Code of Conduct

Thread: Detox

Post Thanks / Like

Default Detox

Hello Basenoters, I find myself at a rather awkward situation right now. While experiementing with the ultimate fragrance sin of blending; I managed to discharge roughly 7ml of Kouros unto my arms and upper torso (~70 sprays).

while I'm not axphixiated as one would expect, there is a very strong odor clinging even after showering. As much as I enjoy this olfactory experience, I have a very important meeting tonight where this will surely be inappropriate.

Can anyone suggest some cleansing techniques that does not involve the shedding of my skin?

Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Detox

Without a word of a lie... tomato soup.

It works for skunk spray victims, so it might just work here.

Good luck btw,
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 22nd November 2007 at 05:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Newfie Screech?

Seriously though...take a bath in liquid Tide.

Post Thanks / Like

Screech is too good to waste...I tried rubbing alcohol but that didn't do much.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Detox

Fill the tub with tomato juice dump in a bottle of vodka and a whole head of celery. Stir liberally with your whole body and have a kouros bloody mary. Sorry to make fun of your predicament. But I couldn't help myself. Good luck.

LOL

Rick
    For sale post

[url]http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=190169[/url]

" I wanna have my kicks before the whole s--t house goes up in flames"

Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

Why not enjoy the Kouros while it lasts?
    (I guess I'm one of the few ardent defends of YSL's classic on this board . . .)

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Pouring a mixture of baking soda and water on the affected parts might help neutralize the odor.
    Last edited by ajmc; 22nd November 2007 at 07:16 PM.

Just re-read your post and now understand the situation better. Try vinegar, then shower it off.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Dimitri: you did mean tomato soup - the ones in cans not tomato juice right?

I used the tomato soup and vinegar before showering and the results are good. Kouros is very faint but while sillage is very low; the odd mix of vinegar and tomato is somewhat peculiar.

Thanks for all the tips everyone.

Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Hey lasta,

Yep, I meant the canned soup variety.
    Glad you managed to avoid a public Kouros catastrophe

LMAO AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA.... I'm sorry. When he said 70 sprays I almost died from laughter...
    I'm so fo sho' it's no facade/ Stay out of trouble momma said as momma sighed/ For her fear her youngest son be a victim of homicide/ But I gotta get you out of here momma.. Or I'm gonna die..Inside...So either eay you lose me momma/ So let loose of me!

I wonder how long it would last if you did not wash it off. Missed opportunity to find out.

Seriously, would it lsst more than two days on someone's skin? Probably the clothing and everything would get its smell though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boal View Post
    I wonder how long it would last if you did not wash it off. Missed opportunity to find out.

Seriously, would it lsst more than two days on someone's skin? Probably the clothing and everything would get its smell though.
    Why don't you give it a try and let me know? Thinking about it, 7ml is not that much, every gulp of water we drink is about 10-20ml. Make a note to shower in it for a weekend and you might even like it.

Post Thanks / Like

Kouros must only be handled under laboratory conditions with biohazard-proof potective garments. You should read the French on the bottle more carefully
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Kouros must only be handled under laboratory conditions with biohazard-proof potective garments. You should read the French on the bottle more carefully
    I hope noone gets the wrong impression if this little guy. It's a very pleasant and wearable scent and people are more often allured than repulsed by it.

Kouros has no connections with urinal cakes (I've sampled the un-used ones) and it doesn't bring to mind bodily secretions. It presents a sharp citrus opening and a honey-like drydown, plus it's has a relatively controlled sillage that will not likely suffocate.

Whatever way you look at it, Kouros is not a dangerous chemical.

Post Thanks / Like

So, how did it work out in the end? Like you and tv, I am a big fan of Kouros, but there is a limit to my love...around five sprays.

Did it come off, or could you still smell it in your meeting?
    You are not your perfume.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it came off just fine. Ended up as if I sprayed myself 3-4 times instead of the 7mils. Which brings me to another point: because Kouros has a low sillage, I usually do about 5 as opposed to 3-4 with my other frags.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lasta View Post
    Kouros is not a dangerous chemical.
    If you like Kouros. If you are one of the many people who don't, it is a very dangerous chemical, one which can induce gagging, vomiting, and even causing the Baby Jesus to cry. Wear with care.

By the way, there is no way you're talking about Kouros. My guess is that you have a bottle of Body Kouros (Dark grey bottle?) Just a guess though (*"It has a honey-like drydown"*), and it's also supported by the fact that you mentioned low sillage. Kouros has major sillage, unless you have skin like the Bonneville Salt Flats.
    - Rich
    Last edited by _R$_; 23rd November 2007 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, it's Kouros - opaque white bottle, light blue lettering of "Kouros Eau de Toilette". I said Honey-like drydown because it has a somewhat sweet base but very dense and something else is going on. BK is more like a boozy vanilla.

It lasts fairly long but it sticks close, don't you think so?

Post Thanks / Like

I really think that Kouros is one of those scents that differs greatly from person to person. On me, I have never gotten any of the urine notes that people talk about, nor have I ever heard anyone comment that I smell like urine. However, on others there were times when I noticed somewhat of a "pee-ish" note. I guess there is body chemistry involved, but it's just one of those frags that either people like or they don't.
    You are not your perfume.

70 sprays...

lmao you should kiss Dimitri
    I am very sure you would end up in jail walking around with 70 sprays of Kouros.