Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Please Help with a gift

Dear Wonderous ladies of Basenotes,

I am going to buy a gift for my girlfriend. She is 31, Armenian, and has burgundy red hair. Currently she wears DG Light Blue for women.I let her go through my sampes, and she did like Creed Love in White, and Spring Flowers. Here are some of my ideas:

Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir
    Passage D'Enfer
    Eau de Amouage

She says that she likes lighter fragrances, So I think a lot of the Jo Malone's and L'Artisans would be up her alley. What do you all think of my ideas, and I would of course be greatful to hear some recomendations from you all.

Thank you all again in advance for your input. It is greatly appreciated!

Default Re: Please Help with a gift

Have you tried Michael Kors for women?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think she may like the new Jo Malone as well. I think it is Jasmin & Mint. Anyhoo, I love Light Blue. Why don't you get her the Spring Flowers. I love that one. I liked LIW, but it didn't like me.

If she likes Light Blue she may also like Delices by Cartier, Lolita Lempicka, and even Alien. I can't really think of a frag that comes close to Spring Flowers. Sorry I haven't smelled the other ones you mentioned. Light Blue has a sweetness to me and the ones I mentioned have that as well.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Post Thanks / Like

If she likes Love in White, she might like 24 Faubourg Eau Delicate by Hermes. Some similar notes. You can also look over on the L'Occitane website, they have a 25% discount code going through Sunday with some really nice fragrances, bath and body care, gift sets, etc. (I posted it in the discount code section on the board, used it today.)
    Last edited by beachroses; 17th November 2007 at 05:23 AM.

Riviera dei Fiori near Sanremo and Alassio
    Post Thanks / Like

If she likes Love in white, she can try Teint de neige LV / Bahaiana MPG / Ombre rose J.C. Brosseau.
    If you buy a perfume for her, ask also a sample of item, she try sample and she can change perfume sealed if she doesn't like.
    Last edited by nyneve; 17th November 2007 at 05:53 AM.
    A, quales ego mane rosas procedere vidi!
    Nascebantur adhuc neque erat par omnibus aetas.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for your replies. I think I am going to take her shopping on the sly, so that I can gauge her interest in the fragrances you all have mentioned.

Thanks again, and keep'em coming!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure if you take her to the perfume counter, she won't figure out what you're up to. hehe It's okay if you ask her what she wants, if she finds one she likes, she might be disappointed that you used that idea to pick out something else.

Post Thanks / Like

The idea is not new: give her about 30 samples of "lighter" scents nicely packaged (in a basket, or in a gift bag, or in a small crystal dish) you think she might enjoy and let her pick and choose the ones she likes. You will have a bonding time, not speaking about the chance to impress her with your knowledge and understanding of fragrances and stories behind their creations, if you do the sniffing together. And you will find out what she likes and does not, thus making your future gift giving easier.

Funny you should mention pomegranate, though, a good luck and fertility token, which Armenians eat one seed each passing the fruit around and making a wish as they do so, on a new Year's Eve.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    The idea is not new: give her about 30 samples of "lighter" scents nicely packaged .....Funny you should mention pomegranate, though, a good luck and fertility token, which Armenians eat one seed each passing the fruit around and making a wish as they do so, on a new Year's Eve.
    Like Wolfie said.

And isn't that FASCINATING about the pomegranates!! ....."Burgundy red hair".....are you smitten??!! PUH-LEEZE keep us informed!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

How about that "butterflies" one from L'Artisan: Le Chasse aux Papillon? It's a nice, soft floral, light and pretty. She won't be smelling it on everyone else so it will be more special.

Riviera dei Fiori near Sanremo and Alassio
    Post Thanks / Like

Melograno Santa Maria Novella =pomegranate, a clean, soft scent
    A, quales ego mane rosas procedere vidi!
    Nascebantur adhuc neque erat par omnibus aetas.

Post Thanks / Like

Somethinpositiv- I have tried Micheal Kors, and I think it smells wonderful, but a friend of our whom we see all the time wears it exclusively. I wouldn;\'t want her to be uncomfortable wearing it.

Twolf- Thank you for that! I really like the pomegranate new years association. It makes me want to get her the Pomegranate Noir even more now!

Tao Lady- I am she is not only beautiful physically, but her heart is something special. I will definately let every one know how she likes her gift.

Everyone else- Thank you. I like the idea of getting her a little velvet sachel of fragrances and letting her choose the one she likes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Duke View Post

I am going to buy a gift for my girlfriend. She is 31, Armenian, and has burgundy red hair. Currently she wears DG Light Blue for women.I let her go through my sampes, and she did like Creed Love in White, and Spring Flowers. Here are some of my ideas:

Passage D'Enfer
    Eau de Amouage

She says that she likes lighter fragrances, So I think a lot of the Jo Malone's and L'Artisans would be up her alley. What do you all think of my ideas, and I would of course be greatful to hear some recomendations from you all.

I haven't tried Love in White, but have tried Spring Flower and Light Blue. Since she wears a refined citrus for everyday and seems to favor bright bouquets for a change....
    Maybe Bonds Chelsea Flowers , I prefer it to Spring Flower. Or for [b]L'Artisan, how about Mimosa pour Moi? She also might enjoy MPG Eau de Camélia Chinois.

I've recently worked with one of my coworkers to help her find a new scent, and what ended up working for her was to try other scents by the perfumer who had created the scent she currently wore (in her case, Sophia Grojsman). Since Light Blue is an Olivier Cresp creation, why not try something else he created, perhaps L'eau par Kenzo, Noa Fleur, Lacoste Pour Femme, or even Champs Elysees?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Duke View Post

Passage D'Enfer
    Eau de Amouage

I would suggest to try Lanvin Oxygene - most of my friends who like DG Light blue, like Oxigen as well

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you to all of you who helped me! I decided and bought her Eau de Amouage. I find it to be decidedly feminine, with a scent that lasts and lasts! It is very sexy to my nose! I am going to take your advise and give her the box with a sample just in case she does not find it as captivating as I have.

Thank you again!,

-Duke

Post Thanks / Like

What an elegant selection!