Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default What is a fragrance you will NEVER wear?

I know, at least for now, that I will not wear any Armani fragrance. I almost bought Code but then something made me not. I also do not wear Kenneth Cole, because he is like Armani's little cousin...

It is nothing against them, especially Armani he has sold a whole lotta ADG bottles. But I just do not like their popularity. I like to smell unique..

I also find myself not wearing anything sweet... For some reason. I even stopped my usage of Pi. Then by coincidence a lady friend of mine bought me A*men. I'm trying to see if I want to give it back or just selll it and say I used it all..

- Jay
    I'm so fo sho' it's no facade/ Stay out of trouble momma said as momma sighed/ For her fear her youngest son be a victim of homicide/ But I gotta get you out of here momma.. Or I'm gonna die..Inside...So either eay you lose me momma/ So let loose of me!

Default Re: What is a fragrance you will NEVER wear?

Aoud Cuir d'Arabie. It smells like rubbing alcohol after half an hour on my skin.

Conforming to Non-Conformity is still still Conformity. It's really cliche on this site to not be like everyone else. I use niches such as Montale and Serge Lutens, but I also use ADG and A+F Fierce. Wear any fragrances you like, whatever you enjoy and smells good. If you only enjoy unique scents, that's cool too, since it seems you're looking for the "whoa, I've never smelled that before" comment from women. As for the A*men, I say just keep it on your dresser, so when your lady friend sees it she'll be happy. Unless you really need that $25 you'd make by selling it, or if you're embarrassed to have people see that you own it

Quote Originally Posted by somethinpositiv View Post
    Conforming to Non-Conformity is still still Conformity. It's really cliche on this site to not be like everyone else. I use niches such as Montale and Serge Lutens, but I also use ADG and A+F Fierce. Wear any fragrances you like, whatever you enjoy and smells good. If you only enjoy unique scents, that's cool too, since it seems you're looking for the "whoa, I've never smelled that before" comment from women. As for the A*men, I say just keep it on your dresser, so when your lady friend sees it she'll be happy. Unless you really need that $25 you'd make by selling it, or if you're embarrassed to have people see that you own it

It isnt that I am ashamed.. I Just am not into sweet scents right now. Or rather edible ones. Idk why but I woke up yesterday and realized I lost my lust. So I sprayed on some Claibourne Sport and left.

A*men is unbareable for me right now... makes me want to throw up. That is not an exaggeration either.

- Jay
    I'm so fo sho' it's no facade/ Stay out of trouble momma said as momma sighed/ For her fear her youngest son be a victim of homicide/ But I gotta get you out of here momma.. Or I'm gonna die..Inside...So either eay you lose me momma/ So let loose of me!

I don't use my A*men either, but the rubber (or metal) flask looks nice for display hehe. And I get that reaction too, except from Yatagan.

There's two, actually, that never have and never will touch my skin... Joop! (toilet bowl cleaner + Robitussin) and Kenneth Cole Signature (awful... but it looks like its on its way out).
    "It always seems impossible until it's done." -Nelson Mandela

Support Xscentrik - The World's First Crowdfunded Fragrance Store: http://igg.me/at/xscentrik/x/11176018

heart of ice

I never say never ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

If something smells good to me, I don't give a $### if it's popular or worn by a lot of people, I wear it. I don't wear colognes that I don't like. I don't wear Le Male. It would smell nice on a woman, though.

Thrax

Jicky.

I'd rather piss glass.

Creed Royal English Leather. I bought it blind based on the glowing reviews and my curiosity for a leather fragrance. While I've had disappointments with blind buys in the past, none reached the magnitude such as this. Let's just say; this is the only fragrance that I got rid of within a day of owning it.

It's a leather fragrance alright, very very fresh leather. So fresh that it smells like a freshly slaughtered horse. Upon first sniff it has an effect similar to burying your face in the cavity along with the entrails and taking a deep sniff/snort.

There's something about REL that literally had a vomit inducing effect on me. I tried to let it grow on test strip and my arm but the same nauseous odor persisted. No matter how much an acquired taste it can be, if it stirs my gag reflex, there's absolutely no way I can wear it.

