Code of Conduct

Thread: Lime

Basenotes Plus

Default Lime

Ever since trying Virgin Island Water I cannot stop craving lime! I looked at some of the fragrances in the directory containing lime, can anyone reccomend any in particular?
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Default Re: Lime

Lovers of VIW should try Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts. It's reasonably priced and offers a lot of the same deliciousness that VIW does.
    I can also tell you that the Montale Aoud Lime is probably not at all what you're looking for. Lime is a backseat in that to me.. and not the sparkling effervescent lime that I like.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Is there any place to sample Montale Aoud Lime?

I have Montale Aromatic Lime, it's lovely. I can only imagine how much better in would be in warmer weather than in CO.

Since you are in England, you might has access to Castle Forbes Lime, as special edition that is very nice and not too sweet.

Truefitt and Hill West Indian Limes is very nice.
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Quote Originally Posted by Mattybumpkin View Post
    Truefitt and Hill West Indian Limes is very nice.
    Trumper's is excellent, too, and so is Crown Spiced Lime, though the emphasis there is less on the lime and more on the spice. Royall Lyme is another classic. Acqua di Genova is a nice Eau de Cologne that uses lime rather than lemon and combines it with (white) florals.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

I believe Laguna by Salvador Dali has lime as a top note as well...

You've got to try Montale's "Aromatic Lime" - not to be confused with Lime Aoud. It's amazing - a 3D lime, and despite Lime being the main course, it's still thick and rich, has decent longevity and isn't powdery at all. Incredible scent.
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sa Majesté La Rose

Quote Originally Posted by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR View Post
    You've got to try Montale's "Aromatic Lime" - not to be confused with Lime Aoud. It's amazing - a 3D lime, and despite Lime being the main course, it's still thick and rich, has decent longevity and isn't powdery at all. Incredible scent.
    I again, will recommend Aromatic Lime. I had it sprayed on a sweatshirt Monday morning, and after dinner tonight I grabbed it out of my trunk and could still smell it. It is a great scent, I think that you would be hard-pressed to find a better lime.

And, I would just like to point out that Aoud Lime doesn't have any lime in it at all. There is an accord that smells "like" lime but isn't. I love it but it's not lime. I was able to get the official notes from Vijay and Aoud Lime is lime free. Aromatic Lime, on the other hand is chock full of lime and is fantastic. I think it's a great recommendation and I am pretty sure that Vijay could help you get a bottle for 20% off the list price.

Aoud Lime is not really about lime, It's about aoud, and saffron.(I have it and love it)
    However Outrageous! by Frederic Mallle is pure LIME nirvana. fresh, tart, and green. I'm totally addicted. Spray this little gem on to get the full sillage effect, I don't think people have test driven this scent properly. Virgin water is too sweet for me. I don't get lime in this one either.

Try Lime by Caswell&Massey, pure fresh Lime.
    Wondrous is our great blue ship that sails around the mighty sun and joy to everyone that rides along!

Calvin Klein - Contradiction

Fresh piquant lime and citus, very interesting frag IMHO.
    Last edited by r2s; 23rd November 2007 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by r2s View Post
    Calvin Klein - Contradiction

Fresh piquant lime and citus, very interesting frag IMHO.
    The lime in this one is decent. Let me also add Floris JF, which has a tart lime mixed in with a mossy green vibe going on.

As for pure lime/west indian lime solifores, I have tried almost all the english ones (Trumpers, T&H, etc.), and they all feature a bright but short lived lime note. However, I was most impressed by Castle Forbes Limes (Limited Edition) cologne because of the clarity of the lime note as well as its longevity.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Let me also add Floris JF, which has a tart lime mixed in with a mossy green vibe going on.

I'll second JF too and as an all round fragrance this one is pretty damn good, great quality.

I've become quite a fan of Royall Lyme. It's a balanced and surprisingly long-lasting (at least for me) lime, underscored by a bit of spice that keeps it going long after the initial blast of freshness is gone. Sillage isn't the best, but I'll catch little whiffs of it if it's a hot day or I'm about to break a sweat.

Creed's Bois de Cedrat is quite nice too. I've only had a sample, and it's not very complex or long-lasting, but the lime-cedar combo is unbelievably good. Some have said it's lemon but to me it smells a little more bracing than most lemons.

At the risk of sounding pushy, ALL citrus frag fans should at least try these two. And though I can't speak to it personally just yet, some of the guys on the wet shaving boards claim Taylor of Old Bond Street's No. 74 Victorian Lime is a very nice lime and one of the longest lasting. All in good time though:-)
    Loves of Late: Agua Lavanda, Eau Sauvage, Gendarme, Guerlain Vetiver, Guerlain EdC Imperiale, Ivoire de Balmain, Kenzo PH, Mitsouko, Royall Lyme, Tabac Original

Also L'Artisan Navegar has a very good lime note. Not big lime though, its not really a lime frag as such.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews