Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What is a fragrance you will NEVER wear?

I know, at least for now, that I will not wear any Armani fragrance. I almost bought Code but then something made me not. I also do not wear Kenneth Cole, because he is like Armani's little cousin...

It is nothing against them, especially Armani he has sold a whole lotta ADG bottles. But I just do not like their popularity. I like to smell unique..

I also find myself not wearing anything sweet... For some reason. I even stopped my usage of Pi. Then by coincidence a lady friend of mine bought me A*men. I'm trying to see if I want to give it back or just selll it and say I used it all..

- Jay
    I'm so fo sho' it's no facade/ Stay out of trouble momma said as momma sighed/ For her fear her youngest son be a victim of homicide/ But I gotta get you out of here momma.. Or I'm gonna die..Inside...So either eay you lose me momma/ So let loose of me!

Default Re: What is a fragrance you will NEVER wear?

Aoud Cuir d'Arabie. It smells like rubbing alcohol after half an hour on my skin.

Conforming to Non-Conformity is still still Conformity. It's really cliche on this site to not be like everyone else. I use niches such as Montale and Serge Lutens, but I also use ADG and A+F Fierce. Wear any fragrances you like, whatever you enjoy and smells good. If you only enjoy unique scents, that's cool too, since it seems you're looking for the "whoa, I've never smelled that before" comment from women. As for the A*men, I say just keep it on your dresser, so when your lady friend sees it she'll be happy. Unless you really need that $25 you'd make by selling it, or if you're embarrassed to have people see that you own it

Quote Originally Posted by somethinpositiv View Post
    Conforming to Non-Conformity is still still Conformity. It's really cliche on this site to not be like everyone else. I use niches such as Montale and Serge Lutens, but I also use ADG and A+F Fierce. Wear any fragrances you like, whatever you enjoy and smells good. If you only enjoy unique scents, that's cool too, since it seems you're looking for the "whoa, I've never smelled that before" comment from women. As for the A*men, I say just keep it on your dresser, so when your lady friend sees it she'll be happy. Unless you really need that $25 you'd make by selling it, or if you're embarrassed to have people see that you own it

It isnt that I am ashamed.. I Just am not into sweet scents right now. Or rather edible ones. Idk why but I woke up yesterday and realized I lost my lust. So I sprayed on some Claibourne Sport and left.

A*men is unbareable for me right now... makes me want to throw up. That is not an exaggeration either.

- Jay
    I'm so fo sho' it's no facade/ Stay out of trouble momma said as momma sighed/ For her fear her youngest son be a victim of homicide/ But I gotta get you out of here momma.. Or I'm gonna die..Inside...So either eay you lose me momma/ So let loose of me!

I don't use my A*men either, but the rubber (or metal) flask looks nice for display hehe. And I get that reaction too, except from Yatagan.

There's two, actually, that never have and never will touch my skin... Joop! (toilet bowl cleaner + Robitussin) and Kenneth Cole Signature (awful... but it looks like its on its way out).
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5) John Varvatos Vintage

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

I never say never ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

If something smells good to me, I don't give a $### if it's popular or worn by a lot of people, I wear it. I don't wear colognes that I don't like. I don't wear Le Male. It would smell nice on a woman, though.

Thrax

Jicky.

I'd rather piss glass.

Creed Royal English Leather. I bought it blind based on the glowing reviews and my curiosity for a leather fragrance. While I've had disappointments with blind buys in the past, none reached the magnitude such as this. Let's just say; this is the only fragrance that I got rid of within a day of owning it.

It's a leather fragrance alright, very very fresh leather. So fresh that it smells like a freshly slaughtered horse. Upon first sniff it has an effect similar to burying your face in the cavity along with the entrails and taking a deep sniff/snort.

There's something about REL that literally had a vomit inducing effect on me. I tried to let it grow on test strip and my arm but the same nauseous odor persisted. No matter how much an acquired taste it can be, if it stirs my gag reflex, there's absolutely no way I can wear it.

I've sampled alot of controversial fragrances and I do wear such ones as Yatagan and Kouros with frequency but Royal English Leather marks the limit for me.

Smile Re: What is a fragrance you will NEVER wear?

Quote Originally Posted by lasta View Post
    Creed Royal English Leather. I bought it blind based on the glowing reviews and my curiosity for a leather fragrance. While I've had disappointments with blind buys in the past, none reached the magnitude such as this. Let's just say; this is the only fragrance that I got rid of within a day of owning it.

It's a leather fragrance alright, very very fresh leather. So fresh that it smells like a freshly slaughtered horse. Upon first sniff it has an effect similar to burying your face in the cavity along with the entrails and taking a deep sniff/snort.

