Code of Conduct

Default SotD Wednesday 21 November

A good (and early) morning everyone

Parfums d'Orsay - Le Dandy
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Default Re: SotD Wednesday 21 November

hey all
    inspired by taolady's sotd yesters and so wore mystery by naomi campbell from a sample sent by musse
    enjoy your day everyone!
    Last edited by jillsy; 21st November 2007 at 05:52 AM. Reason: grammar

Good morning all!
    I have a job interview at one o'clock and I'm already feeling jumpy....
    I'll be wearing Bvlgari Black layered with tiny spritzes of Cuir Ottoman on the pulsepoints.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Buni, good luck with the interview!

I'm in a combination of Heure Exquise and Grand Amour, feeling completely Annick Goutal.

Have a good day!
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

I am wearing Yves Saint Laurent: Body Kouros

Goody mornings, everyone

CdG 2 for me today, have a wonderful Wednesday!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte
    In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures. For in the dew of little things the heart finds it's morning, and is refreshed. -Kahlil Gibran

Current Favourites: Mandarine by Il Profvmo, Sculpture Homme by Nikos

Tabac Blond.

good luck LIB!

changed into vanilla from the body shop... it's so yummy!

Teint De Neige by Villoresi. It is rather too gourmand for my mood, and an hour after application it is smelling a bit like petrol as well. I may have to try to wash it off and apply something else, but I'll give it one more hour.

Chêne - Serge Lutens
    Wishlist is pointless.

God morning
    I'm wearing Black Cashmere today

Good morning Wearing one of my "feeling like a Diva scents" today- Trouble.GOOD LUCK LIB!And hope the rest of you have a wonderful day as well.

Go get 'em, dear LiB!!! Hope they instantly offer you the position at twice the salary you expected.

Today I'm wearing Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab's October, which is turning out to be a perfect accompaniment to this grey, chilly and damp late fall day. The scent is both wet and burning leaves, and crisp air. Mmmmm!
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Dunhill Edition this pre-turkey day.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Hows the eye ineespenes?
    Good night all

D&G Light Blue for the gym. Sending good vibes your way LIB for an awesome interview!

Quote Originally Posted by jillsy View Post
    Hows the eye ineespenes?
    Good night all
    Actually my eye feel a whole lot better The swelling has gone down,it doesn't hurt as much as it used to+not at all as red as it was.Will see what the doctor says tomorrow...*hope I won't have to do Cortison injections*.Looks like staying at home for a few days has helped a lot

JIcky once again.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Blog Entries

Testing MPG Rose Muskissime today. Off to the store to buy turkey and sweet potatos etc. to prepare for tomorrows feast.
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

How'd it go LIB???

Glad to hear the better news Ines....we're rooting for you!!

Reached into my goody bag of samples from The Wolf and came up with Sonia Rykiel Le Parfum.

WOW!!!

I see why Wolfie likes this house - this one has "top notes of hinoki wood, mimosa and passion fruit. The heart of Le Parfum is osmanthus from china, rose de mai, and iris from Tuscany. The base is tonka bean, ambered precious woods, and vanilla" and it is sumptuous and gorgeous. Ackshully maybe a bit too much for this-going-to-be-sunny day.....but maybe not!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Basenotes Plus

Good luck, LiB!
    I'm comparing Caron Nuit de Noel edt & extract (I know, I know) to decide which one is more wearable for me.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

I am wearing KM Loukhoum today.

Hope your job interview went well, Lady in Black!! Please post and tell...

Glad to hear your eye is getting better, Ine!

I envy you *Thanksgiving-people* - we have too few feasts here in Scandinavia, I think...
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Pulled Valentino's Rock and Rose out of the sample bag this morning.

I stared at the card and couldn't help wondering what Valentino was thinking when he allowed his marketers to name this perfume. Maybe it sounded better in Italian. Or they got him drunk first.....
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Chai Latte body wash, followed by Tea for Two -- definitely comfort scents.
    Sniff and let sniff.

Good luck LIB!
    It's shower-fresh Parfum Prive for me today after weeks of heavy amber scents

I think I'll wear Passage d'Enfer this morning.

