Code of Conduct

Thread: Shy Yatagan

Unhappy Shy Yatagan

I have a problem: I don't know why, after 1, 2,.. 5 spays of Yatagan, people arround me can't smell it.

Lack of "proyection" + strong smell

It's only my bottle (buyed at discount internet retailer: Fragrancex) or a general fact?

Default Re: Shy Yatagan

I have the EXACT same problem! It's ostensibly a sillage monster on almost everyone else here on the board, but I get almost NO projection with it. Others I know here insist that a cloying miasma of pine needles hangs around them all day when they wear this Caron classic. On me, though, it's VERY close to the skin.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Yatagan speaks of mature gentlemanliness. Most perceptions of it are premature and way off. I've never had a problem with people smelling it. Put a few sprays underneath your shirt, up your chest and let them drift up onto your throat. Put a couple of sprays down through the neck and back as well. It smells good on freshly washed hair also. A distant mist or two wherever feels good or a little in your hands rubbed in there. Most fragrances also smell great on clothes. Yatagan's no different. The clothes will hold the scent for a long time. Mist and walk forward/backward/ or spin-through. Do it a few times times.
    Last edited by pluran; 22nd November 2007 at 11:50 PM.

pluran has this right on the money. The chest part is important for sillage with Yatagan. It starts to project well with a little perspiration.

I get decent sillage & longevity with Yatagan.
    I'm trying to score another bottle as we speak...i love this juice.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I personally don't think any of the Caron fragraces for men are loud scents. They last and and a controlled sillage - more of a scent a gentlemen wears.

The sillage from Yatagan is not what you would expect given the scent. I figured it would be a lot more prominent but it's not one of the strongest sillage scents I have, that being said I don't think it has any shyness problems. Others can certainly smell it on you. I only wear one spray on each pec and find that works perfectly (I do this with almost all of my scents).

I'm not sure where you're spraying, but after 5 sprays certainly people around you should be able to smell it. Are you sure it's not just olfactory fatigue?

No projection, no sillage, no longevity (it doesn't matter where and how much I spray it)
    on my skin and nobody can smell it on me even after one half hour.
    But: I still like this fragrance.

I suscribe Iggy's words: no longevity, no projection wherever you spray the frag (I swear that I don't spray my ankle) but nice and far differnt smell.

For me its very surprising: a-priori a "dangerous" smell, that you should handle with care, no overdose, and at the few minutes after... where's the fuck Ottoman warrior gone??!