Code of Conduct

Talking Time for a shower...

...to wash off Prada PH and start with a fresh clean slate for the Ungaro II I just received in the mail. Thanks DelJaso for the great price and quick shipping!

So far I've only smelled the sprayer and I have to say it smells amazing and I'm really really excited to try it on. But I've got to do this properly. Must. Take. Shower. First.

Okay, I'm out of here before I lose all willpower and start spritzing like crazy.

Sorry if this thread is pointless, but this is my first discontinued frag, first civet frag, and first time purchasing from a basenoter. A lot of firsts! I hope it goes better than my...ahem, other first :-P.

Default Re: Time for a shower...

Quick, shower military style, gotta try that new frag!
    Ah, the excitement of getting a new scent in the mail, especially when things are still new, is so awesome. I hope you enjoy!
    As for going better than your other first, I think it will. In this case, you can just sit back, relax, and let the fragrance do all the work for you. Unless you lost your virginity to a prostitute, this should be a smoother exchange.

I love the opening notes of Ungaro II. Lavender, a hint of spice, rounded perhaps by the vanilla? I don't know, but it was nice.

It's been about 30 minutes now. I dont' detect the civet - did I spray too lightly? Maybe it's there just adding a bit of a roundness to the notes? I definitely don't smell anything fecal though, as I've read in some of the reviews.

As I sniffed my arm more and more I started to think "I've smelled this before." For some reason I couldn't place it. Then I realized it reminded me of the first scent I purchased, although a rounder, smoother, much higher quality version of it. It - don't laugh - reminds me of Passion for Men by Elizabeth Taylor. Lavender/Spicy opening, which fades to powder. Granted, Passion fades into a rather unidimensional sweet powder, and I'm not getting that so far on the Ungaro II, but there are definite similarities in the scents.

If the drydown doesn't change dramatically I might just put a spritz of Passion on the other arm. Although, I think my bottle of passion has turned as the top notes are no longer just spicy, but now have a weird acrid sour note in there that I don't recall from long ago.
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 23rd November 2007 at 05:30 PM.

I just read the title... gross...

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    I love the opening notes of Ungaro II. Lavender, a hint of spice, rounded perhaps by the vanilla? I don't know, but it was nice.

It's been about 30 minutes now. I dont' detect the civet - did I spray too lightly? Maybe it's there just adding a bit of a roundness to the notes? I definitely don't smell anything fecal though, as I've read in some of the reviews.

As I sniffed my arm more and more I started to think "I've smelled this before." For some reason I couldn't place it. Then I realized it reminded me of the first scent I purchased, although a rounder, smoother, much higher quality version of it. It - don't laugh - reminds me of Passion for Men by Elizabeth Taylor. Lavender/Spicy opening, which fades to powder. Granted, Passion fades into a rather unidimensional sweet powder, and I'm not getting that so far on the Ungaro II, but there are definite similarities in the scents.

If the drydown doesn't change dramatically I might just put a spritz of Passion on the other arm. Although, I think my bottle of passion has turned as the top notes are no longer just spicy, but now have a weird acrid sour note in there that I don't recall from long ago.
    It is very hard to smell civet, because it is there not as something to smell but to support the construction of the fragrance. All I can really smell of civet is a scent a little like dirt, somwhere buried in the mix. Never anything fecal.
    Last edited by Eluard; 25th November 2007 at 01:26 PM.
    There are people to whom the truth of language does not matter — they are known as liars.

Thanks for that, Eluard. I remember reading some people say that they smelled something fecal in the top notes of Ungaro II and, I was thinking - either my newbie nose is somehow missing that note (but how could one miss THAT?), or some of you have some rather nice smelling poo! :P

I think I can spot the civet in there then - I'm guessing it's what is adding the nice depth and roundness to the scent.