Threatening to snow for the first time this season.
    It has been abnormally dry, so I think any kind of precipitation would be grand.
    I miss summer. I feel like creating an aroma of green, growing plants around me, therefore I will wear Ayala Moriel Grin and grin along with it.
    Glad to hear that your eye is improving, Ineespenes. If the rest helped, I hope you can continue to keep your eye off duty for awhile, even if you go back to work. Pirates are in fashion, you know.
    LIB, best of luck in the selection process. I trust you fared well in the interview, dear. What's not to like about you?

Hope the interview went well LIB!
    Very happy you're seeing some improvement in your eye INEE.

Today another sampling from my pkg. from Dimps (thanks) HERMES AMBRE NARGUILE. A lovely spicy leather/tobacco scent. Although somewhat sweet and gourmandy (not normally what I go for), the spice and light amber make this a very wearable oriental with a gorgeous dry-down and finish. Soft, warm and comfortable. This would make a wonderful comfort scent on cold winter nites!
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

Armani Attitude...Gary

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Continued good vibes for all! Forced myself away from Hove Rue Royale today for a change and am wearing Bourbon French Eleftorea.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Institution

Black Aoud by Montale (thanks Rentboy)
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

For the morning testing
    SL Sa Majeste la Rose.
    So far not for me .
    In fact, probably the only
    SL I'm not swooning over.
    (That's a good thing though).

Best of luck LIB!
    Glad to hear the good news Ineespenes !
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

I am wearing Burberry Brit, but I might shower to decongest and then switch to...umm...something???

I will not steal my husband's Floris samples....I will not steal my husbands Floris samples....

Started the day happily in Gres Cabaret, made the mistake of putting on some body lotion that turned out to be very strongly scented (but nice - Roger & Gallet Jen Marie Farina) and then spritzed on a test of Magie Noir in a shop because it was likened to Black Cashmere, which I really enjoy. They're really not similar. I think I have a headache coming on. Oh dear.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    I will not steal my husband's Floris samples....I will not steal my husbands Floris samples....
    Very funny! I'm lucky enough that I'm the only perfume freak in my house, although my wife is starting to get interested. Maybe I should hoard my samples.

For me, it's the 1st day with Le Baiser Du Dragon

...mmm.... mmm... mmm.

Thanksgiving wishes to all who celebrate it!

Cheers, Dave

Thank you dear ones for your good vibes! The interview was only the first step, so I've got to wait and hope. Good jobs are not abundant these days

Ineespenes, good to hear your eye is healing

After the interview, I rewarded myself with a trip to one of my favourite perfume stores and got samples of the three new Parfums d'Empire. I am wearing Osmanthus Interdit on one wrist and Equistrius on the other one. Let me say I am NOT impressed. Both are just "pretty" and the lasting power on me was almost nil. On the other hand, I tested the Fougère Bengale on a male colleague and, although I wouldn't wear it myself, it was amazing on him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Annick Goutal Songes for me today. Put it on at 7.30 this morning, and it's about the same time in the evening now, and it's still there. That's quality.
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

LIB- knock 'em dead !
    Ines- I'm so glad your eye is improving...

Started out w/ Black Cashmere, layered w/ Prada Fd' lovely.
    After the gym, I Profumi's Vaniglia w/ Fd'O-
    Now, Serena's Sweet Amber Wood has arrived, and I'm in THAT.

What was it Oscar Wilde said-
    "Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative" ?
    How about " Indecision is the root of all mental illness", LOL !

Happy day tomorrow, folks-
    We have a lot to be grateful for...
    Like each other, for example...

Crossing my fingers for you LIB, hope it will go your way!

Busy days for me lately, not so much time to write.

