Code of Conduct

Default SotD Tuesday 20 November

Good morning, I slept late today and couldn't believe my eyes when there was no SotD thread...

CdG White for me, accidentally most appropriate for the Universal Children's Day.
    Last edited by tigrushka; 20th November 2007 at 07:21 AM. Reason: wrong month...
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Tuesday 20 October

My dear Tigrushka, the thread title says October instead of November Must have been the early time of day!

DIOR HOMME for me
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Cedre.
    I only look at the day and date number.
    DONNA

Poison - probably not so appropriate for Children's Day!

Good morning all. I'm swathed in Vrai Blonde from Etat Libre d'Orange. This is a gorgeous incense-leather with notes of peach and rose. This is just the right balance of leather for me. I may have over-applied it a tad, though. I'm sharing an office today with several people, and they might not approve.

Cooncidentally, I have just opened to my email to find a message from Les Sentuers in which the philosophy of Etat Libre d'Orange is extolled in ridiculous fashion. If I'd read that nonsense before deciding on a fragrance this morning, Vrai Blonde would still be unopened in the sample case.
    Last edited by Sestra; 20th November 2007 at 07:06 AM.

Good Morning everybody! I seem to be a bit late today - Tigs you are an early riser!
    It's only 8 a.m. here and you've been up for hours.
    I was thinking of wearing Le Parfum de Therese, but as it's a special day for children (and I'm a part-time teacher) I thought I'd wear Lullaby Superfume instead - as if I need
    any excuse to wear such a dreamy fragrance!!

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    Good Morning everybody! I seem to be a bit late today - Tigs you are an early riser!
    It's only 8 a.m. here and you've been up for hours.
    It's 10.20 here now, Helsinki is in the GMT +2 hrs zone...
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by BrothaG View Post
    My dear Tigrushka, the thread title says October instead of November Must have been the early time of day!
    Oh dear, indeed. I slept like a log. Must fix the month, thanks!
    Last edited by tigrushka; 20th November 2007 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Tuesday 20 November

Iris Poudre on a rainy morning.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

Heywo all
    Universal Children's Day? On the one day I wear something described as "old lady perfume"? How ironic!
    No doubt a lot of BNers will be outraged to know that the above mentioned perfume was Mitsouko *hides*. Nah I blame juvenile taste
    Have a great day everyone!

Good morning, all! :wave:

I am outrageously sweet and almondy and powdery in KM Loukhoum and feeling cuddly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Working again today ( I rarely work 2 days back to back) So it will be Burberry Brit again.

Good morning, folks !
    Ambra Aurea for me- comforting, warm.
    Jury duty day...

Un Bois Vanille again....dark vanilla, licorice, burnt sugar; I don' t find this one very woody at all, but I don' t mind. A comfort frag!

Enjoy your day, all :bounce:
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

For Universal Children's Day I'm going to wear my Les Belles de Ricci- Cherry Fantasy! Young and sweet, perfecr fro another gray day in Edinburgh...

Good morning folks Slept late today it seems :O Have a few things I need to do today,so decided on something quite light today.Ended up with Pure Poison. You people must be sick of reading about my eye,but it IS a slight improvemnet(but the doctor think it's healing too slow..."threatened" w/Cortison pills...) Hope you all have a nice day.

Blog Entries

Good morning - and ineespenes glad to hear your eyes are improving - no matter how slowly.

Testing today MPG Rose Opulente
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

Ine, I don't think anybody is bored about your eye condition, but rather, if I may speak for all of us, we're worried. So it's good to be kept posted and to hear about some improvement. Fingers crossed, dear! Meanwhile, you sure smell good
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Hello, everyone!
    Quote Originally Posted by lady_in_black
    Ine, I don't think anybody is bored about your eye condition, but rather, if I may speak for all of us, we're worried.
    Yes, yes and more yes. Ineespenes, please do keep us posted!

