Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Gris Clair - wtf?!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightninrod View Post
    Er, simply one of the best frags ever created.......

I've got 2 spritzes on the top and the bottom of my wrists as I key this. I smell nothing "burnt" I love it!

Dan
    I agree. I love this scent.

Regards,
    Steve

I get smoldering lavender with Gris Clair. Just a tiny bit of smokiness but so sweet, I absolutely love it.
    - Expect the unexpected

I didn't care for it at all either, I found it quite disgusting actually.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Quote Originally Posted by fsface View Post
    Let me tell you about Gris Clair.

I sort all my fragrances by PURPOSE. I don't care what the top notes are from the ass notes or whatever.

I care about where and with who etc. I would utilize a fragrance. And Gris Clair is ABSOLUTELY AWESOME to wear to a nightclub, the more crowded and dance-type the better, think New York or L.A. style clubs. Gris Clair is awesome in this environment. Turns womens heads, and it cuts through the 8 million other crap generic fragrances worn by every other guy.

If you have a sample of this and didn't like it, put on some headphones with some latest club type hits, close your eyes, and imagine yourself wearing it in the club. Or if you don't go to dance clubs, well, here's a great excuse to start going!!

(Un Bois Vanille is a close second in this category. In fact interestingly - I've worn them both at the same time before with good results. It happened by accident as I grabbed the wrong bottle to add a spray before headin out, and at first I was like oh crap, but then I was like...hmm...those work nice together.)

But outside of the above club scenerio, I simply wouldn't wear it out in the light of day.
    LOL

for swap/sale:

i always associate it with lava (i haven't been anywhere near a volcano)...it does evoke tht reaction.. but, i love it.. especially cool winter evenings. i mean, common, who doesn't like to cuddle up to a fading bon-fire middle of the night

Quote Originally Posted by morrison74 View Post
    I hated my sample of this with a passion and thought it was truly disgusting. It gets so much praise though that I've often wondered if my sample was something else or had gone off. It arrived in a package along with a couple dozen other samples but it was all I could smell, even though none had leaked out. It was so overpowering! I ended up keeping it outside on the balcony so as not to taint my other samples.
    That's funny. I get a mental picture of a poor, banished sample vial, all alone outside while the other kids play inside. Wait, now I feel sorry for it

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    That's funny. I get a mental picture of a poor, banished sample vial, all alone outside while the other kids play inside. Wait, now I feel sorry for it
    After a lengthy interlude on the balcony, I banished it to the other side of the world. Don't feel sorry for it. It violated my nasal passages.
    Last edited by morrison74; 8th October 2011 at 05:54 PM.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Quote Originally Posted by Flaconneur View Post
    I get smoldering lavender with Gris Clair. Just a tiny bit of smokiness but so sweet, I absolutely love it.
    I agree so much with this. Gris Clair, I think, is one of the absolute best fragrances!

The real MAGIC in Gris Clair, is it is probably the only fragrance I've encountered that seems to be 'smoldering' on the skin, as if there's a real heat source creating the scent continuously.

New Haarlem does this a bit and a few others kind of, but GC is just truly sssssmokin!!!

very very wintery fragrance, unwearable in warm climate. I like it, albeit perhaps it is a bit too strong, lasting and boozy for a female skin...
    Last edited by socalwoman; 12th January 2012 at 12:29 PM. Reason: marketplace violation