Code of Conduct

Threaded View

Blog Entries

Default Question about Serge Lutenís?

Hello everyone,

After having read mostly rave reviews about SL’s here and on other perfume forums, my curiosity got the best of me, and I decided to try them out – and have been working my way through decants from Perfumed Court. Thus far have tried Datura Noir, Sa Majeste la Rose, A La Nuit, Arabie, and Ambre Sultan – and today am trying Fleurs d’Oranger.

I actually have like all of them – no problems with the scents – they are initially very appealing – though I would not call any a “knockout” that I must have, because, after the first hour or so, they fade into oblivion. I can press my wrists to my nose and still smell them faintly – and they all smell much the same towards the end, but perhaps I am expecting too much?

I am not a “perfume eater” in body chemistry – have no problem with my Guerlain’s, and other scents that have remained in my wardrobe. I get long lasting scent and sillage from my wardrobe favs and some new Caron acquisitions.

I guess I am disappointed. Perhaps I was expecting too much. Has anyone else experienced this, or is it simply something in my personal chemistry or perhaps my olfactory preferences?
    Last edited by DeeOlive; 19th November 2007 at 06:46 PM.
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya