Code of Conduct

Default Perfume as a Gift

I am going to buy a gift for my girlfriend. She is 31, Armenian, and has burgundy red hair. Currently she wears DG Light Blue for women.I let her go through my sampes, and she did like Creed Love in White, and Spring Flowers. Here are some of my ideas:

Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir
    Passage D'Enfer
    Eau de Amouage

She says that she likes lighter fragrances, So I think a lot of the Jo Malone's and L'Artisans would be up her alley. What do you all think of my ideas, and I would of course be greatful to hear some recomendations from you all.

Thank you all again in advance for your input. It is greatly appreciated!

Default Re: Perfume as a Gift

It has been my experience that while giving/getting a gift of fragrance is right up my alley, most people are really picky and no matter how hard I try, they don't like what I pick. Oh, they will be polite and tell me how wonderful it is but then they never wear it. Now, if she told you exactly what she likes, why not get her one of the Creeds? There is almost nothing worse that seeing a gift bottle languishing away, covered in dust because it wasn't to their liking. Why not take her to the store and spend a couple of hours trying perfumes and while you are at it...take notes! That way she will get exactly what she wants.

By the way, your choices sound fantastic (except for the Amouage...but that's just me).
    Last edited by paintrman; 17th November 2007 at 03:51 AM. Reason: additional thought

Default Re: Perfume as a Gift

Quote Originally Posted by paintrman View Post
    It has been my experience that while giving/getting a gift of fragrance is right up my alley, most people are really picky and no matter how hard I try, they don't like what I pick. Oh, they will be polite and tell me how wonderful it is but then they never wear it. Now, if she told you exactly what she likes, why not get her one of the Creeds? There is almost nothing worse that seeing a gift bottle languishing away, covered in dust because it wasn't to their liking. Why not take her to the store and spend a couple of hours trying perfumes and while you are at it...take notes! That way she will get exactly what she wants.

By the way, your choices sound fantastic (except for the Amouage...but that's just me).
    That is a good idea. I want it to be a suprise so maybe I will tell her I want her advise on a gift for someone else, or we will just casually go shopping.

Thank you!