Code of Conduct

Default CdG Incense Series Gift Set

Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Default Re: CdG Incense Series Gift Set

Thanks for the info....I may have to tell Santa about this.....Gary

Banned

Thanks for pointing this out, looks like a great gift idea!

And if this happens to sell out, which I doubt... Aside from the packaging, you can pickup the whole set at the same price from Barneys w/ free shipping.

Sweat deal for someone who likes all of them, but I ended up only liking Kyoto. I have two bottles of it but didn't really care for the rest in the collection.

BTW, I think this is a step up if the series is going to "so called" get discontinued.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 17th November 2007 at 04:05 AM.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    Sweat deal for someone who likes all of them, but I ended up only liking Kyoto. I have two bottles of it but didn't really care for the rest in the collection.

BTW, I think this is a step up if the series is going to "so called" get discontinued.
    The Incense Series is NOT being discontinued - the Red, Sherbert, Sweet & Synthetic are.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 17th November 2007 at 09:00 AM.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

The packaging/gift wrapping could have been better - it looks too much like a standard 1-800-flowers or Cadbury chocolate gift wrapping
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    The packaging/gift wrapping could have been better - it looks too much like a standard 1-800-flowers or Cadbury chocolate gift wrapping
    I agree but how awesome would it be to get all 5 at once.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Quote Originally Posted by Azsmells View Post
    So very tempting... but there's no guarantee I'd like the rest of them as much as I love Avignon.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    The Incense Series is NOT being discontinued - the Red, Sherbert, Sweet & Synthetic are.
    But... I was just about to try some of those!

Are these full-sized? It doesn't say.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde65 View Post
    Are these full-sized? It doesn't say.
    Yes
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

It is a cool idea, but I would suggest people get samples of all of them instead. I liked them all, but I probably would only purchase a couple of them - Jaisalmer and maybe Avignon. I doubt many people would like them all equally.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Thanks..but I'm pretty sure someone mentioned the Incense Series as well...but maybe I read wrong.

EDIT: Correction, I read the old thread...a basenoter mentioned the incense series at first which I read but later corrected himself.....which I didn't get a chance to read.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 17th November 2007 at 08:40 PM.

the greatest gift a mother can give would be sequoia, palisander and carnation

funny you should say that as i just tested carnation today and i'm not happy lol

they didnt have avignon in the store though, i do hope the series wont be discontinued before i can get my hands on that one

Basenotes Institution

I happened to be browsing the Barneys New York site this afternoon - and I noticed that Barneys also stocks Comme des Garcons fragrances, including the Incense Series.

Here's the thing - Barney's has the Incense Series regular retail price at $62 a bottle. Luckyscent has them for $72 a bottle.

So, this Gift Set is really not a discount at all - you could buy all five (5) at Barneys for the same exact price (minus the very basic gift box and wrapping), of course.

I love Luckyscent so I'm not trying to hate on them, I'm just sayin...

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle