Code of Conduct

Thread: Ferrari Black

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ferrari Black

I wore Ferrari Black today after buying it really cheap last week. From numerous wrist tests, I'd always thought it pretty ho-hum.

However, I was surprised by how well it kept pleasantly wafting up for most of the day. It was a lot livelier than I had anticipated. It's a light ambery fougere scent - meaning its amber note is nowhere near as sharp as that of other ambery fougeres like Sculpture, Diesel++, Roma Uomo, Elements Aqua etc.

Has anybody else been as impressed as I finally was?
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ferrari Black

Yes, I've been impressed by it! It is very good smelling and I was surprised by its cheap price.
    It is reminiscent of a kind of vanilic amber, which is very pleasant.
    Honestly I like it more than other fragrances which you mentioned(Roma Uomo, ...)
    It is a very good example that show there isn't any correlation between the price and beauty of the scents!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by msi_21 View Post
    Yes, I've been impressed by it! It is very good smelling and I was surprised by its cheap price.
    It is reminiscent of a kind of vanilic amber, which is very pleasant.
    Honestly I like it more than other fragrances which you mentioned(Roma Uomo, ...)
    It is a very good example that show there isn't any correlation between the price and beauty of the scents!
    Thanks. It's good to see I'm not the only one who's been impressed.
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

I think it smells quite good, got it as a gift from Italy, but it seems to take so many sprays to get it to last. Oh well.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Deo Spray of this received from somebody as a gift... I haven't given it a full wearing so I can't comment.. i'm not too fond of Amber scents anyway :|

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your responses. Clearly this isn't a much liked scent around here, which doesn't surprise me, given my initial underwhelment with it.

I guess that is why sample vials are useful - they enable a better testing than the somewhat deceptive wrist test.
    Renato

Yes....I Like this alot. Ferrari Black and Red are the ones that I really like along with Ferrari 1. Ferrari Yellow is a nice scent also....F Black is a wonderful fragrance and when I spray this I have Great memories of the vacation my wife and I were on when I made this purchase.
    Gary

The complaints I've heard about it is that it has terrible longevity, so the obvious question to those who really like it is, do you use more sprays per application than you do with other EDTs?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    The complaints I've heard about it is that it has terrible longevity, so the obvious question to those who really like it is, do you use more sprays per application than you do with other EDTs?
    No - but then again I always apply six squirts of nearly everything I wear.
    Renato

This was my first fragrance, and my god I LOVED IT! A very nice, masculine woody scent, it just smells wonderful. Yes, there are some longevity problems I suppose, but for the cheap price it's worth it. I used about 6 sprays of this on average, 1 to each inner elbow, 2 to the chest, 1 to the neck, and one on the shirt for some extra longevity. Don't underestimate it just because it's made by a car brand, it actually smells quite good.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Ferrari Black

It was one of my first fragrances too.
    No, I wouldn't put it ahead of Roma Uomo but we're comparing apples and--I mean citrus and orientals
    It's uplifting and it is underpriced.
    I've mentioned it before with other underrated cheapos: Yves Rocher Homme Nature, CH's 212 h2o, Iceberg Twice, even Perry Ellis 360 Red is worth a sniff.
    Is it not mentioned more often because because it's cheap or because it's too linear?

Who nose?
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.