Code of Conduct

Default Paul Sebastian & Obsession - Huh?!?!?

I've been curious about this comparison that I see A LOT on basenotes so I thought I would ask for some clarification. I've asked a few times but those queries are buried in other threads and have gone ignored.

SO....please....can someone tell me about Paul Sebastian? People on here have commented how similar Paul Sebastian is to Obsession by Calvin Kline. I've been to several different cologne/perfume shops and every time I smell it, I not only detect nothing identical about them, but I also gag.

Obsession is one of my all time favorite frags, but alas, it gives me a headache when I wear it. So I thought I would try Paul Sebastian in the hopes that I would get the same smell minus the pain ('cause I haven't got time for the pain, anymore!).

The boxes have "PS" on them in gold. Do I have the wrong fragrance? I know there's another Paul Sebastian called "Casual" and another one called "Design." Is it possible one of those is actually the Obsession smell-alike?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by atrac; 25th November 2007 at 05:55 AM.

Default Re: Paul Sebastian & Obsession - Huh?!?!?

They are disimilar from one another to my nose at least. The only character that I find similar is the fact they are both warm and classics.

Smile Re: Paul Sebastian & Obsession - Huh?!?!?

Paul Sebastian (1979) smells just like old spice.. Lasts longer and is more refined.. Great scent!!

The box for this fragrance is black with PS in gold lettering on the front..

Nothing like Obsession..

.................................................. ...................I'm gonna memorize your name.. and then i'm gonna throw my head away!!........:bounce:.............

Nothing alike.

They are two different fragrances - both Obsession and Paul Sebastian do utilize spices such as Nutmeg, Clove, Cinnamon and oak moss.

I find PS to be very close to Opium and Cinnabar for women. In addition I am sad to read that Obsession gives you a headache.