There's something about REL that literally had a vomit inducing effect on me. I tried to let it grow on test strip and my arm but the same nauseous odor persisted. No matter how much an acquired taste it can be, if it stirs my gag reflex, there's absolutely no way I can wear it.

I've sampled alot of controversial fragrances and I do wear such ones as Yatagan and Kouros with frequency but Royal English Leather marks the limit for me.

lol... U madd?

Unfortunately not, I think it's the bitter citrus notes mixed with an overdose of leather...my stomach turns thinking about it and my sample of Bois de Copaiba reminds me of it (without the leather). I'm sure it boasts it's own vitues and uses very high quality ingredients but it goes beyond something I don't like to smell, it's something I can't tolerate to smell. I group it in the same lot as halitosis...
    Last edited by lasta; 18th November 2007 at 04:44 AM.

The worst cologne I've ever smelt: Ralph Lauren Romance. The reviews on this site stated "pickle juice and urine" and they certainly hit the nail on the head.

Also, anything with the Coty label on it. They all end up smelling the same to my nose anyway...and that's vomit inducing.

There are too many to list here so I have to refrain from getting on a rampage!

Thrax, you seem to always make analogies about what horrible thing you would do instead of use a particular fragrance you distain lol. I believe you made a similar comment about you'd rather do such-and-such than smell like a dirty vagina?

Quote Originally Posted by Thrax View Post
    Jicky.

I'd rather piss glass.

ck Crave
    Hugo Energy
    X-Centric

Thrax

Thrax, you seem to always make analogies about what horrible thing you would do instead of use a particular fragrance you distain lol. I believe you made a similar comment about you'd rather do such-and-such than smell like a dirty vagina?
    That one would have been "I'd rather give birth to a porcupine that was on fire." But I'm glad that someone besides me gets a kick out of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Thrax View Post
    That one would have been "I'd rather give birth to a porcupine that was on fire." But I'm glad that someone besides me gets a kick out of them!
    What about cutting off your eye lids and eating nothing but sleeping pills?

Anyone who knows me at all knows that A*men is the obvious answer pour moi; however, I have to admit that Arabie also ranks right up there. I find it a delicious scent to find in a Moroccan bakery, yes, but NOT to wear on my skin all day. Chypre Rouge also sits high in my "Never (or damn unlikely) to touch my skin" rankings.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

For me, it's that awful Secretions Magnifique. I tried it once and it made me gag. I then tried to wash it off, would it wash off? No!. It's always the nasty ones that will never wash off.

Barry

You would say that, Eminem lover :P

Quote Originally Posted by J.Riv View Post
    What about cutting off your eye lids and eating nothing but sleeping pills?

You would say that, Eminem lover :P
    Method Man.... Step ya rap game up;...

Song: M-E-T-H-O-D Man

You cannot Handle RZA's Liquid sword!!!

I'd rather wear nothing than wear anything from Jean Paul Gaultier

I can't stand Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme mainly 'cause I associate this with every high school Enrique Iglesias (wannabe) kinda type. I don't think I will ever wear Chypre Rouge or Kouros (in public) either.

I will never wear A*men , and especially not FLEUR DU MALE.

Un Fleur de Cassie (Malle) - it smells like a well utilitzed public restroom on me.

Caenal Flower
    Chanel #5
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

I will NOT wear that perverse atrocity VULVA. *shudders*

The two that immediately come to mind for me are beyond paradise and Obsession
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Kouros will never touch my skin again... I can't stand it.

Too many, some are even in my wardrobe

4711 (pointless if you have the infinitely superior R&G Farina or any other good EdC)
    Jicky (I could roll in used diapers if I wanted that smell)

(plus about 90% of the offerings in your average perfume store, from Joop Go to the new Jil Sander Man)
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

That's it -- I simply HAVE to smell Jicky now. Have never smelled it yet -- neither in its edt nor its edp nor its parfum form. After having heard Thrax thrash it for a long time now, and now Good_Life, I want to smell it just to see what all the hooplah's about. (This reminds me of Ellen DeGeneres' famous line about spoiled milk: "Here -- this is bad. Smell this.")

Don't want to invest in a bottle, though -- just to buy a sample and see where all the sturm und drang over Jicky comes from.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Barry View Post
    For me, it's that awful Secretions Magnifique. I tried it once and it made me gag. I then tried to wash it off, would it wash off? No!. It's always the nasty ones that will never wash off.
    How much I agree with you, Barry. UUhhhh.....

in defense of Jicky, read this wonderful review from Ayala's blog:
    http://ayalasmellyblog.blogspot.com/2007/11/jicky.html

one fragrance that I may almost never wear again is Angel.

I can appreciate it on others, I can appreciate the creativity of its composition, but I find it way too demanding to reside on my own personal skin.
    Last edited by rtamara41; 18th November 2007 at 05:55 PM.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Thumbs down Re: What is a fragrance you will NEVER wear?