Day two in Juliette Has a Gun Lady Vengeance for me, as the rose note is realistic (with plenty of leaves and stems) and smells good on me throughout, and the drydown proved delicious and very satisfying, particularly in this misty and chilly fall weather we're having.
    Last edited by ComDiva; 20th November 2007 at 11:04 AM.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

chanel no 5
    it's funny that this has become a comfort scent for me, when initially I perceived it as aloof.
    maybe it is to a certain degree. there is an appropriateness about it that is like an outer layer, and makes me feel at ease moving about at work, etc.
    the inner, closer to the skin layer is warm and sensual, for myself and those close to me and is not perceived right away or from a distance.

and I will pipe in to say I would like to be updated on your eye, also, Ine, I think we are all sending you good vibes and hoping you are well soon.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Sage Machado Topaz today.

Ines - at least there is improvement.

Take care of yourself and keep us informed....
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

You guys are great! Will keep you updated.

Spritzed on Naomi Campbell Mystery (from a sample from Musse....!!!) which somehow combines oranges and vanilla over tonka (!!) to good effect. Not awfully mysterious but pretty.

But now I've discovered that it's Children's Day so will switch to Joy after the morning shower.

Continuing to send positive energy for the eyeball Ines...keep us informed!! Scary things are best shared amongst friends.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Today it will be:

Jacques Bogart Witness

Top Notes
    Artemisia, Orange, Lemon, Bergamot,

Middle Notes
    Fir, Rose, Cinnamon, Geranium,

Base Notes
    Styrax, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Benzoin,
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Ligea la Sirena for me today.

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    chanel no 5
    it's funny that this has become a comfort scent for me, when initially I perceived it as aloof.
    maybe it is to a certain degree. there is an appropriateness about it that is like an outer layer, and makes me feel at ease moving about at work, etc.
    the inner, closer to the skin layer is warm and sensual, for myself and those close to me and is not perceived right away or from a distance.
    Testing Chanel No 19 in parfum as my SOTD.

Will be testing Guerlain Purple Fantasy as my SOTE.

I never got the Chanel No 5 thing either, until you gave me a sample of the parfum Renee. Yes, I do find the parfum a comfort scent as well, but with a big dose of elegance. I still don't get the EDT or EDP, though.

Take care of the eye, Ineespense!
    Last edited by dimples; 20th November 2007 at 01:22 PM.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Basenotes Institution

Tabac Blond (EdT) by Caron
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

I put on VW Princess and regret the choice, but it's hard to wash off, so I'll live with it for today.

SOTD: Bois des Îles.
    SOTE: Gaultier 2
    SFTB: Aroma Calm by Lancome

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Hello, all my lovelies!
    It's true: We share our cares and want to know about every blink, ineespense.

I'm feeling quite committed to Hove Rue Royale.
    Just a matter of when, not if, I'll order a bottle
    because my little dram is going quickly.
    Then I'll have enough to spread the stuff around!
    Last edited by Quarry; 20th November 2007 at 03:02 PM.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Testing Ayala Moriel's Black Licorice today. Wonderful! The best licorice/anise/absinthe out there, imo. A true bittersweet indulgence, it's the softness of a candied floral with the backbone of a bitter herb. Takes it from girly to ladylike. It has no leather in it, but the combination of bitter with the patchouli (I think) gives it a leathery impression for me. I'm very impressed. Unfortunately, I find that a lot of AM scents don't have great longevity, probably as a result of them being entirely natural in make up. I'll just have to keep reapplying!
    Another belief of mine; that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise.

Margaret Atwood

Slept in
    Sueded Musk

SotM
    Boucheron Femme
    Now, I know I've
    not worn this for a while
    but, all of a sudden
    it's just so beautiful
    and SOFT?
    For some reason I
    don't quite
    remember it this way.

A really nice
    surprise.
    Last edited by Agent Provocateur; 20th November 2007 at 04:24 PM.
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Just got back from the P.O with my WINTER STAR sample

I've over-applied and now I smell like my hair is on fire!

From a lovely package that arrived yesterday, from an equally as lovely basenoter (thanks Dimples!) I chose MDCI's ENLEVEMENT au SERAIL. This beautiful warm spicy floral has full bottl. written all over it. This is my second wearing. I wore it last nite, and had to spray it again today. It's gorgeous!
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

Red Delicious

Slept in EnJoy body cream, a great TJMaxx bargain and great for my drying skin. Haven't seen the frag there or I'd buy it too.

