Code of Conduct

Default Daim Blonde Arrived and.....

Wow! I managed to score a good bottle of this! I ordered from Neiman Marcus. I had a bottle of this eons ago and the candied fruit/jam and apricot accord dominated the lucious suede which dissapointed me because the sample I had back then, the suede took center stage.

Well my friends, alas, I have hit the jackpot on this bottle. The ever so beautiful, smooth, and lucious suede is from and center! The juice is incredible balanced with the apricot and fruit tucked just underneath the suede barely enough to show how comforting and complex this fragrance is. You'll not find the sickly sweet candy that Shelldrake gets a wrap for here. Instead, it is pure heaven in a bottle and among the finest in my collection. Truely one of the few I will not be without now that I have discovered the true composition and majic of this fragrance! Suede brillance is what this is!
    --------------------------------------
    Also, I was wondering why the Haute Concentration line was not listed in the Serge Lutens website?
    Last edited by Scentologist; 24th November 2007 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Re: Daim Blonde Arrived and.....

SL has become my holy grail of niche houses. Gris Clair, Fumeri Turque and Chergui are just sublime and so long-lasting.

Dan
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."

Daily Wardrobe

Hi Dan! I feel the same way. I was into other houses such as Creed and Hermes to name a few but, I have become endeared and awe-stricken with Serge Lutens. I am finally unstanding and adoring the juice! Enjoy!

Banned

I LOVE the dry candied fruit smell that's in BORNEO 1835. Now I have got to smell daim blonde, as it sounds to be in the same vain of borneo..

And SL is quickly becoming my holy grail same as Dan... So much so that I'm planning on ordering a few bell jars as a christmas present to myself

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by NEoTY26 View Post
    I LOVE the dry candied fruit smell that's in BORNEO 1835. Now I have got to smell daim blonde, as it sounds to be in the same vain of borneo..

And SL is quickly becoming my holy grail same as Dan... So much so that I'm planning on ordering a few bell jars as a christmas present to myself
    Neoty26, if you enjoy the scent of dry candied fruit head straight to Arabie by Serge Lutens - this has that smell, in spades. Borneo, well...not really IMO. I love Borneo and it satisfies me in much different ways as the dry chocolate/patchouli gourmand goodness that it is, but it doesn't really resemble dried fruit to my nose.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Neoty26, if you enjoy the scent of dry candied fruit head straight to Arabie by Serge Lutens - this has that smell, in spades. Borneo, well...not really IMO. I love Borneo and it satisfies me in much different ways as the dry chocolate/patchouli gourmand goodness that it is, but it doesn't really resemble dried fruit to my nose.
    Candied Fruit yummm Thanks for the suggestion, now Arabie is on my To-Try list Or since the 25% off sale is still going at beautyhabit...

Well, yesterday, I did not get out but mannaged to come across two people on seperate occasions. They both completed immediately. One said "ummm, you smell really good" with a deep breath inhaled. The other said "Oh, you smell so nice" followed by a deep inhalation.

It was nice to receive the complement but what I find interesting while wearing Daim Blonde is that both took a deep inhale. This is because it the suede and fruit smell sooo smooth, it makes you want to inhale it because it is like a breath of good smelling air!