Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ah, my wallet is thinning! (with pictures)

Today I was tempted to go to CMG sale. Before I went there I tried to tell myself not to visit the perfume counter as I intended to go buy some shirts, but again, I couldn't resist to try out some frags. I got a chance to try Opium pour homme this time, but decided to leave it until next time.

I was then at Aigner counter, and the SA tried to make me buy every scent (that is not possible, lol). Since I already have Aigner Black, I today bought deodorant (50 ml) and after shave gel (50 ml) for a good deal (as seen in the photo below). Also, Suede Edition Man was tempting (125 ml for US$38) and so I bought it too. I think BLUE EMOTION is a nice fresh scent, but I decided to leave it there. CMG will organize another SALE next month! I will try not to go.

Then I went to Hugo Boss counter and tried Baldessarini AMBRE and yes, I liked it. So it was purchased (90 ml). It's rich, warm, and seems to be long lasting. I will wear it tomorrow.

I also tried D & G Light Blue for men. I really can't tell if I liked it because at that time I had already smelled more than 10 scents! My nose was really blurred and almost numb.

And, this is such a good news. Kiton is now in stores here. I really like it from the sample vial. I will buy it when they offer some discount. At the moment it's US$114 for 125ml. Also, Sean John has been here for about 1 month, and is starting to do well. I guess it will be popular soon. You can't go wrong with something that smells similar to Creed MI.

Oh, I am sniffing the card soaked in Kiton Black and it's a heavenly thing!!!
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Default Re: Ah, my wallet is thinning! (with pictures)

Oh I wish I could reach those offfers. Lucky you!!!!.
    Don't you worry at this time of the motn,everyone's ballet is empty, but all of us smell delicous!!
    Read my perfume reviews at: http://perfumenoparatodos.blogspot.com/

Digital art portfolio: www.dreamlandpostcards.com

Post Thanks / Like

Nice pictures!

I thought I recognized an Ambre bottle in the first picture - glad to see it in the second!

If you are anything like me, you will continue to like it after many wearings. It is not my favorite amber (Ambre Sultan) but it is excellent and a lot less expensive

Speaking just for myself, I did not care for D & G Light Blue after testing it separately.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Post Thanks / Like

My suggestion is to consider not buying deodorant sticks and aftershave products in a scent that you own. Yes they are convenient, but you can easily make substitutes. I only buy them when they are going really cheap, either by themselves or as part of a gift set.

As far as the substitutes go, you can easily mix up a decent after shave balm by spraying EDT into the many unscented balms around (e.g. Nivea for Men Extra Sensitive, Rexona for Men). And apply unscented deodorant or antiperspirant to your underarms (e.g Mitchum, Naked, or the Clinique or Aramis sticks) then lightly apply some EDT near them. The problem with aftershave balms and gels is that many do not have the shelf life of an EDT or after shave splash, and they can and do go off eventually. I've even bought some that were already off at the time of purchase.

Thus you can get the same effect as what you desire far more economcally, and more money left over to spend on something useful - like more EDTs.
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madridbatabidd View Post
    Oh I wish I could reach those offfers. Lucky you!!!!.
    Don't you worry at this time of the motn,everyone's ballet is empty, but all of us smell delicous!!
    Yes, I understand this universal problem, but as time goes by I buy more than before. I guess I bought 6 scents in Sept, 8 in Oct and 11 this month. This is an emergency case! LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    Nice pictures!

I thought I recognized an Ambre bottle in the first picture - glad to see it in the second!

If you are anything like me, you will continue to like it after many wearings. It is not my favorite amber (Ambre Sultan) but it is excellent and a lot less expensive

Speaking just for myself, I did not care for D & G Light Blue after testing it separately.
    I am very easy going. I am sure I will love it. I took these pics from Sumsung D500. Next time I will use Fuji camera instead. Pics for wardrobe thread are on the way.

About Light Blue, I don't think it can get my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    My suggestion is to consider not buying deodorant sticks and aftershave products in a scent that you own. Yes they are convenient, but you can easily make substitutes. I only buy them when they are going really cheap, either by themselves or as part of a gift set.

As far as the substitutes go, you can easily mix up a decent after shave balm by spraying EDT into the many unscented balms around (e.g. Nivea for Men Extra Sensitive, Rexona for Men). And apply unscented deodorant or antiperspirant to your underarms (e.g Mitchum, Naked, or the Clinique or Aramis sticks) then lightly apply some EDT near them. The problem with aftershave balms and gels is that many do not have the shelf life of an EDT or after shave splash, and they can and do go off eventually. I've even bought some that were already off at the time of purchase.

