Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: What is a fragrance you will NEVER wear?

Quote Originally Posted by J.Riv View Post
    It isnt that I am ashamed.. I Just am not into sweet scents right now. Or rather edible ones. Idk why but I woke up yesterday and realized I lost my lust. So I sprayed on some Claibourne Sport and left.

A*men is unbareable for me right now... makes me want to throw up. That is not an exaggeration either.

- Jay
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=201870

Didn't you just sing the praises of Carlos Santana the other day? (which is great btw...)

Anyway, for me it would be Shiseido Basala. A lot of people love this fragrance. Personally I just don't get the appeal...

Post Re: What is a fragrance you will NEVER wear?

I forgot to add Maestrale by Profumi di Pantelleria. No, no.
    Top 6: Amerigo Vespucci, by Kilian A Taste of Heaven, Serge Lutens Borneo 1834, Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta, Creed Bois du Portugal, Barney's New York Route du The

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post

one fragrance that I may almost never wear again is Angel.

I can appreciate it on others, I can appreciate the creativity of its composition, but I find it way too demanding to reside on my own personal skin.
    So much for never.
    I have developed a sudden craving for Angel. And gave my bottle away months ago.
    oh well. It will pass.
    I think it's the season and the cold weather... a craving for sweets and strong scents.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Post Re: What is a fragrance you will NEVER wear?

A*Men applied once after showering,turned around, and went right back into the shower.Threw the sample right into the trash can.

I really can't wear anything with that marine accord. My skin turns it into the ONLY accord for some reason. I kept trying and trying the stuff hoping for better ... I have given up!
    ===
    “… [I] recall thinking that the computer would never advance much further than this. Call me naïve, but I seemed to have underestimated the universal desire to sit in a hard plastic chair and stare at a screen until your eyes cross.” ~ David Sedaris

Quote Originally Posted by Ron199 View Post
    A*Men applied once after showering,turned around, and went right back into the shower.Threw the sample right into the trash can.
    Same thing happened to me this morning. Except that mine was Santal Blanc, not A*Men.

For me it's Aramis 900. Hoo Boy does that stuff make me ill!

In addendum: Fresh and Aquatic Scents really don't mix with my skin chemistry. They tend to smell like a chemical cocktail on me.
    Last edited by greendragon; 6th February 2008 at 04:51 PM.
    Green Dragon

Aliquando et insanire iucundum est.

Oh, and I forgot to add, Cool Water as well.
    It was one of the first frags that I ever purchased, and wore it for about a month. I revisited it recently, and I don't understand how on earth I put up with that vile stuff for so long... It gives me a headache as well. I sold it virtually as a giveaway on eBay - with shipping and the eBay fees, I'm not making any money out of it but it's just gotta go. Outta my house. Sometimes I'd give something I don't care for to friends, but I don't want to smell this on any of my friends either.
    Last edited by heythatslife; 6th February 2008 at 04:56 PM.

Taste changes and expands, so I don't think there is an answer to your question. However, at this point I would not want to wear X-centric.

Blog Entries

M7, especially M7 Fresh. Smells like Vick's Vapor Rub on me. Also, I thought I hated anything that's got a lot of vetiver like Eau Savage or anything that reminds me of dirt and grass (especially Fleur du Male). My nose just sends all kinds of warning signals to my brain. However, Thierry Mugler cologne proved me wrong. I hated the first 15-20 minutes of wearing it at first, then it mellowed out into this soft soap smell when I was randomly doing chores around the house.
    Last edited by Hollandaze; 6th February 2008 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Whoops, here's some more.

Caron - Yatagan = Thermonuclear Waste - First time I wore it I tore a hole in the Ozone

Drakkar Noir. I wanted to like it. I didn't mind that it was too popular several years ago, but--smelling it gave me a terrible reaction in my stomach. Something between pain and/or nausea. I had never had that kind of a reaction to fragrance before or since. It smelled sharp and revolting. Birch trees on acid? No, gracias.

Also, when I was going through my "rouge" phase, I purchased a little number called Rouge Royal by Marina de Bourbon. I couldn't figure out what this fragrance was trying to be. So, I asked a friends opion. She said, "It smells like moldy trees."

Huh? Again, I pass.

-David

Acqua di Gio is revolting.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

There are some scents I am very unlikely to wear, but in this life I find I have often had cause to quote to myself:

"Never say 'never'."
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Blog Entries

A*Men smells like the times I've put Chips Ahoy soft chocolate chip cookies in the microwave to warm up and set the timer too long. The top notes just reminds me of all the wasted cookies I've burned. The dry down, I've smelled it a few times the one time I wore it, I just told myself, "I really don't get it."

TABAC Cologne .... current formulation .
    The after-shave is brilliant ..

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

In one fragrance, Cartier Must manages to combines two smells that I don't care for - cinnamon and "old man" - awful unless perhaps you are over 50.

And I long ago was done with CK fragrances.

Eternity. Polo Sport.

*thinks*

Messe de Minuit (I don't understand how this gets compared to Avignon. Avignon is wonderful, smoky, church-incense, while Messe de Minuit is sickly-sweet, perverse, and rotten, at least on me. The incense is there but it's as if someone threw burning incense on a corpse to mask the smell.)

Anything with a heavy calone note.

Add moderate calone note to that.

wait...any calone? could be.
    Last edited by argogos; 7th February 2008 at 06:32 AM.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

Givenchy - Insense Ultramarine