View Poll Results: Cuir Ottoman vs Dzing

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • CUIR OTTOMAN

7 38.89%
  • DZING!

11 61.11%

Default Cuir Ottoman vs Dzing

Please help me!! I wanna buy one of this pair for this fall/winter season...

Which you like most and why??

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Cuir Ottoman vs Dzing

I love Dzing - I just got a decant of it, and it's such an unusual, unique and tenacious scent. I love many L'Artisan scents and I find the longevity of Dzing on my skin lasts longer than any L'Artisan scent. I also get a strange 'cardboard box' note from Dzing that I love too.

CO I tried once and there was some particular note in it, that didn't sit right with me - although I think I am in the minority here on BN because most people go gaga over CO.

I am assuming you have tested and like both, right?
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 18th November 2007 at 09:23 PM.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I am assuming you have tested and like both, right?
    Yes, but on paper only, and I can't decide...

Put them on the SKIN...!
    Cuir Ottoman is vastly different on the skin- as is Dzing !
    I don't find them at all alike.
    CO is very exotic and sultry-
    Dzing ! is fun, but sultry it ain't.

Off-Scenter

To echo chayaruchama, Dzing! and Cuir Ottoman should both be tried on your skin - particularly because Dzing! disappears almost instantly on some people. (Myself included.) The two fragrances are not all that similar either, beyond being leather-based. Dzing! is a pungent, animalic, yet transparent leather, (perhaps distantly related to Eau d'Hermes,) while Cuir Ottoman is a lush, smooth, sweet, and fruity leather that bears some relation to Serge Lutens's Daim Blond. Of the two, I gravitate toward Dzing!, but I don't wear it on account of its poor longevity.

Post Re: Cuir Ottoman vs Dzing

I voted for Dzing, but if I were you, I would sample both, berore making a blind purchase.
    To my nose. Dzing has more depth, and I prefer it's smokey, spicey dry down.

I love Cuir Ottoman. I like Dzing!
    Spray it, donít say itÖ
    WARDROBE

Honest to God, CO may be the most intriguing, luscious leather scent ever. I bought a bottle at the Scent Bar in LA and everyone who has smelled it is captivated. My neighbor, a woman who loves leather scents, would not leave my home until I made her a decant!

Dzing!: Weird & weak.

Cuir Ottomans is one of the very nicest leather scents there is. CO is a pure light leather that is very warm, balanced, perfect, and would never cause any offense. Its a well kept "city leather". Dzing is a unique, oddball character that is all about the offense it might cause. Dzing's country animalic odors layer really nicely with Cuir Ottomans, by the way, giving it a more real and organic, "lived in" aura. Cuir Ottomans is the leather of a new suede cowboy jacket while Dzing is the horse the cowboy rode in on.

If you could find a bottle of Musks Kubla Khan you could have the advantages and the best of both in one - a raunchy animal opening with a warm gentle leather closing!

happy is the bleu heart<3

I love them both! and since they are so very different from each other, you could just buy both of them!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Off-Scenter

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    Cuir Ottomans is one of the very nicest leather scents there is. CO is a pure light leather that is very warm, balanced, perfect, and would never cause any offense. Its a well kept "city leather". Dzing is a unique, oddball character that is all about the offense it might cause. Dzing's country animalic odors layer really nicely with Cuir Ottomans, by the way, giving it a more real and organic, "lived in" aura. Cuir Ottomans is the leather of a new suede cowboy jacket while Dzing is the horse the cowboy rode in on.

If you could find a bottle of Musks Kubla Khan you could have the advantages and the best of both in one - a raunchy animal opening with a warm gentle leather closing!
    Great comparative analysis of the two scents! Also the first time I remember leather being mentioned in relation to Muscs Koublai Khan. I typically turn to Eau d'Hermes (cumin and perhaps some civet), Knize Ten (castoreum) and Idole (cumin and booze) for lascivious and animalic leather. I'd use Dzing! the same way if it didn't disappear on me within ten minutes!