Code of Conduct

Default Scent for empty nester?

Hello Basenoters! I am a soon-to- be empty nester. My eldest son left home three years ago to study at University (he still comes home now and then) and my youngest son
    is about to embark on a "Gap" year travelling the world (he leaves just after Christmas).

Can anyone suggest a fragrance to help me over this adjustment period and also,
    mark the start of a new phase in my life? I feel sad that my "babies" have flown the nest,
    and yet strangely excited that my husband and I can now have time for ourselves as a couple, after 25 years of marriage.

Default Re: Scent for empty nester?

Wow congrats Kewart!
    Hmm a comfort fragrance eh? I'm not sure what kind of fragrance you are into but judging from your wardrobe I'm suggesting perhaps Champs Elysees. My idea of a comfort fragrance is something sweet, vanillic and woody though - perhaps like the new Immortelle L'Amour by Ayala Moriel (smells maple syrupy and makes me think of a crackling fire in winter with snow outside... wish it snowed here sometimes!)
    Hope that helps. Tell us what you choose!

At the moment (in fall or winter weather), I think of Coco--it's very comforting yet sophisticated for me. I feel secure when I wear it, and find it absolutely delicious and glamorous. Good luck and enjoy this new stage!

Bond No.9 Eau de New York is very comforting for me

Quote Originally Posted by Jalee View Post
    At the moment (in fall or winter weather), I think of Coco--it's very comforting yet sophisticated for me. I feel secure when I wear it, and find it absolutely delicious and glamorous. Good luck and enjoy this new stage!
    Nice rec why didn't I think of that?

Funnily enough I have been meaning to buy Coco for a while now.
    Think I may just do that, particularly as I don't currently have any
    Chanels in my wardrobe. Great suggestions - thanks.L'Amour sounds awesome too.
    Last edited by kewart; 20th November 2007 at 11:55 AM. Reason: missed something out

Chanel No 5 Sensual Elixir

And congrats on successfully raising two sons! I might also suggest finding a new past time to pursue could be a good idea. Something you have always wanted to learn or do & never had the time for.
    Last edited by beachroses; 20th November 2007 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    Funnily enough I have been meaning to buy Coco for a while now.
    Think I may just do that, particularly as I don't currently have any
    Chanels in my wardrobe. Great suggestions - thanks.L'Amour sounds awesome too.
    Oh yes! Treat yourself to the parfum!

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

I think you need to shop for three fragrances (because we need more excuses): one to remind you of the warmth of family ties, one to light a fire under Mr. Kewart for your new-found private times, and another one ... well, has anyone formulated one titled Yo-Yo(?) cuz those kids can come and go and come and go.

Welcome to this new chapter of your life! Funny how those years seem to have flown so fast when you look back at them.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Blog Entries

Congrats Kewart on successfully raising two... and as others have said now is the time to focus on you - and pamper yourself (and DH too). Why not order a bunch of samples and have fun trying out lots of new scent, and "sniffing" each other?

I'm having a ball doing it. My comfort scent is Guerlain's Terracotta Voile d'Ete - which though discontinued can still be found very inexpensively at discount sites online.
    Last edited by DeeOlive; 20th November 2007 at 07:11 PM.
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

Congrats, dear lady !
    We're "1/2" empty nest here- one boy out, one gone after next year...
    I'd add Musc Ravageur , or Neonatura Cocoon for comfort, or Attrape-Coeur.
    Maybe Vanille Tonka.

{If any sound interesting, or you have preferences, let me know-
    I could make you up a sampler]