I've sampled alot of controversial fragrances and I do wear such ones as Yatagan and Kouros with frequency but Royal English Leather marks the limit for me.

Smile Re: What is a fragrance you will NEVER wear?

Quote Originally Posted by lasta View Post
    Creed Royal English Leather. I bought it blind based on the glowing reviews and my curiosity for a leather fragrance. While I've had disappointments with blind buys in the past, none reached the magnitude such as this. Let's just say; this is the only fragrance that I got rid of within a day of owning it.

It's a leather fragrance alright, very very fresh leather. So fresh that it smells like a freshly slaughtered horse. Upon first sniff it has an effect similar to burying your face in the cavity along with the entrails and taking a deep sniff/snort.

There's something about REL that literally had a vomit inducing effect on me. I tried to let it grow on test strip and my arm but the same nauseous odor persisted. No matter how much an acquired taste it can be, if it stirs my gag reflex, there's absolutely no way I can wear it.

I've sampled alot of controversial fragrances and I do wear such ones as Yatagan and Kouros with frequency but Royal English Leather marks the limit for me.

lol... U madd?

Unfortunately not, I think it's the bitter citrus notes mixed with an overdose of leather...my stomach turns thinking about it and my sample of Bois de Copaiba reminds me of it (without the leather). I'm sure it boasts it's own vitues and uses very high quality ingredients but it goes beyond something I don't like to smell, it's something I can't tolerate to smell. I group it in the same lot as halitosis...
    Last edited by lasta; 18th November 2007 at 03:44 AM.

The worst cologne I've ever smelt: Ralph Lauren Romance. The reviews on this site stated "pickle juice and urine" and they certainly hit the nail on the head.

Also, anything with the Coty label on it. They all end up smelling the same to my nose anyway...and that's vomit inducing.

There are too many to list here so I have to refrain from getting on a rampage!

Thrax, you seem to always make analogies about what horrible thing you would do instead of use a particular fragrance you distain lol. I believe you made a similar comment about you'd rather do such-and-such than smell like a dirty vagina?

Quote Originally Posted by Thrax View Post
    Jicky.

I'd rather piss glass.

ck Crave
    Hugo Energy
    X-Centric

Thrax

Thrax, you seem to always make analogies about what horrible thing you would do instead of use a particular fragrance you distain lol. I believe you made a similar comment about you'd rather do such-and-such than smell like a dirty vagina?
    That one would have been "I'd rather give birth to a porcupine that was on fire." But I'm glad that someone besides me gets a kick out of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Thrax View Post
    That one would have been "I'd rather give birth to a porcupine that was on fire." But I'm glad that someone besides me gets a kick out of them!
    What about cutting off your eye lids and eating nothing but sleeping pills?

Anyone who knows me at all knows that A*men is the obvious answer pour moi; however, I have to admit that Arabie also ranks right up there. I find it a delicious scent to find in a Moroccan bakery, yes, but NOT to wear on my skin all day. Chypre Rouge also sits high in my "Never (or damn unlikely) to touch my skin" rankings.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

For me, it's that awful Secretions Magnifique. I tried it once and it made me gag. I then tried to wash it off, would it wash off? No!. It's always the nasty ones that will never wash off.

Barry

You would say that, Eminem lover :P

Quote Originally Posted by J.Riv View Post
    What about cutting off your eye lids and eating nothing but sleeping pills?

You would say that, Eminem lover :P
    Method Man.... Step ya rap game up;...

Song: M-E-T-H-O-D Man

You cannot Handle RZA's Liquid sword!!!

I'd rather wear nothing than wear anything from Jean Paul Gaultier

I can't stand Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme mainly 'cause I associate this with every high school Enrique Iglesias (wannabe) kinda type. I don't think I will ever wear Chypre Rouge or Kouros (in public) either.

I will never wear A*men , and especially not FLEUR DU MALE.

Un Fleur de Cassie (Malle) - it smells like a well utilitzed public restroom on me.

Caenal Flower
    Chanel #5
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

I will NOT wear that perverse atrocity VULVA. *shudders*

The two that immediately come to mind for me are beyond paradise and Obsession
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Kouros will never touch my skin again... I can't stand it.