Code of Conduct

Default Bond no. 9 Silver Factory == Creed Ambre Canelle ?

I went to Saks today with my gf to check out the Jo Malone counter (she's a big fan). While there I decided to visit the Bond no.9 counter, enticed by the positive reviews garnered by Silver Factory. The counter manager didn't have any samples, but sprayed some on a card for me from a small tester....my initial impressions? Wow, it smells a lot like Creed's Ambre Canelle...the same spicy ambery tone to it. My gf's comments? "It smells like Estee Lauder Youth Dew !"

Now I realise that I haven't tried it on my skin yet, but could it be that Bond no.9 frag was inspired by an already existing fragrance yet again ? Needless to say my gf wasn't impressed by it at all, while it left me quite perplexed because the notes sounded original on paper...

On the positive side, I tried Jo Malone's Amber Lavender and quite liked its clean fougere nature, and the somewhat unique amber/lavender combo ....the lavender note was nice and not too medicinal...I could see it replacing Gendarme or other everyday scents .... its not too complex nor too simple. I need to test it more but its a cautious thumbs up for now.
    -

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Bond no. 9 Silver Factory == Creed Ambre Canelle ?

I just got a decent sized sample of Ambre Canelle from bbobkc, and I will test it out and re-post my thoughts.

Yes, you're right zz - Bond No. 9 scents MUST be tested on the skin, they're a tricky bunch. I really am intrigued by Silver Factory, even though I dislike the BN9 line. But now that you're comparing it to AC, I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. And your gf's 'Youth Dew' comment? WTF?

I will also say that Jo Malone's Amber and Lavender completely wowed me in October - when I wore it on the first Saturday of October when we were all wearing AMBER'S on the Women's board and it really kinda snuck up on me. I didn't think I would like it from the initial top notes but then it transitioned into exactly what you described - a fougere scent that kind of sparkled. I think Matt (tvlampboy) hit the nail on the head when he said it smells similar to Neutrogena Rain Bath shower gel. In a good way. One of Jo Malone's sleeper scents IMO. BTW - did you smell the new Jo Malone White Jasmine & Mint?
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 24th November 2007 at 10:15 PM.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

I think the fact that Bond fragrances remind us of something else speaks volumes. Not only does it remind us but usually to an inferior degree. The only bond fragrances I liked and felt like they had an individual identity enough to merrit owning are scent of peace and riverside drive. Having said that, I am not convinced it is worth the price as for the money, there are alot more unique fragrances out there to be had. I am not knocking bond because their fragrances are nice, just not unique enough for me to warrant a purchase.

Mike, I didnt try White Jasmin and Mint by Jo Malone but I did see it there ... I bought a 30ml bottle of Pomegranate Noir to share with my gf, but I guess I should have asked for samples.

I would be interested in yours (and others) impressions of Silver Factory.
    -

Silver factory's opening reminds me of Chypre Rouge, mid notes Equestrious, and base of Bois de Portugal......It is a phenomenal scent which is very quickly becoming my new fave. It is totally unique, very complex, and concentrated, yet the sillage is never overwhelming. It is not a conservative scent, it has a feminine feel at times.....but all the same, I love it.

I got a large sample for 3 full wearings while I was at SAKS last Wednesday afternoon. After my first full wearing on Friday, I immediately ordered a bottle. This stuff is so smooth and long lasting. Nothing like it in my wardrobe, so I am pleased.

I am not much of a fan of many of the Bond No. 9 Fragrances. I find, as Scentologist pointed out, that they are much too similiar to many fragrances I have tried (Namely Creed).

I did very much enjoy Jo Malone Jasmine and Mint. It was a very light and pleasant scent. The Jasmine takes the lead with mint strongly supporting. Although it is nice enough, I suspect it may have issues with longevity and sillage that is common in many Jo Malone. Not all mind you, Pomegranate Noir is wonderful and lasts quite well.
    Last edited by The Duke; 28th November 2007 at 02:20 PM.