Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Blog Entries

Default SotD Tuesday 20 November

Good morning, I slept late today and couldn't believe my eyes when there was no SotD thread...

CdG White for me, accidentally most appropriate for the Universal Children's Day.
    Last edited by tigrushka; 20th November 2007 at 07:21 AM. Reason: wrong month...
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."
    Currently wearing: Encre Noire by Lalique

Default Re: SotD Tuesday 20 October

My dear Tigrushka, the thread title says October instead of November Must have been the early time of day!

DIOR HOMME for me
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Cedre.
    I only look at the day and date number.
    DONNA
    Currently wearing: 28 La Pausa by Chanel

Poison - probably not so appropriate for Children's Day!

Good morning all. I'm swathed in Vrai Blonde from Etat Libre d'Orange. This is a gorgeous incense-leather with notes of peach and rose. This is just the right balance of leather for me. I may have over-applied it a tad, though. I'm sharing an office today with several people, and they might not approve.

Cooncidentally, I have just opened to my email to find a message from Les Sentuers in which the philosophy of Etat Libre d'Orange is extolled in ridiculous fashion. If I'd read that nonsense before deciding on a fragrance this morning, Vrai Blonde would still be unopened in the sample case.
    Last edited by Sestra; 20th November 2007 at 07:06 AM.

Good Morning everybody! I seem to be a bit late today - Tigs you are an early riser!
    It's only 8 a.m. here and you've been up for hours.
    I was thinking of wearing Le Parfum de Therese, but as it's a special day for children (and I'm a part-time teacher) I thought I'd wear Lullaby Superfume instead - as if I need
    any excuse to wear such a dreamy fragrance!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    Good Morning everybody! I seem to be a bit late today - Tigs you are an early riser!
    It's only 8 a.m. here and you've been up for hours.
    It's 10.20 here now, Helsinki is in the GMT +2 hrs zone...
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by BrothaG View Post
    My dear Tigrushka, the thread title says October instead of November Must have been the early time of day!
    Oh dear, indeed. I slept like a log. Must fix the month, thanks!
    Last edited by tigrushka; 20th November 2007 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."
    Currently wearing: Encre Noire by Lalique

Default Re: SotD Tuesday 20 November

Iris Poudre on a rainy morning.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

Heywo all
    Universal Children's Day? On the one day I wear something described as "old lady perfume"? How ironic!
    No doubt a lot of BNers will be outraged to know that the above mentioned perfume was Mitsouko *hides*. Nah I blame juvenile taste
    Have a great day everyone!

Good morning, all! :wave:

I am outrageously sweet and almondy and powdery in KM Loukhoum and feeling cuddly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Working again today ( I rarely work 2 days back to back) So it will be Burberry Brit again.

Good morning, folks !
    Ambra Aurea for me- comforting, warm.
    Jury duty day...

Un Bois Vanille again....dark vanilla, licorice, burnt sugar; I don' t find this one very woody at all, but I don' t mind. A comfort frag!

Enjoy your day, all :bounce:
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

For Universal Children's Day I'm going to wear my Les Belles de Ricci- Cherry Fantasy! Young and sweet, perfecr fro another gray day in Edinburgh...

Good morning folks Slept late today it seems :O Have a few things I need to do today,so decided on something quite light today.Ended up with Pure Poison. You people must be sick of reading about my eye,but it IS a slight improvemnet(but the doctor think it's healing too slow..."threatened" w/Cortison pills...) Hope you all have a nice day.
    Currently wearing: Coromandel by Chanel

Blog Entries

Good morning - and ineespenes glad to hear your eyes are improving - no matter how slowly.

Testing today MPG Rose Opulente
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

Ine, I don't think anybody is bored about your eye condition, but rather, if I may speak for all of us, we're worried. So it's good to be kept posted and to hear about some improvement. Fingers crossed, dear! Meanwhile, you sure smell good
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Hello, everyone!
    Quote Originally Posted by lady_in_black
    Ine, I don't think anybody is bored about your eye condition, but rather, if I may speak for all of us, we're worried.
    Yes, yes and more yes. Ineespenes, please do keep us posted!