Three Demeters:
    Bonfire - smells like smoke and whatever artificial ingredients they put in hot dogs.
    Fireplace - just plain wrong.
    Earthworm - smells dead up like potting soil, which I suppose was the goal.

I bought a bazillion Demeters when they introduced the little $5 ones. I like some of them, so I'm not dogging the company, but these three are just dreadful.

Basenotes Institution

I must agree with Barry - Secretions Magnifique by ELdO was retch-inducing to me, and I almost got nauseous wearing it...fascinating that a scent can do that to me, but it was the combo of the blood notes, the milk notes and the dank mildewy water all mixed together. It left me a little traumatized after I smelled it and whatever the note is that it contains - this note is also in Fire Island by Bond No. 9 so now I can possibly smell that one either without making the 'nausea' connection from SM.

Matt - please try Jicky. I found it shockingly fecal I actually giggled when I smelled it. The SA at Nordstrom's said 'most people have that reaction to Jicky the first time they smell it' - but the jasmine middle notes and Guerlainade drydown make up for it. Also - realize that everyone gets different reactions to Jicky in it's different formulations: EdT, EdP and parfum. I have only smelled the EdP and this was a fecal monster. It is an olfactory memory that is imprinted in my brain forever.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Off-Scenter

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Barry View Post

Barry
    Ditto. Never again...

Hugo Boss, I just can't stand this fragrance. It smells so terrible and synthetic rubber to me. Also the new Blue Sugar for men, It smells like cotton candy. Wayyyy too sweet for my tastes.
    Last edited by The Duke; 18th November 2007 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I have only smelled the EdP and this was a fecal monster.
    Dear moderators,

this is not the first time this question would come to my mind, but after a long-long laughter I must ask: is there any chance that at least in cases like this the other half would have the place to comment such views? It's quite hilarious to read an opinion like this about a SCENT which is generally intended by the constructor to please, amuse, etc. people? Maybe they are on a completely wrong track, and we could help them to find the right way.

Joop Pour Homme and Fahrenheit by Dior....these just do not work for me......I do like the new Fahrenheit 32.....this is fantastic.
    Gary

You sure it's not "I'm Back" by Eminem, fom the Marshall Mathers LP? Well, not surprising if Method Man had them lyrics first, that old timer. Rappers need to be more creative, always stealing lyrics... check out Jay-Z's "Success" for the same line again...

I hate that you can take grade-school poetry, add profanity and violence, and put a repetitive beat in the background, and suddenly you're a millionaire (until they spend those millions on jewels). The entertainment business is fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Riv View Post
    Method Man.... Step ya rap game up;...

Song: M-E-T-H-O-D Man

You cannot Handle RZA's Liquid sword!!!

I had for the longest time refused to wear Creed's, but now I have a sample of VIW and SMW on the way so I may have to change my ways.

Last edited by pluran; 13th March 2008 at 10:49 PM.

Ok, wait a minute, I am wondering why anyone wants to hear about what I will never wear? That kind of question could go on and on, what kind of food would I never eat, what kind of woman would I never want to be with, what kind of car would I refuse to drive? What a waste of time on the "never" shit, I mean, who really cares, and how will you feel when I say I would never wear what turns out to be your favorite, even if this is all lightness and folly. This is all sociologically connected, you know? Seeking the comfort of the herd. That is fine, and I can't even believe that I am taking the time to write this as usually I am off in my own field. I find comfort in the herd too don't get me wrong, but apparently way less than many. And as for Jicky, what the fu*k? I have never smelled anything whatsoever resembling the likes of your descriptions. It smells GREAT to me. Therein lies the variation possible really, if they keep making the stuff, someone is buying it whether they have a knowledge about the scent or not. period. Maybe it's the person WEARING the stuff, how long they have been wearing it, how many times they have tried it, whether they let it dry down, how you feel about the person wearing it (including YOURSELF) which leads us back to the sociologic irrelevance of all this drivel. What I would never wear? I won't spend anymore time on it, we'll never know and the world will just go on. Go do something useful, at least fun.

Smile Re: What is a fragrance you will NEVER wear?

Loewe Pour Homme
    Serge Lutens Rousse
    Top 6: Amerigo Vespucci, by Kilian A Taste of Heaven, Serge Lutens Borneo 1834, Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta, Creed Bois du Portugal, Barney's New York Route du The

Drakkar Noir

You sure it's not "I'm Back" by Eminem, fom the Marshall Mathers LP? Well, not surprising if Method Man had them lyrics first, that old timer. Rappers need to be more creative, always stealing lyrics... check out Jay-Z's "Success" for the same line again...

