Code of Conduct

Default Azzaro vs. Rive Gauche

I just put Azzaro on my wish list instead of Rive Gauche. Was this a good decision? I'm feeling a bit "old school" these days.

Default Re: Azzaro vs. Rive Gauche

I just can't take Azzaro Pour Homme....I just can't see how this scent is so popular in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    I just put Azzaro on my wish list instead of Rive Gauche. Was this a good decision? I'm feeling a bit "old school" these days.
    In my opinion, you chose wisely.

Azzaro pour Homme is on my must-always-have list while Rive Gauche is on my must-always-swap list.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

I prefer Azzarro pH to Rive gauche as well. I tried to like RG becuase I like Brut, but I find something in RG too cloying.
    Azzarro pH has a very fresh quality but remains very masculine and edgey.
    Love the basil
    mc

Go to Marshall's, T.J. Max or Ross and pick yourself up a bottle of Azzaro for ten bucks. Then, ask for the more difficult to find and more expensive Rive Gauche for Christmas.

Rive Gauche gets my vote.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I think with RG it might be a case of grab it while you can it might not be around much longer. That said I prefer Azzarro, because it is as you say "old school", a more forward kind of old school than the bookish, refined, but too understated quality of RG.
    There are people to whom the truth of language does not matter they are known as liars.

Wink Re: Azzaro vs. Rive Gauche

I like the way mason thinks!

Assuming that you tried both, I guess if you like Azzaro better, well, that's the way to go.

At the same time, if you like them both, I don't see why you can't have them both, like some here suggested. Azzaro is very cheap, Rive Gauche can be also inexpensive.

I haven't tried either one. I just needed to find some less expensive fragrances as gift ideas to tell my family since they don't have as much money as my partner and I do. I had read reviews of both of these and they sounded similar enough that it didn't seem to make sense to put them both on my wishlist.

Then why don't you go out to some store and try them? If most people here will vote for either one does not mean that's the one you will like. Both can be found cheap. Azzaro is probably easier to find.

I'm lucky, I got both at TJ Maxx for under $20.

I prefer RG to Azzaro... I find Azzaro to brash and rough for me to pull off, but RG is smooth and refined. Both are good scents, but I think RG is definitely the better of the two.

Azzaro PH? I like both of those scents and think they're fairly close to one another, I do like RG a little bit more though.

Although, I did swap back and forth with having Azzaro pH and RGpH as additions to my wish list for a while. Since my sample decants of both are near empty maybe it's time I retry them again, I might even change my opinion, lol.

Dark RG is a pumped version of azzaro PH. How???? Much more patchouli, added too smoky smoky notes. Has greater longevity and projection. LOVE both for sure.

which one is more suitaBle for the summer?

is azzaro - pour homme fresh ?

i don't mean fresh in a fruity/aquatic/citrus way

when i say fresh i mean does it have that green forest feel, a clean viBe, fresh viBe that works good you at extremely hot weather

Azzaro is the pick here. RG never stays in my collection very long. Then again, neither does Azzaro, but it's in there right now!

Sur la Plage

I like both both, but would pick Rive Gauche if I had to choose.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I love Azzaro though I only get four hours longevity from it. So I will have to go for Rive Gauche as I get eight to ten hours from this one.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I like both both, but would pick Rive Gauche if I had to choose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I love Azzaro though I only get four hours longevity from it. So I will have to go for Rive Gauche as I get eight to ten hours from this one.
    +1 to both of these. I have both but reach for the Rive Gauche much more often, for what it's worth.
    Longevity with Azzaro is not a problem for me, but Rive Gauche lasts longer, usually 10 hours.

Both are great, both good value also

Both fine scents.

Rive Gauche for me!
    "Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each!" - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by neo_angel View Post

when i say fresh i mean does it have that green forest feel, a clean viBe, fresh viBe that works good you at extremely hot weather
    No.

Azzaro PH is a warm petitgrain and amber fragrance. It's wearable in the summer but I would not call it "fresh" by any stretch of the imagination.

If you want a "greener" fragrance in the same family try Paco Rabanne PH.

I have, use, and enjoy both. If someone put a gun to my head and made me pick just one, I'd go with Rive Gauche. But Azzarro is probably the more overtly "old school" of the two if that's what you're looking for.

They're usually available cheap enough that if you really like this general sort of scent, there's no reason you can't have both on your wish list.
    My top 5: Sea Mist; Minnow; Crab, tiger, and almonds; Semprini; Rancid Polecat N 2

I love Azzaro but never tried Rive Gauche (blind bought and im waiting to arrive)

From the comments, i think i will love Rive Gauche even more!

I like both but I prefer Rive Gauche pour Homme

Quote Originally Posted by neo_angel View Post

Neither.

RG for me.....Gary

Rive Gauche PH because i enjoy it more.

Quote Originally Posted by neo_angel

Yes, it definitely has a outdoorsy freshness to it, especially in the opening and heart. The drydown is more leathery, woody, and mossy, but still carries a "forest air" vibe, at least to my nose. (A poster above mentioned amber, which...no. ) I wouldn't call it "clean", but it's definitely fresh, in the old tradition of "fresh" - ie. not sporty or aquatic. It's a little too bitter and leathery for extreme hot weather, but on a warm spring day it totally works.

As for the topic, I prefer Azzaro. It's crisper and has more character than Rive Gauche, which is muted and rather staid by comparison.
    Last edited by subhuman85; 13th August 2011 at 10:23 PM.