Day two in Juliette Has a Gun Lady Vengeance for me, as the rose note is realistic (with plenty of leaves and stems) and smells good on me throughout, and the drydown proved delicious and very satisfying, particularly in this misty and chilly fall weather we're having.
    Last edited by ComDiva; 20th November 2007 at 11:04 AM.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...
    Currently wearing: Infusion d'Iris by Prada

chanel no 5
    it's funny that this has become a comfort scent for me, when initially I perceived it as aloof.
    maybe it is to a certain degree. there is an appropriateness about it that is like an outer layer, and makes me feel at ease moving about at work, etc.
    the inner, closer to the skin layer is warm and sensual, for myself and those close to me and is not perceived right away or from a distance.

and I will pipe in to say I would like to be updated on your eye, also, Ine, I think we are all sending you good vibes and hoping you are well soon.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Sage Machado Topaz today.

Ines - at least there is improvement.

Take care of yourself and keep us informed....
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

You guys are great! Will keep you updated.
    Currently wearing: Coromandel by Chanel

Spritzed on Naomi Campbell Mystery (from a sample from Musse....!!!) which somehow combines oranges and vanilla over tonka (!!) to good effect. Not awfully mysterious but pretty.

But now I've discovered that it's Children's Day so will switch to Joy after the morning shower.

Continuing to send positive energy for the eyeball Ines...keep us informed!! Scary things are best shared amongst friends.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

Today it will be:

Jacques Bogart Witness

Top Notes
    Artemisia, Orange, Lemon, Bergamot,

Middle Notes
    Fir, Rose, Cinnamon, Geranium,

Base Notes
    Styrax, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Benzoin,
    These things cannot be long hidden: the Sun, the Moon, the Truth--Buddha
    Currently wearing: Yatagan by Caron

Ligea la Sirena for me today.

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    chanel no 5
    it's funny that this has become a comfort scent for me, when initially I perceived it as aloof.
    maybe it is to a certain degree. there is an appropriateness about it that is like an outer layer, and makes me feel at ease moving about at work, etc.
    the inner, closer to the skin layer is warm and sensual, for myself and those close to me and is not perceived right away or from a distance.
    Testing Chanel No 19 in parfum as my SOTD.

Will be testing Guerlain Purple Fantasy as my SOTE.

I never got the Chanel No 5 thing either, until you gave me a sample of the parfum Renee. Yes, I do find the parfum a comfort scent as well, but with a big dose of elegance. I still don't get the EDT or EDP, though.

Take care of the eye, Ineespense!
    Last edited by dimples; 20th November 2007 at 01:22 PM.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Basenotes Institution

Tabac Blond (EdT) by Caron
    "All problems are illusions of the mind."

-- Eckhart Tolle

I put on VW Princess and regret the choice, but it's hard to wash off, so I'll live with it for today.

SOTD: Bois des Îles.
    SOTE: Gaultier 2
    SFTB: Aroma Calm by Lancome

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Hello, all my lovelies!
    It's true: We share our cares and want to know about every blink, ineespense.

I'm feeling quite committed to Hove Rue Royale.
    Just a matter of when, not if, I'll order a bottle
    because my little dram is going quickly.
    Then I'll have enough to spread the stuff around!
    Last edited by Quarry; 20th November 2007 at 03:02 PM.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Testing Ayala Moriel's Black Licorice today. Wonderful! The best licorice/anise/absinthe out there, imo. A true bittersweet indulgence, it's the softness of a candied floral with the backbone of a bitter herb. Takes it from girly to ladylike. It has no leather in it, but the combination of bitter with the patchouli (I think) gives it a leathery impression for me. I'm very impressed. Unfortunately, I find that a lot of AM scents don't have great longevity, probably as a result of them being entirely natural in make up. I'll just have to keep reapplying!
    Another belief of mine; that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise.

Margaret Atwood