I hate that you can take grade-school poetry, add profanity and violence, and put a repetitive beat in the background, and suddenly you're a millionaire (until they spend those millions on jewels). The entertainment business is fucked up.

^ I like you.... You just won cool points.

well, rive gauche, because it smells like the corpse of someones grandad left to die in an old, dusty library.

and now jicky, because this guy wears it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grind View Post
    Ok, wait a minute, I am wondering why anyone wants to hear about what I will never wear? That kind of question could go on and on, what kind of food would I never eat, what kind of woman would I never want to be with, what kind of car would I refuse to drive? What a waste of time on the "never" shit, I mean, who really cares, and how will you feel when I say I would never wear what turns out to be your favorite, even if this is all lightness and folly. This is all sociologically connected, you know? Seeking the comfort of the herd. That is fine, and I can't even believe that I am taking the time to write this as usually I am off in my own field. I find comfort in the herd too don't get me wrong, but apparently way less than many. And as for Jicky, what the fu*k? I have never smelled anything whatsoever resembling the likes of your descriptions. It smells GREAT to me. Therein lies the variation possible really, if they keep making the stuff, someone is buying it whether they have a knowledge about the scent or not. period. Maybe it's the person WEARING the stuff, how long they have been wearing it, how many times they have tried it, whether they let it dry down, how you feel about the person wearing it (including YOURSELF) which leads us back to the sociologic irrelevance of all this drivel. What I would never wear? I won't spend anymore time on it, we'll never know and the world will just go on. Go do something useful, at least fun.
    Last edited by chad278; 19th November 2007 at 02:37 PM.
    current favourites: guerlain vetiver, trumper eucris, adp colonia
    latest swag: cdg man2, lolita lempicka au masculin
    next buys: keiko mecheri oliban, michael by michael kors

Thumbs up Re: What is a fragrance you will NEVER wear?

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    I never say never ...
    Agree !!!

I quite like Jicky...

Things I would never wear:
    -Lipstick Rose: evil in a bottle
    -Amen
    -Le Male
    -D&G
    -Bandit Light PH
    -Anything from Strange Invisible
    -Kouros
    -Hanae Mori

...the list goes on.

Anything by Paris Hilton. My wife won't let me.

Cdg 53
    Last edited by giannis; 19th November 2007 at 05:44 PM.

KOUROS or Goat Body Odor ! Actually I might wear the former at some point in my life.

I don't think there is a scent that I would swear off forever. My tastes change and sometimes I find myself gravitating towards a fragrance that I previously found revolting (eg. A*Men).

Taking that into consideration, there are a few scents that I will certainly never wear at this moment:

Bois de Miel - This feral honey-dominated juice became sickeningly sweet and unbearably cloying after about ten minutes. I found nothing attractive about this one and unfortunately was not in a position to wash it off either. Completely embarassing.

Reverie au Jardin - Buttered popcorn anyone?

Anything else is game.
    Last edited by Nicolas V; 19th November 2007 at 05:49 PM.
    You are not your perfume.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I must agree with Barry - Secretions Magnifique by ELdO was retch-inducing to me, and I almost got nauseous wearing it...fascinating that a scent can do that to me, but it was the combo of the blood notes, the milk notes and the dank mildewy water all mixed together. It left me a little traumatized after I smelled it and whatever the note is that it contains - this note is also in Fire Island by Bond No. 9 so now I can possibly smell that one either without making the 'nausea' connection from SM.

Matt - please try Jicky. I found it shockingly fecal I actually giggled when I smelled it. The SA at Nordstrom's said 'most people have that reaction to Jicky the first time they smell it' - but the jasmine middle notes and Guerlainade drydown make up for it. Also - realize that everyone gets different reactions to Jicky in it's different formulations: EdT, EdP and parfum. I have only smelled the EdP and this was a fecal monster. It is an olfactory memory that is imprinted in my brain forever.
    perhaps I have a stinky soul. I love Jicky. must try the other formulations.
    today my doc friend sniffed it on me and promptly announced that it gave him a woody.
    I work with very sophisticated and discriminating minds. and they save lives too!
    but it's funny, Mike, when you say you giggled at this. that is the EXACT reaction I had to Musc Kublai Khan at first sniff.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

That's a no-brainer; CK One!!! It's foul, repulsive and nauseating, and it gives me a damn headache!!!!

Aqua di Gio

Drakkar Noir....it smells wonderful on some people, and I'm NOT one of 'em!
    Discount and drug store fragrance trollop. http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=74

Touch by Fred Hayman, it should be re-named: Do Not Touch Under Any Circumstances!
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 20th November 2007 at 07:23 PM.

Serge Lutens MMK. PUAGH!!!!!!!!
    #TOP 5#: Polo Crest, Romeo Gigli,Jockey Club C&M, Jean Pascal Homme,Floris N 89