Thus you can get the same effect as what you desire far more economcally, and more money left over to spend on something useful - like more EDTs.
    Renato
    Well, thanks for your advice. But to let you know, I normally don't buy these side stuffs since Thailand is a warm country and so aftershave can annoy me after 10 minutes of application. I have after shave of 212 men, Chic, Boss Bottled, and Visit and these came with gift sets. They have been untouched for several months now. The reason I bought Aigner Black deodorant spray and after shave gel can't be something else but the price. Both cost me about US$5.

About unscented lotion, it's hard to find here in Thailand. Most of them come perfumed. Regular brands in stores include Nivea, Vaseline, Johnsons, Jergens, Citra, and some local brands. But I will bear your suggestion in mind, it is useful :-)

P.S. I just opened Suede Man box and oh, the cap is so grand, and the attached small introduction book is beautiful.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Post Thanks / Like

Have you ever sampled Aigner's In Leather Man?I wish I have bought the Suede edition instead of the latter.Very smooth,very underrated and almost totally unknown by most.Really nice and hard to find scent...
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by discovolante View Post
    Have you ever sampled Aigner's In Leather Man?I wish I have bought the Suede edition instead of the latter.Very smooth,very underrated and almost totally unknown by most.Really nice and hard to find scent...
    Yes I have tried 'In Leather Man' last year 2006. It was outdone by Aigner Black in terms of projection and sillage so I didn't buy it. Suede Edition is nice, and I am wearing it now on my left arm. My nose is clear now and you know what? Its base notes are similar to that of Boss Bottled!!! One big difference is that Suede accelerates to the base note very quickly, only 5 minutes after application, while Boss Bottled takes a few hours to get there.

I will have to give it a full wearing before summing up that it's very similar to Boss Bottled. Anyway, for a price like this, it's a winner. The cap is really nice, covered by, as I believe, a synthetic leather.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Post Thanks / Like

I have sampled Aigner In Leather Man in the stores and it smells similar to Calvin Klein's Euphoria, probably because of the Suede note in the CK... needless to say that In Leather is a brilliant scent.. only reason I didn't buy it too is because I already own Ck Euphoria and didnt want to stock up another parfum that smells more or less the same.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by javagreen View Post
    I have sampled Aigner In Leather Man in the stores and it smells similar to Calvin Klein's Euphoria, probably because of the Suede note in the CK... needless to say that In Leather is a brilliant scent.. only reason I didn't buy it too is because I already own Ck Euphoria and didnt want to stock up another parfum that smells more or less the same.
    I've never tried Euphoria.

Anyway, after trying these 2 new purchases, I sighed. Both of them smell similar to Boss Bottled. How come!!! LOL.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Baldessarini Ambre quite a bit. Lasts a good while on me. You mentioned the CMG sale. Is this Central (Chidlom)? Do you know when the December sale is?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by globetrekker View Post
    I like Baldessarini Ambre quite a bit. Lasts a good while on me. You mentioned the CMG sale. Is this Central (Chidlom)? Do you know when the December sale is?
    LOL, you know something about it. Yes, CMG stands for Central Marketing Group. It belongs to the largest store in Thailand called Central Department Store, which has more than 5 stores in Bangkok, and Chidlom branch is the 2nd largest store. Next month they will go to Sirikit Convention Center, which can be reached by the underground train (MRT). The SA told me it would be from 1-8 Dec, or, 8-15 Dec. I really can't remember which period is right.

I will confirm later. I can tell you now that they carry Thierry Mugler, D & G, YSL, Hugo Boss, Baldessarini, Aigner, Azzaro, and Benetton. Also there are some cosmetic brands, including clothes. Please see here:
    http://www.cmg.co.th/

Each time they carry different scents on sale. So you can't expect to see every scent of every brand. I wanted to purchase B Men but they didn't bring it. Also, I want to buy Live Jazz but the same problem.

Moreover, in December, LuxAsia will organize another big sale at Maneeya Center building, which can be reached by sky train (BTS)!!! You can buy TSAR (100ml) for 700 baht or US$20. This company carries Davidoff, Dunhill, Escada, Lanvin, CK, Mont Blanc, Paco Rabanne, Bvlgari, Kenneth Cole, Britney Spears, and several others. However, it is usually crowded and their organizing system is below average. Some discontinued scents will be very cheap.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto