Code of Conduct

Default Immortelle L'Amour by Ayala Moriel

My boyfriend's review of this one is
    "It's powdery and feminine but it has a hot chili pepper smell to it. Sort of a combination of the two extremes."

Now my experience with this is that it is a wearable gourmand, reminds me of organic dark chocolate, deep and cozy, I want to say bracing also, like a good cup of espresso is rich but also bracing. There is no chocolate in these notes, but rather cinnamon and something like maple ... I will copy the notes from Ayala's site. "Notes: Broom (Genet), Cinnamon , Immmortelle Sweet Orange, Vanilla,"

I would be interested to hear other impressions of this beauty. It is very full bodied, a round scent. Comforting. Deep. Warm. Wonderful winter scent.
    Let me know what y'all think!
    Last edited by rtamara41; 22nd November 2007 at 09:57 PM.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Default Re: Immortelle L'Amour by Ayala Moriel

I didn't get the "hot chilli pepper smell", I just found it very much like spiced maple syrup... yummy!

Off-Scenter

I was privileged enough to sample Ayala's immortelle scent before its release, and it is a beautiful, rich, dark composition. That "maple syrup" note is the immortelle itself, and featured prominnetly as here it yields a profoundly gourmand experience. Anybody with an olfactory "sweet tooth" ought to give this one a try!

what I like about it is that for me it is not TOO sweet, just enough. There is a bracing quality in it which grounds it for me.Just love it.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Quote Originally Posted by Vibert View Post
    That "maple syrup" note is the immortelle itself
    Ooh ok I comprehend I haven't smelled any other fragrances with prominent immortelle notes.

Quote Originally Posted by jillsy View Post
    Ooh ok I comprehend I haven't smelled any other fragrances with prominent immortelle notes.
    me neither, and I think the "spiced" quality that you noted is maybe what I find as "bracing" (in a good way) and BF tried to describe as hot chili pepper.
    Maybe it's the cinnamon?
    in any case, it's lovely.

Wow, great descriptions.
    Hello, other Test Bunnies!
    The "maple" immortelle note was dominent to me, to the point that I considered the parfum to be gourmand.
    It reminded me of the bourbon-and-butterscotch aroma of Santa Maria Novella's Muschio, a vegetal musk made from sumbul root.
    And yes, you will be hard-pressed to find any other perfumes featuring a strong Imortelle note. That is because this perfumeur is not afraid to take risks and push borders.
    Did you try her four vetiver scents: Vetiver Blanc, Vetiver Noir, Wylde Vetiver, and Vetiver Racinettes? That was a reguar tour-de-force of vetiver. I fell in love with vetiver after that.

Interesting to read about the new Ayala Moriel. (Is it still work in progress, or has it been finalized and released at this point?)

Here are some other scents that to me have a prominent immortelle note:

PG - Corps et Ames
    AG - Sables
    SL - Chypre Rouge
    Dior - Eau Noir

And I've read that the new CDG Luxe Patchouli is heavy on immortelle as well.
    Last edited by PaulSC; 23rd November 2007 at 03:51 PM.
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Off-Scenter

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSC View Post
    Interesting to read about the new Ayala Moriel. (Is it still work in progress, or has it been finalized and released at this point?)

PG - Corps et Ames
    AG - Sables
    SL - Chypre Rouge
    Dior - Eau Noir

I believe Ayala's scent is now available for purchase.

And yes, there's definitely some immortelle in Luxe Patchouli.

bleu autumn haze

PG - Corps et Ames
    AG - Sables
    SL - Chypre Rouge
    Dior - Eau Noir

Don't forget Guerlain's Cuir Beluga OR L de Lolita Lempicka when mentioning a immortelle note. I didn't realize Chypre Rouge had it ... I must find a sample of that, as well as this new one of Ayala's. I am quite fond of immortelle.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

i enjoyed it very much-
    But after awhile, all that was left was maple syrup on my skin- and it smelt a bit sour- Which is a shame.
    I generally adore immortelle- this didn't quite work with me.

This was part of the sample pack I just recieved from Ayala. I wore it last night and it is divine. A different gourmand that isn't chocolate or Turkish Delight. For me it is deep and rich and decadent but, like rtamara, it's not tooooo sweet. I enjoy this so much that I'll have to check out those other immortelle scents mentioned.
    Another belief of mine; that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise.

Margaret Atwood

PG - Corps et Ames
    AG - Sables
    SL - Chypre Rouge
    Dior - Eau Noir

Teehee onto the "to test" list they go!

Quote Originally Posted by Vibert View Post
    I was privileged enough to sample Ayala's immortelle scent before its release, and it is a beautiful, rich, dark composition. That "maple syrup" note is the immortelle itself, and featured prominnetly as here it yields a profoundly gourmand experience. Anybody with an olfactory "sweet tooth" ought to give this one a try!
    I was fortunate to try this one pre-release as well and I really like it. The cinnamon, tea and vanilla notes are the ones that stand out to me. I love fragrances with noticeable tea in them, so I was excited to try this one.

The more I read what you are all saying, the more I am thinking that it may be the tea note in this that makes me experience it as invigorating rather than cloying.
    As an aside, Ayala has just put together an actual drinkable tea based on this fragrance. It's for sale on her site now.

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    As an aside, Ayala has just put together an actual drinkable tea based on this fragrance. It's for sale on her site now.
    I noticed that... that's so cool!

So, are all of you people Test Bunnies, too?
    I have sampled 45 of Ayala's fragrances. Everyone on BN knows how much I enjoy her line.
    Thanks for posting about your Immortalle, rtamara41. Let's keep sharing reviews whenever we receive new test fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by purplebird7 View Post
    So, are all of you people Test Bunnies, too?
    I have sampled 45 of Ayala's fragrances. Everyone on BN knows how much I enjoy her line.
    Thanks for posting about your Immortalle, rtamara41. Let's keep sharing reviews whenever we receive new test fragrances.
    I see that you have a nice collection of Ayala's scents in your 'drobe.
    What do you think of starting an Ayala thread where we can post impressions of whatever it is we happen to be testing at the time?

Basenotes Institution

This scent sounds lovely.

I still remember the first time that I ever encountered an immortelle note - it was Eau Noire by Dior. Wow! I sniffed my arm where it was sprayed all night.

A immortelle scent that is wonderful that noone's mentioned yet is: Fougere Bengale by Parfums D'Empire. I have a small sample coming to me from another Basenoter. However Ayala's smells much more 'spicier' and honestly the cinnamon note is piquing my curiosity to try this very soon.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Well, I have given up the fight, and just ordered the 8ml flacon of Immortelle l'Amour plus some of the tea to sip along with it. I have been wearing my sample all day and just love it.
    Mike I would offer to pass mine along to you, but it's nearly gone, and the sample packs are such a great way to try her scents that I encourage you to pick a handful. Another that I am loving is Megumi, I think you would enjoy it, it has a vibrant vetiver drydown that lasts and lasts, which surprised me, since I thought the natural perfumes did not have as much longevity as the synthetics. Despite the feminine Japanese name, I would consider Megumi to be a shared fragrance.
    Last edited by rtamara41; 25th November 2007 at 01:07 AM.