Today, I'm getting ready for the holiday and wearing Miss Balmain

I'm wearing Tom Ford Black Orchid

For children's day, Le Petit Prince.
    Sniff and let sniff.

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Coney Island today and it's taking me back to a special day last summer
    I've trademarked the color bleu

I havent posted for nigh on 6 months so Im a relative newbie (hubby keeps pressing me to stick my head in on occasion), so "Hi everyone!" *waves frantically*

Im at home today with a virus, so Im just wearing some "Cabotine de Grés" body milk.

Ine, great to read about improvement of your eye. Please keep us informed.

I'm going to bed in Fabienne's Silver Violets.

Have a good night all!
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

Quote Originally Posted by spicegirl View Post
    ..... MDCI's ENLEVEMENT au SERAIL. This beautiful warm spicy floral has full bottle written all over it. This is my second wearing. I wore it last nite, and had to spray it again today. It's gorgeous!
    Agreed!! Spritzed it on late afternoon at work (overJOYed!!) ....and my boss HATES it.

Am destroyed.

"The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Quote Originally Posted by mira187 View Post
    I havent posted for nigh on 6 months so Im a relative newbie (hubby keeps pressing me to stick my head in on occasion), so "Hi everyone!" *waves frantically*

Im at home today with a virus, so Im just wearing some "Cabotine de Grés" body milk.
    Welcome back, Mira. Are you Dimi's lovely wife? I'm sure you have much to contribute here!
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    Agreed!! Spritzed it on late afternoon at work (overJOYed!!) ....and my boss HATES it.

Am destroyed.

Your boss has NO taste in fragrance. And you can tell him I said so!

SotE = Jacques Bogart Witness. My oh my is this nice!
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Am destroyed.

Oh well.... different strokes....I on the other hand, received 3 compliments at the hairdressers this afternoon on the much "hated" scent, and one was from a man, who actually said I smelled awsome, and quickly wrote down the name hoping to buy it for his wife for Christmas! I did however, suggest he get a sample first, just in case!

Am destroyed.

It's good to have a boss repellent handy - used only "for emergencies" of course....
    --------------------------------------------------
    SoE - SL UN Bois Vanille
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

SotE is Michael Storer's Winter Star. Quite yummy in a rather un-foody way. I like!
    Another belief of mine; that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise.

Margaret Atwood

Givenchy's Pi

Orazuli

Dear Taolady that's truly devastating. I agree, your boss has not taste!

Now let me share with you, that my newly found love for Boucheron Femme has sadly met a very similar fate.

My cat positively HATES it! Usually, whenever I sparay anything on, he speeds right into my bedroom and is all over me, climbing literally to sniff it, then when I bend down to pet him
    he licks my perfumes usually like crazy LOL.

Today was the first day I've worn Boucheron Femme since we adopted him, and he not only ran out of the room - high speed exit at once - but later on pretty much attacked my wrist smacking at it with his paws. I know he didn't want to hurt me but I got the idea. He just does not like it. (Perhaps his previous owner wore it, he is an adopted 3 yr. old cat after all, and perhaps the scent is attached to negative experience, but this most loving cat surely HATES Boucheron Femme!)

So after my shower, and boy did I ever scrub, I decided on Datura Noir for the day - tested and tried out with Toffee already - and now I've changed into my new Burberry Brit Gold. Luckily for me he likes both .
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Polo Blue for Men.
    Gary

Trouble...Boucheron
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Am destroyed.

Tao - This just goes to show you can't please everyone! I went out to dinner tonite for my sister's birthday wearing the Enlevement, and when I hugged my younger brother hello, he immediately wrinkled his nose and said yuck, is that perfume ever gross! Boy, did I laugh! After the previous compliments, I thought I smelled awsome, and then that! I probably wouldn't have found it so humerous had been someone else though, thank God he was family! I'll continue to wear it whether people like it or not, cause I think it's gorgeous! I guess your boss and my brother both have lousy taste!