to be perfect. I'm still searching for a leather that I can wear - but, I am trying to round out my wardrobe to include all the great themes. I seem to have an easier time with Orientals and Fougeres than I do with Chypres. I like Tiffany for Men, but it's just a slightly bit "Old School" for me.
    K de Krizia is a floral heart chypre, I believe, with a lot of moss and wood in the dry-down. I've yet to try the EdP. I wonder if anyone out there has?