At work today at the hospital I wore YR Comme une evidence elixir. It's chyprish in feel, I like it very much for work, combined with the bodylotion.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_in_Black View Post
    Thank you dear ones for your good vibes! The interview was only the first step, so I've got to wait and hope. Good jobs are not abundant these days

Ineespenes, good to hear your eye is healing

After the interview, I rewarded myself with a trip to one of my favourite perfume stores and got samples of the three new Parfums d'Empire. I am wearing Osmanthus Interdit on one wrist and Equistrius on the other one. Let me say I am NOT impressed. Both are just "pretty" and the lasting power on me was almost nil. On the other hand, I tested the Fougère Bengale on a male colleague and, although I wouldn't wear it myself, it was amazing on him.

LIB my bet is that you and Fougère Bengale would be a stunning combo!

SotE = Cumming by Alan Cumming
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Fumerie Turque today.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Thank goodness your eye is better, inees! And I have my fingers crossed for you LIB!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all! I'm in McCormick vanilla extract today, and tomorrow will be smelling of fried onions!
    Please, spritz responsibly.

I wore Sacrebleau after working out today. Now I have sprayed myself down with Annick Goutal Folavril ( newly purchased) and I am elbow deep in pie making......it is an interesting combo.

Kelly Caleche
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

I wore Ayala Moriel Sabotage to work today. I was very interested in this one but it didn't leave much of an impression. Now I'm trying her Cabaret. This one wasn't one of the ones that really caught my eye but so far I find it very interesting! Starts out very tangy, then it becomes very rosy, then it becomes tangy-rosy, and now it's softening into rosewater with a little zing to it. Fun!
    Another belief of mine; that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise.

Margaret Atwood

My SOTE.....Kyoto by Comme des Garcons from Series #3.
    Gary

Finishing the odious cleaning and onion peeling in a goodly dousing of Pink Sugar! Because what the hell!

Tomorrow, I'll need something entirely unfoody.

Don't quite know how to tell you this, but I dabbed on the tiniest bit of a long-forgotten monster of thirty some years ago and am LUVVIN'.......Georgio????!!!!! "floral bergamot, mandarin, jasmine, rose, carnation, orris, sandalwood, cedarwood, musk, moss and amber."

It's really beautifully balanced and provocative and there are two things I think contributing to this serendipitous occasion - 1) Use ONE DAB and, 2) Be of a certain age.

This is another frag (I think) that benefits from less estrogen (but no therapy) no meds, drier skin and a mellow metabolism. I can remember this as a harsh, jarring 'fume (prolly the bergamot - which my bod now loves) that I thought downright vulgar. Now, this little 1 ml. sample's gonna do me for a year - one dab at a time!!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    Don't quite know how to tell you this, but I dabbed on the tiniest bit of a long-forgotten monster of thirty some years ago and am LUVVIN'.......Georgio????!!!!! "floral bergamot, mandarin, jasmine, rose, carnation, orris, sandalwood, cedarwood, musk, moss and amber."

It's really beautifully balanced and provocative and there are two things I think contributing to this serendipitous occasion - 1) Use ONE DAB and, 2) Be of a certain age.

This is another frag (I think) that benefits from less estrogen (but no therapy) no meds, drier skin and a mellow metabolism. I can remember this as a harsh, jarring 'fume (prolly the bergamot - which my bod now loves) that I thought downright vulgar. Now, this little 1 ml. sample's gonna do me for a year - one dab at a time!!!

I love it! Actually I got a sample of Giorgio in my last package from an etailer. Maybe I'll give it a whirl!

Giorgio was one of my very first blind buys after joining BN, and I can honestly say that it is one of the worst frags I have ever smelled...I tested it on two separate occasions, and it smelled like a mix of turned hair spray and bug spray.
    I suspect my bottle must be a relict from the year Giorgio was launched - 1981, because I sincerely believe no perfume can smell that gross.
    I still have my bottle, and will give it a new chance, inspired by your posts, Taolady and Zibeline! :bounce:
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

My SotD and SotE
    is Voleur de Roses
    but for the evening
    I've added a touch of
    musk oil to it .

Delicius!
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

summer means fireflys

funny you mention Georgio ... I was flipping through some magazines during my Mom's eye surgery yesterday, and I saw big ads for Georgio in THREE different fashion mags! I was surprised, as I sort of thought Georgio was dc'd long ago!
    I've trademarked the color bleu